Author Topic: External Eye Weights  (Read 48878 times)

4cm in Pacific Northwest

Re: External Eye Weights
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2009, 12:54:21 am »
Doc,

Can you give us an update? Are you still having normal tearing and blinking? I am hoping so.

Just wondering how you are doing...

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
Re: External Eye Weights
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2009, 07:09:42 pm »
Hi,

I'm still able to Blink, not quite normal because I've got to blink both eyes at the same time for the bum eye to blink but it is a blink all the same. And yes, the tearing is normal.  A lot of the pain has passed but I still, from time to time, have what I'd describe as phantom pain...no obvious reason, but it aches all of a sudden and it passes as quickly as it comes.  The stitches being gone a week+ now is really great and I'm healing nicely despite all of the procedures the lid has endured.

I'm looking forward, with both eyes, ha, to this Saturdays lunch gathering of local ANer's at the CheeseCake Factory here in Atlanta...taking the eye on the road as it were!

Thanks for asking!
  ;)
Doc
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 08:38:13 pm by Doc B »
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.