Author Topic: Does anyone know or have a cholesteatoma ?with their an  (Read 2566 times)

lmurray69

Does anyone know or have a cholesteatoma ?with their an
« on: May 04, 2006, 04:24:22 pm »
I have read  about this and it doesnt make sence to me.I have had 2 doctors tell me it is nothing to worry about. But all the medical write up says it should be removed..I also have a left side schwananoma on my ballance nerve but the cholesteatoma is above the tumor. And looks quite big is this right ..?
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

matti

Re: Does anyone know or have a cholesteatoma ?with their an
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 05:07:40 pm »
My aunt and my best friend both have cholesteatoma. They have both had surgery to go in and basically scape it out. Their surgeries were not anywhere near what an AN surgery is. My friend has had it done twice and both times she was home later that night. I remember her having a drain placed in the sight for a day or so, same with my Aunt. My friend had it since she was a teen and had her first surgery in her late 30's. She was having symptoms such as double vision and slight hearing loss.
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

lmurray69

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 08:00:28 pm »
All I know is what i have read. And what the DR tell me ..If it is left in it can grow and cause bone decay..Mine is about 2cm right now.They found it about 6 months ago.I thought the ent was to remove it when he went in  in febuary but only graft on the ear drum where i had a hole..Never touched the cholesteatoma ..or the An Mine is on my ballance nerve..I have sever headaches, dizzyness, and memory problems.
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

cookiesecond

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 08:26:44 pm »
Which side is the AN on?
Lynn