Author Topic: Monday Weigh in  (Read 66964 times)

Battyp

Re: Monday Weigh in
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2006, 10:03:48 am »
Tom is onebadass 350bird.  He's post AN.

I can't have caffiene so better not take those pills  lol

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2006, 10:24:35 am »
Thanks for the comiserating comments about the plantar faciitis.  I've been dealing with it off and on for a year now and it's been really bad since December.  I'm doing all the right things, but having it hurt with every step is really wearing me out.  I'm going to a massage therapist for an hour next week and all she's going to do is work on my feet/legs.  I'm hoping a few rounds of that will fix this last bit of it.  I'm already working on mom and the boyfriend to stretch my feet post surgery before I'm walking much.  So I'm going tomorrow morning to swim for the first time in ages, hopefully I won't sink!!!  :)
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2006, 10:54:52 am »
Wow--a salty swashbuckler named badass!  How appropo! Welcome aboard badass!  Watchout for the wenches--some of them pinch!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2006, 11:18:07 am »
Kathleen have you tried a slant board?  Basically it's a board on a slant (go figure eh?  lol) which you stand on daily for about 3 mins to stretch your tendon?  It does help correct the problem another option would be to take a towel while you're watching tv and loop it around your foot keeping your foot pulled forward to stretch the tendon.  No one seems to understand it's hard to walk as each step is so painful!  I'm doing light therapy at rehab for my feet.  It does help believe it or not! 

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2006, 12:28:34 pm »
I don't do either of those, but try to make a point of stopping and stretching both my hamstring and achilles everytime I go up and down my stairs.  I do have a rocker thingy that you're supposed to stand on to stretch them, but I usually just do the stairs.

The massage gal worked on my achilles this week for a bout 5 minutes and it was  heaven!!!!!!!!  I called at her regular office and asked for an hour.  I can't wait!!!!!!!!

Battyp

« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2006, 04:04:54 pm »
I'v been trying to get a tendon rocker for home but as yet haven't gotten one.  My pt person was suppose to order it ages ago.  I don't have any stairs to use.  I bet that massage was heavan.  I get one about once a week at PT if I complain to the right person lol

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2006, 09:33:41 am »
OK WENCHES!
It's Monday--time to break yer scales. I gained a pound from the three huge Hershey's Extra Dark that Dr. Love bought and tried to hide from me.  I can sniff out a hidden choccie bar anywhere. He said he bought them cuz they were on sale.  He can't resist a good bargain.
No choccie bars this week I promise!!!
Also I didn't make it to the gym all week cuz I've been working on a new painting and don't want to lose my train of thought about it.  I am going to go tomorrow, though--please kick my butt if I don't!

Moo-moo!
Captain Deb 8)

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2006, 09:35:59 am »
I was so psyched to tell you all I was down a pound for the last 3-4 days, but I had a steak last night and it stayed in my gut like a rock and I'm now the same as I was.  I think I'm using Sunday's weigh in!!!!!!!!  Otherwise, I've been pretty good!  Yea!!!

Battyp

« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2006, 04:58:13 pm »
I've been doing strenuous and I mean it when I say STRENUOUS excercises for 3 weeks now and have not lost a pound!   >:(This was suppose to be my last week at therapy but...they told me that I still had vestibular therapy needed so they won't release me >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I've had it!  I'm going to the hunk hold and there I shall say until I'm all rehabilitated! :P :P :P :P :P :P

matti

« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2006, 06:22:17 pm »
I'm sorry BattyP.  :(

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2006, 07:38:43 pm »
Let us know if you need more batteries :(

I have high hopes for tomorrow.  I ate pretty well today...Total w/strawberries for brekkie and a yogurt, chef's salad for lunch, an apple and popcorn for snack, and a Jamba Juice low cal smoothie with energy boost for dinner.  I managed to stay away from the snack machine and just had a SF hot chocolate.  Need the steak weight off.  I need to lose a pound a week for the next 10!

Battyp

« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2006, 09:08:38 pm »
I suggest green tea and walking!  That will take it off.  only it's not working for my this time.  Then again I'v not be drinking tea in the am as it's too hot to want a hot drink  lol

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2006, 04:52:47 am »
UPDATE 1 DAY LATE:

Ok, weighed in this am... now, I've been eating well all week, did my workouts at the gym and trying to keep some carbs loaded (but healthy) to keep energy going, PLUS, time o' month as of last Friday.

Last monday weigh in:  155 lbs
Today:  153.5 lbs

Loss: 1.5 lbs

I'll take it in light of the crap going on! :)

Hang tough all... you can do it! :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Battyp

« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2006, 06:56:38 am »
YEAH>>>maybe I need to switch to your trainer?  Is it a he? Is he hot?  Hmmm....maybe I need a greek god honey cracking the whip....lol

Keep up the great work phyl!

cyber choccies for you! ;D :-* ;D

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2006, 04:26:48 pm »
OK Wenches, I am W  I  P   E  D     O   U   T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to the gym, Lowe's for hand cleaner and paint thinner, then did a major grocery shop. I feel like I just got offa Mantu at Busch Gardens!  Had to get a cute bagger to put the groceries in the car.  Three years and I still get absolutely wonky-headed in a grocery store.  Our little mountain town has doubled in population in the past 10 years, so the  traffic is usually horrendous on these little twisty roads . I am done for the day.

I'm tired of paying $4.00 for one of those little bags of eat and pour salad, so I bought 3 kinds of lettuce, raddichio, arugula, spinach, carrots, and red cabbage, cleaned it all, tore the lettuce and whacked up the rest and made a huge bin of ready to eat salad for Dr. Love's and my weight loss get-fit program.  I love salads, but they are a pain, particularly when I'm working and want something easy to fix. Throw it in a bowl, throw in some cooked chicken and voila! really nice lo-cal lunch or dinner. But now I am WIPED OUT!

Catchya lata
Capt Deb 8)