Author Topic: Droopy eye  (Read 3929 times)

ombrerose4

Droopy eye
« on: November 01, 2009, 11:15:46 am »
Hi everyone. I am almost 5 weeks post-op and have been developing some eye issues the last two weeks. Along with no tears on left side , I have noticed that during the day I have episodes where my left eye starts to droop. It feels like gravity is pulling it down- very weird feeling. The last few days it has been more noticeable. I see the eye dr. tomorrow and my neurotologist on Thursday. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them.
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
Re: Droopy eye
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 04:32:35 pm »
Hi Om-

Can't say that I've heard of this one before.  My eye started drooping immediately - but of course the whole right side of my face was drooping, too.   ;D

Do you have any other facial symptoms? Are you keeping the eye well lubricated? 

Please post and let us know what the docs say, okay?

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 06:04:44 pm »
I've heard that happening to people when they're more fatigued - it seemed to be temporary, just took time to return to normal.
Like Debbi I'm wondering if there are other facial symptoms.
Well,  you'll see what the docs have to say about it real soon.
Always good thoughts,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

wendysig

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 08:21:39 am »
Lauren,

Did you ask Dr. Choe about your droopy eye?  When I met you yesterday I didn't notice any drooping and I really looked at you.  I hope everything is okay.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

ombrerose4

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 09:42:17 am »
Hi Wendy,

Yes I did ask Dr. Choe and showed him pictures we had taken. He didn't quite know what to make of it. All of my neurological signs are normal. He wants me to watch it and keep him informed. I am also seeing an eye doctor today to see what she says. Thanks for asking.
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 06:36:26 pm »
I woke up with paraylsis and of course the eye issues. Weeks later my bottom eyelid started to droop. It got worse before it got better. It was tired of hanging around without any support then it suddenly started to get better.
Stay positive, I know it is difficult but things do improve.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

rsteph

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 03:51:43 pm »
I to woke up with facial paralysis but never had problems with tears.  My eye would not close completely and they put an eyeweight in and that  helped.  My eyelid drooped when I was tired and teared execessive.  In your case, just give it some time and hopefully things will improve.  Two months was the call from my doctors but they all were wrong and my problems started improving at 10 months post op.   
3.7 cm AN Translab Aug 08' 100 percent removal UT Southwestern - CSF leak, Bacterial Meningitus. Rt side Facial Paralysis.  Partial facial movement returned 11 months post op.  Still healing