Author Topic: Spam...  (Read 7527 times)

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
Re: Spam...
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 10:57:49 am »
yes
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 10:59:22 am »
Hi Sara

Users here have an option to "hide" their personal email addresses or not.  Suggestion is to hide it to help prevent spammers from accessing personal info.  If you click on my profile/name, you will see my email is "hidden".

Cheryl, when you view your own profile, you will see it. If your email address on your own profile is in Italics, then the email is "hidden".

Everyone can do the change (if you choose to "hide" your email address) by going to your profile, then down the left, choose "account info", then where you see your email address... just below it, chose to "hide" the address... and don't forget to "save changes" at the bottom of the page.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 11:01:36 am »
As you all know, we do not allow posting of personal info on the forums for your safety and I would recommend you hide your email addresses in your profile so others cannot capture it.  We are looking out for you all and these are recommendations to help secure your personal info on the site.

Phyl, I checked the box to hide my e-mail address from the public, but it still shows up. What else do I need to do?

Sara

Sara, you are all set... for me to check your profile for your email address, it shows as:

Summary - saralynn143  Picture/Text
Name:  saralynn143
Position:  Hero Member
Date Registered:  July 11, 2008, 09:31:24 AM
Last Active:  Today at 11:54:41 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSN:   
YIM:   
Email:  hidden 

all set! :)
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 11:40:53 am »
Thanks, Phyl. Just to be crystal clear, even though I see an envelope icon under my own avatar, nobody else can see it? And if I see an envelope icon for someone else, it is because they have not hidden their e-mail address?

It would be a lot less confusing if my own little envelope did not show up at all.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 01:57:17 pm »
Thanks, Phyl. Just to be crystal clear, even though I see an envelope icon under my own avatar, nobody else can see it? And if I see an envelope icon for someone else, it is because they have not hidden their e-mail address?

It would be a lot less confusing if my own little envelope did not show up at all.

Sara

correct. I can see the envelope icon for me, yet, my email is "hidden" and when I look at your post here... no envelope.

hope that helps!
Phyl

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 10:26:32 pm »
Personally I don't see any legitimate reason to hide my email address.  I have filters that filter out junk mail - plus email addresses are easy to get off of one of those public records sites anyway.  If someone really wants to find mine - or others - with a little searching in the right places, they'll find it.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 08:17:11 am »
I have 2 (more if you count work) email addresses.  I use my yahoo (free, junk, etc) email to sign up for forums and such.  I don't use my verizon email address for anything on the web :).

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.