Author Topic: Monday Weigh in  (Read 66833 times)

Battyp

Re: Monday Weigh in
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2006, 06:46:39 pm »
Deb are you saying if I throw a snake in my house I can find my true love?  HMMMM.....

Have lots of spiders but thankfully they stay outside in my garage.  Now if frogs came in I'd have to move.  Living in the country growing up we had our fair share of snakes in the house or pool.

Matti I'll applaude while I send you the star!

I walked the 1 mile loop in my neighborhood all by myself today!!!  YEAH for me.  I did my 30 mins on the treadmill at therapy too.  And so far have not attempted to make a  cake or look for cookies :o)  I'm trying..really I am!

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2006, 07:20:18 pm »
Yay, Batty--walkin' a mile---Good for you wench! ;D ;D ;D

How are you at practicin' the head turns while walkin'?  I hope you believe me when I say it gets WAY WAY better with time--so you hardly noctice it a lot of the time. Get yer butt out ther and do that EVERY day!!!!!!!  8)

Say--where was the post from that young man with the brother who had an AN that posted in not so good English--He posted in a weird place and I can't find it.

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2006, 07:59:31 pm »
I want to join you all for this one too. I have put on at least ten pounds since surgery and have been struggling to get it back off. I have been trying to convince me to go walking everyday but I still feel afraid. I weigh in at 120 now...I know thats not a lot but I am only 5 feet tall so the extra ten pounds means all my clothes are uncomfortable.
Can you hear me chanting....Lose those pounds, lose those pounds and NO, NO, NO to cookies!!! ;)
2.5cm x 3.1cm facial nerve neuroma
removed 8-2-2005(retrosigmoid)
St.Johns Hospital-Springfield,Illinois
Dr.Michael McIlhany and Dr.Carol Bauer
Wait n' watch mode for 8 years.
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.

Battyp

« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2006, 09:25:35 pm »
the screen name is kill_bill but wanted to change is email address so I don't know.

Wind I'd kill to be 120!  I'm only 5'4" but have considerably more weight on you and nothing fits!  I have tried to go close shopping and nothing fits..it's so depressing!

Deb I did my head turns and I did pretty good.  I only stumbled about 3 or 4 times during my walk from getting off balance.  I do better turning my head to the right it's the left that throws me.  Will continue especially now that the weather is so nice.  Not too hot not too cold, just right!

By July I won't want to go outside except in the morning to swim in the pool which will be considered bath water it will be so warm!  AHHH the joys of no seasons  in Fl  lol

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2006, 10:01:38 pm »
My sweetie's nickname is Spiderman or Spidey, because they freak me out.  This was a big one for this part of the country, probably about 3" or so.  I could not live in Texas or anywhere in the south where they have the big ones.  Snakes are OK, I can handle my own snakes.  The only living thing that freaks me out is spiders.   

I really need to lose 10 before my vacation so that I can fit into my summer stuff.  All in all, I'd like to lose about 30, but figure I can deal with that after surgery.  Today I did well, other than having an anxiety riddled day, had one See's lolly in honor of Phyl, but that was the only bad food, and it's not really bad.  It was made easier because I stayed home today, and I don't have bad stuff here, as just knew I was in no state to try and do a Monday at work.

3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2006, 06:19:59 am »
See's lolly's rock and they are coming to the office with me this morning!!!!!! :)  gawd luffs ya hun! :)  As for that extra-legged house guest...

*looks for Capt'n Deb*

Kill it, Kill it, Kill it real good!
Zap it, Zap it, Zap it dead!

BTW, official weigh in for me yesterday am was 151.5 lbs... so, in 2 weeks, down approx 3.5-4lbs... I'll take it! :)

You all can do it!  Believe in it, mental control and go for it! I'm here with ya! :)

xoxo
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Battyp

« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2006, 07:22:24 am »
My walk must of worked as IT MOVED, IT MOVED!!  The scale moved 2 clicks to the left this morning!

Hopefully it will keep doing that :P

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2006, 09:36:10 am »
batty, do you know just how proud I am of you???????????????   :-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Battyp

« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2006, 01:32:18 pm »
I did a mile at therapy in 25 mins with hills!  YEAH...of course i'm now ready for my afternoon nap but...I am slowly very slowly getting there!

matti

« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2006, 02:05:34 pm »
Good work Batty!  ;D ;D ;D    Enjoy your well earned nap

I am heading out for a long walk, hoping to dodge the rain drops. :(

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2006, 02:35:33 pm »
the pride I have in you 2 (batty/matti) cannot be properly expressed in written words!

PHONE CALL! :)

xoox

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2006, 12:29:19 pm »
OK wenches, I've gone and done it!!! Inspired by La Pearl, I went and got a personal trainer to make sure I dragged my wobbly a** to the gym 3 times a week.  I bought the super dee-lux personal trainer package and got this cutie hunk named Marshall to work with me.  Boy am I in trouble now!!

I also RAN a MILE on the treadmill NONSTOP!!!!!  Of course I was totally wasted the rest of the day, but I did it!!!

Would anyone be interested in doing a Mile walk club--sort of like the Monday weigh in only make a commitment to walk, run, skip, or wobble a mile every day or 5 or 4 or 3 times a week?
For those post-surgery who had their balance nerves "sacrificed" it is so essential for balance re-training to walk on a regular basis.  Especially doing the "bobble-head strut" I call it.

I'll start a walking thread if I can get a few of you interested.

Captain Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2006, 01:49:05 pm »
I would love to Deb, if I could get my foot to cooperate.  Went to the gym yesterday and did 30 minutes on the bike, walked a mile, then swam laps for 20 minutes...then sat in the hot tub.  My foot did not like the walk.  Luckily I have a therapy massage in a couple hours to work on my calves/feet.  Trying to get the last bit of plantar faciitis done with.  I will walk in your club if my foot lets me!  If not, I will try to do something else in it's place!  I now have 8 weeks to lose 10 lbs, and I need to get off my butt and do it.  The deep water aerobics class looked interesting last night! 
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2006, 01:25:51 am »
Capt Deb,

Does walking to the dunny (down under description of public convenience) count as part of the mile???? coz I do about that every day at work. I think i drink too much.

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Battyp

« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2006, 07:00:14 am »
Deb why is it you always have to one up me?   ;D I couldn't run a mile if my life depended on it.  I did try the other day and I died laughing.  I'd be willing to walk with you!  I try to do a mile every day...tried to do 3 miles but didn't make it as my time was up on the treadmill...I used to run, I used to be able to sit on the floor too  lol  :P