Author Topic: External Eye Weights  (Read 48945 times)

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
Re: External Eye Weights
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2009, 08:43:46 am »
Hey Cindy,

Yes, I finally got around to making an appointment to see Gaye; she's very busy so my appointment is a little far out, but I'm ok with that.  Cindy, do know an Audiologist in our area that does Baha work?.  I'm going to take everyone's advice here and get another opinion on the subject.  Thanks DHM and Steve; persuasive arguments all.

I'm looking forward to lunch with everyone on Saturday...not to worry about the weather...my knee's don't hurt!

CK appointment tomorrow at 1:00.  They called while I was typing this reply...woohoo...a trip through the toaster in my near future.

Take Care!
  ;)
Doc
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

Nickittynic

• Bug in the Brain Blog
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2009, 09:06:59 am »
but they can all pass for sober on flat ground in the daytime. :)

Steve

So funny that you say that, Steve, because I do sometimes wonder if I ever were to be pulled over if I would pass the sobriety test. :p Never have needed to try before and hopefully never will!

Good luck with all your appointments, Doc!
25 year old OBGYN nurse, wife, mother of two
5.5cm x 3.1cm left side AN removed via retrosigmoid 9/09 @ Hopkins
SSD, Tinnitus, Chronic Migraines, Facial paralysis (improving!)
Resolved - Left sided weakness, Cognitive issues
Gold weight, upper and lower punctal plugs, tarsorrhaphy

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2009, 10:20:19 am »
Ok this was just posted by an Australian firefighter ...and is very cool. 8)

Looky over here folks
http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=11230.0;topicseen

DHM 8)
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Doc

« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2009, 01:17:34 pm »
Ok, just to update everyone, my new appointments as a result of your many inputs in this thread:

December - 23rd - Woodstock ENT - Consult regarding possible Baha and / or alternative treatments for SSD (Left / AN Side).  This is a new Audiologist for me.
January 11th, 2010 - Atlanta Ear Clinic - Facial Paralysis Therapy

Also have an appointment tomorrow with the Radiation Oncologist to begin the trip down the CK path I've known was coming; to fight off the remainder of my AN which rests on my Brain Stem.

Thanks again everyone!
  ;)
Doc
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2009, 01:35:27 pm »
Alternative treatments at Woodstock - GROOVY ! I can just imagine what they are !  (couldn't resist ... lol...)
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Doc

« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2009, 02:46:09 pm »
I'm a big fan of the event...bought Santana's Woodstock Experience (Live) Album recently on iTunes...good stuff!  Carlos Santana is true Guitar Hero!

Thanks Nancy!
  ;)
Doc

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2009, 06:03:40 pm »
I was 13 y.o. in 1969, & do you believe I had the nerve to ask my parents if I could go ? (some of my friends were going !).   You can imagine their response (Italian ancestry)....    Joni Mitchell was my favorite - I did get to see her in NY in the early 70's though...   it made up for all the rest !
Always good thoughts,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Kaybo

« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2009, 08:13:32 pm »
should I mention that I wasn't even born yet in '69 - just a bun in the oven for 1/2 of that year!

::)
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2009, 12:00:12 am »
K,

Does this mean that THIS year is the big FOUR OH?

Did I miss a party posted here on the forum? ... Man I have been just to run off my feet with the family schedule -I somehow missed it... if there was.

So when was the celebration? Or were you a December Baby? You are not even a baby boomer... you ARE just a spring chicken. ;)

DHM :)
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Kaybo

« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2009, 09:30:13 am »
DHM~
No worries - you didn't miss it...I am a Spring Chic - the bid day is March 4th!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

moe

« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2009, 10:37:10 am »
Doc,
Good luck with all your appointments coming up. You've got a full plate....Keep pluggn. ;)
Great input and advice, DHM and Steve!
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Doc

« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2009, 10:49:45 am »
The Stitches finally came out of my eye this morning...what a relief...so far so good.

Other news:  I saw the Radiation Oncologist last Friday; we're going to start CK next month, after the 18th. Five treatments over five consecutive days...nothing really unusual about that.  The only surprise I got was the fact that there is still a 3 cm length of the original 4.7 cm Tumor on my brain stem...I had more of a de-bulking than a resection.  It makes sense; it was to big for CK to be effective before.  Also learned that my number 8 is severed.  The RO told me not to bother with a Baha it won't work...I called the Audiologist; they agreed and cancelled my appointment...no number 8, no Baha.  Oh well, I've been deaf in the left eye for more than a decade, the noise would only scare me now.  The RO did say, with conviction, that he really thinks my 7 will come back, not fully, but I will have eye lid function again some day.  He also mentioned that I'd probably not regain much feeling on the left side of my face however; number 5 took a real beating and is still surrounded by Tumor.

Anyway, that's the update!

Take Care!

;) "And I really can blink now that the stitches came out...I did it for the Doctor this morning...he laughed with excitement...I felt a tear stream from my left eye!

Doc

Update:  The first CK Treatment is scheduled for January 4th, 2010. 4th thru the 8th!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 08:32:07 pm by Doc B »

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2009, 10:28:34 pm »

;) "And I really can blink now that the stitches came out...I did it for the Doctor this morning...he laughed with excitement...I felt a tear stream from my left eye!

Wow blinking and tears?!? :o  I still have no tearing, n my AN side eye... not even with chopping onions or a sappy movie i. This is great news DOC! Yahoo! :)

DHM

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2009, 07:33:26 am »
Doc .....

So glad about the eye improvement following the stitches coming out ..... finally something is going right!!

Also, I'm glad you have your date to do the radiation ..... sooner is always better ..... waiting is not fun!

Continued best thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

moe

« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2009, 10:06:57 am »
Yea, DOC,
Some good news! I was keeping my fingers crossed...
Hopefully one step forward, one step forward...
Stay pos!
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty