Author Topic: This Week 2/28 “2010” in the AN World  (Read 5760 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 2/28 “2010” in the AN World
« on: February 28, 2010, 05:34:59 pm »
We still have a number of people for which we have no updates: 20acrewoods’ husband, Marla, CF (CF), and Adam (gte025u).

We hope that you are now on the road to recovery.

Thank you, Jan (leapyrtwins), and Denise (Denise S) for you help with Char (char1957), and Kevin (Amplified2000).

Char (char1957) we are glad you had a successful surgery on 2/8, and that the facial paralysis you are having is not expected to last.

Tod (Tod) sorry to read that your 2/12 retrosigmoid and tranlab surgical approach to evict Bob took 32 hours.  We are happy that you are back home finally after two weeks, and hope that your speech therapy is 100% successful.

Joyce (Jeepers) it was nice to read that your BAHA Gotcha Day went as planned.

Congratulations to our new Posties, and the latest member of the BAHA Club.  Continued success, and speedy recoveries to you all.

Erin (epc1970) we hope that the scan on Monday shows that sliver of AN left behind has shrunk, if it has disappeared completely that would be terrific.

Also on Monday (venice68) is having AN surgery at NYU.

Kevin (Amplified2000) is back on the AN Calendar for surgery on Wednesday at HEI.

Our thoughts and prayers for an excellent scan, and successful surgeries this week, for those recovering, and for Cheryl’s (Cheryl R) husband who broke his hip, and Kathy (Kathy M) who continues to battle AN incision infections and breast cancer.

Happy Birthday K (Kaybo), one of our most valued Hero Members, as you celebrate your 40th.

Happy Anniversary Jan (leapyrtwins) as you celebrate 2 years since your BAHA surgery, and Ernie (EJTampa) on your 1 year celebration since surgery.

We hope you all have a nice week,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: This Week 2/28 “2010” in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 04:01:27 pm »
Rich ~

Thanks for the informative weekly update!  My very best thoughts go out to Erin for a satisfactory MRI report (shrinkage, or at least, stability) and of course my best to this week's surgery patients.  We'll be rooting for you!

Happy Birthday to our indispensable, still-youthful Kaybo - and happy BAHA anniversary to our intrepid Jan as she begins another year with her BAHA which has not only been a great benefit to her but her positive experience with it has motivated Jan to be not only a staunch advocate for those seeking a BAHA but an excellent source of information on most things BAHA-related.  My congratulations to Ernie on his one-year surgery anniversary, a momentous occasion for all AN surgery patients.  As always, I wish all of our recovering members a swift, uncomplicated recuperation. 

Rich, Tina and I are looking forward to seeing you and Scarlett again at the April 18th ANA N.E. Discussion Forum brunch in Worcester, Massachusetts, less than 6 weeks away!.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

epc1970

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 05:03:46 pm »
Thank you Rich and Jim for the words of support!
Had the test today and hope to have the results tomorrow afternoon or Wed a.m. at the latest. I will be sure to let you all know what they are once I find out. I, of course,tried to read the techs face and get any bit of info out of her but....nothing, of course. If I knew how to measure these things, I would have grabbed my films and ran ;D. My prayers and thoughts to all who are just starting recovery or those about to embark on treatment this week.
Erin

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 08:02:48 am »
Best of luck to Erin, Kevin, and venice.  Also Kathy M and Cheryl R's husband.  Prayers all around.

A very happy birthday to Kaybo  :-*  Remember Kay, 40 is YOUNG - you could be old like Lori or me  ;D  Don't forget to look in your profile on 3/4 for the slice of cake with a candle in it - I just LOVE that feature!

I'm thrilled to celebrating my 2nd BAHA anniversary and am looking forward to my BP100 - if it EVER gets here!!!  In honor of this remarkable day I'm going to make a donation to the ANA in my doc's honor.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Keri

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 09:36:19 am »
Thank you, Rich!

Congrats to Jan and Ernie on your anniversaries! Jan, you've been such a help to many, esp in all the BAHA knowledge. Ernie - it's always been great to hear about your progress and recovery.

Kay - 40 is young!! Happy Birthday!! Have a great week!

Although my 1 year anniversary and MRI follow up was the end of January, I just had my follow up appt with my doctor last Friday. All was clear!

To everyone recovering - I hope all goes well and you slowly but surely keep getting better. To those awaiting surgeries and treatment - our prayers and thoughts are with you.

Have a good week!
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

epc1970

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 11:00:56 am »
Hi All
I am happy to report that my remaining "sliver" is holding steady with no growth!
Erin

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 11:35:46 am »
40 is the new 25!  ;D  Since I just had my birthday yesterday, 40 is looking younger and younger to me. 

Sue in Vancouver, USA

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 02:30:35 pm »
Hi All
I am happy to report that my remaining "sliver" is holding steady with no growth!

Erin ~

Prayers are answered...congratulations on the good news!  Incidentally, Tina and I will be pleased to offer your our congratulations in person at the ANA N.E. Discussion Forum brunch on Sunday, April 18, in Worcester, Massachusetts.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
    • mytooma - the acoustic neuroma blog
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 03:55:08 pm »
Thanks for the post! I've been gone from here for the past 6 months and after 1 simple post I feel all caught up!

;D

epc1970

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 06:36:14 pm »
Jim
I am so looking forward to the offical congrats in person at the brunch! I am also looking forward to no more scans for 18 months!!!! You and Tina have been so wonderful to me-thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Erin

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 07:33:55 am »
Scottie -

good to see you back.

Going to stick around??

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sues1953

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 07:49:46 am »
Thanks Rich,

I really enjoy the updates, the support here is amazing!  Happy /birthday Kabo  ;D, your just a baby!  Happy anniversary to those of you with mile marks to celebrate.  My prayers go out to those in recovery  :-*

Sue in Michigan
3.2 cm AN Right side diagnosed 12/4/09
Translab surgery May 2010 with Dr. Jack Kartush and Daniel Pieper at Michigan Ear Institute.
Successful surgery .5mm left on facial nerve.  Full facial movement. SSD, Tinnitis, tongue and lip numbness.  No headaches.  Back to living life.

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 09:56:57 am »
Yeah, I think I'll stick around for awile. God willing.   ;D

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 09:26:28 pm »
Yeah, I think I'll stick around for awile. God willing.   ;D

Cool  8)

How's the book coming?

Jan

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 12:45:40 pm »
Ah... The good ole book. I still love the idea, but I think we need someone with some more knowledge of organizing something like this. I just couldn't seem to pull it off!     :(