Author Topic: Perlane Filler for eyelid update..........  (Read 3234 times)

CROOKEDSMILE

Perlane Filler for eyelid update..........
« on: December 18, 2009, 05:46:12 pm »
I have received several emails regarding the perlane filler. I am scheduled for Perlane and canthoplasty on Jan 20th......so not really much of an update for now but just to let you  know that I'm not ignoring your emails...........I just haven't had it done yet. Will post after I get it done. Yep.......still spending money on functional/cosmetic surgeries and feeling better by the minute! Permanent or temporary........anything goes!!!!!!!
Actually Nothing is permanent unless we can stop our faces from aging and our skin from sagging.......and with the lack of tone those of us with facial paralysis have, then that REALLY makes any procedure only a temporary fix as we will droop/sag quicker! Bummer. Oh well...............LIFE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will update those of you who are interested in Jan.
Til then.................HAPPY HOLIDAYS.
Angie

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: Perlane Filler for eyelid update..........
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 11:23:18 pm »
Hey Angie, thanks for checking in. I'm looking forward to your report. I have recently noticed that I can shut my left eye about half-way, without closing the right one. Half a wink, sort of.

The ophthalmologist in St. Louis has cleared me to see my local guy in six months and not go back to St. Louis for a year. I'm all for cutting down on spending five hours on a road for a two hour wait to see him for 10 minutes. He's a great doctor, but boy could he improve upon his time management. The only downside is that I won't be able to stop at Trader Joe's very often.

I hope you and all your boys enjoy a very happy Christmas.

Take care,
Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

CROOKEDSMILE

Re: Perlane Filler for eyelid update..........
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 10:36:13 am »
Hey there Sara,
So good to talk to you. Been keeping in touch with everyone on Facebook. Are you on there? Let me know.
Hope all is well. I don't get on here very often but will post when I have information that might be helpful to someone going through facial paralysis. Any little bit helps and each procedure makes me more comfortable......not talking aesthetics........I'm talking function...........blinking without scrunching up my entire cheek for instance. So I am VERY excited about this next procedure. Not nervous at all.......just plain excited. Will stay in a hotel for a week in Austin, TX 8 hours from home as the doc. doesn't want me leaving until then so that I can get stitches taken out. Will take my entire family and puppy with me so it should be zero stress (the thing that stresses me the most is being away from my family.) The doctor is Tanuj Nakra....just came to Austin from Beverly Hills, CA practice. Anyone interested can google him. He just did a study on the use of perlane for the weak eyelid and it was published. AND he is very sweet. I've never had a surgeon call me on my birthday and never had one personally call my insurance company to help me get some of the surgery covered. The Perlane isn't covered.....but everything else is. Kind of nice after some of the "kooks" I've come across in the last 2 years.
Hope you have a blessed holiday Sara and I would love to meet you in person someday.
Life is BEAUTIFUL.
Angie