Author Topic: Stoneaxe's Update  (Read 46968 times)

Seal

Re: Stoneaxe's Update
« Reply #225 on: October 20, 2009, 06:04:01 pm »
Hi Bob,

Glad to hear that you are making some progress and that McKenna is following up with you.     I'm sure it has its frustrating moments, but you seem to be thriving despite the issues.     Hopefully he gave you more info on what will come over the winter months as the nerves continue to heal.    Nerves are funny things as they reconnect and heal.    Weird pains that come and go, and sensations that were never there before.    Oh well, at least we are all here to compare notes!!     That is a great pic by the way.   I spent a week of my honeymoon at Kanaha about 15 years ago with my understanding wife.    The only reason she let me windsurf every day that week was because I had arranged for her to take lessons from a local guy who had the body of Greek god, shoulder length hair, and the face of Fabio!    She never minded me getting on the board as she trotted off to her "windsurfing lesson" !!!!    ;D ;D ;D

Keep it going!

Steve
Diagnosed 1/14/09 - 2.4cm AN right side --- about 70% cycstic
Retrosigmoid wiih McKenna & Barker - total removal successful on April 13th. 
Issues: balance, facial & mouth numbness, hearing loss right side
Results:   numbness gone, balance is good, SSD right side. Great results.

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #226 on: October 22, 2009, 12:36:56 pm »
Phyl...can't wait for Sunday...already have the Pats game set to record... ;D

Cheryl ...thanks...and happy to hear you'll be trying it out. You can paddle anywhere there is water...even the Hudson. Seapaddle NYC is a huge event...paddle around Manhattan for autism awareness. I couldn't do it this year but very likely next year.

Seal...small world...sounds like Giampalo Cammarota...if it was a very funny italian guy that's him. My brother knows him well and I've met him a couple of times. It was one of his online videos that first got me interested in SUP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reSSURXJCJQ
Now that I think of it...not sure GC has been on Maui that long....but he does give windsurf lessons there.....and looks something like Fabio if you squint... ;)
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #227 on: October 22, 2009, 12:49:03 pm »
Phyl...can't wait for Sunday...already have the Pats game set to record... ;D

what are you doing indoors and online on a day like today  :o  :o ... where its absolutely gorgeous out and you should be catching some waves? :)

See ya Sunday... and FYI.... this weekend, UK change their clocks for the season, hence, on Sunday, will be a 6 hr time difference to the "good" coast!  Make sure the VCR/DVR is recording accordingly! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2010, 11:04:44 pm »
Been a long time since my last update. Lots happening. I'm pretty much back to normal. My face is back to its normal ugly mug. If anything there is a slight tightening on the AN side. Not absolutely symmetrical but close enough that its hardly noticeable. Some synkineses...when I eat my left eye tears and my nose starts to run...have to eat with an extra napkin. No headaches still...couple of normal ones is about it in the last few months. Very rare to have any wonky head. If it happens at all its usually accompamying a head cold. I do notice that my surfing has suffered a bit. I think that's because my balance was better pre-surgery except that i would occasionally lose it completely. That doesn't happen anymore but its not as good as it was before when it was good....if that makes sense... ;D
Back to work...very happy about that...being productive is important. I have a ton of things to catch up on. Finally starting to get back in shape...joined a gym, working out at least 3-4 times/week, surfed for 5 hours today in rough conditions and big waves....sore tonight but its a good sore.
Hard at work planning CCBC #3...going to be BIG this year...we're hoping to raise $100,000...setting our sights high. Can't wait to paddle this year. Going to be as meaningful to me as the 1st year to step ashore.

I just read through all the responses in this post. What a wonderful caring community. I couldn't have done this without all the wondeful support. My best wishes to all of you...hope you all realize your dreams.
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org

moe

« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2010, 11:37:51 pm »
Great update!
congrats on getting on with your life :)
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #230 on: March 02, 2010, 08:50:10 am »
Another good report!! Bravo, Bob!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Keri

« Reply #231 on: March 04, 2010, 11:31:32 pm »
So glad you're gearing up and planning for CCBC #3. I felt so bad for you when you couldn't do it last year. I wanted to say some 'mom' thing like... well there will be next year. And now it's happening! YAY!
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!