Author Topic: ANA Discussion Forum Apple Dumplin Gang brunch Oct 25, 2009 in Worcester MA  (Read 31503 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: ANA Discussion Forum Apple Dumplin Gang brunch Oct 25, 2009 in Worcester MA
« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2009, 02:13:21 pm »
Rich ~

Thanks for the excellent photos taken at the ANA Northeast Discussion Group brunch last month!  They capture the spirit and camaraderie that was present as well as giving folks who couldn't be there a glimpse of how it looked and a chance to view a few of us 'in action'.  Of course, my 'action' mainly consisted of talking and eating but I did get to meet quite a few folks, including you and Scarlett.  I think I would have needed all day to talk with everyone but Tina got to visit with a few folks and they apparently found her company to be quite pleasant,  just as I do.  ;)  Thanks again for recording the event in photos and taking the time to post them here. 

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2009, 04:37:30 pm »
I must say that this is a great looking group of people!  I may have to make a special trip to Boston for the next one!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2009, 11:11:08 pm »
Thanks everyone, you can’t have enough photos ;D ;D

Phyl, I loved your photos too.  The hugglez were every where ;)

Jim, I could not agree more.  The sharing of support and information was so warming, it couldn’t help but come through in the photos.  It’s no wonder the Apple Dumplin’ Gang keeps growing.

See you all in April 8)

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2009, 06:57:12 am »
Hey Phyl, you are my type of gal....you get around  ::)

yeah, well kinda ;)  :-*

Rich, you can be official Apple Dumplin' Brunch Paparazzi at the next  one... whatta thunk? ;)  (possible new sig line? ;) )
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

LisaP

« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2009, 06:42:33 pm »
Hi Rich,

Just saw the pictures, thanks for sharing, see every one in April.

Lisa ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2009, 08:25:14 pm »
I finally got a chance to look through the pictures and man, does it look like everyone had a good time!  I've got the April date on my calendar and I can't imagine anything could keep me away!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

lholl36233

« Reply #141 on: November 19, 2009, 12:11:15 pm »
As a result of this wonderful brunch, my mother wants to have my sister's 40th birthday party at Maxwell Silvermans.  Don't you love it?
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #142 on: November 19, 2009, 01:46:22 pm »
As a result of this wonderful brunch, my mother wants to have my sister's 40th birthday party at Maxwell Silvermans.  Don't you love it?

Yes!  I hope she can do it - and ensure your sister a memorable 40th birthday bash.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #143 on: November 19, 2009, 03:42:54 pm »

Yes... I do.. and I'm sure our host Bill and our fave chef Gil (my Brazilian Nut!) will appreciate as well!  Have a terrific time!

(My 40th... on a cruise ship, middle of the Atlantic..... don't remember a thang! ;) )
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"