Author Topic: Say "Cheeeeeeeeeesse!"  (Read 11261 times)

lori67

Re: Say "Cheeeeeeeeeesse!"
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 07:22:33 pm »
Tim,

I couldn't agree with you more!   ;D  Hope we get to meet you in Chicago! 

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Migoi

• Loving life as a hill dweller.
    • Migoi's Mumblings
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 07:57:04 pm »
Jean, good luck with your class pic tomorrow...not about you, you'll be fine. Look out for that kid in the second row, third over from the left...he has a mischevious look in his eye, he might be related to me. If so, you might be in trouble.

Lori, thank you. I look forward to meeting you in Chicago.

Jan, we shouldn't only put it on the AN calender...we should create an AN calender. Groups of us, keyed to either our birth month or our removal month, doing a seasonal type of activity.. the grouping wouldn't matter to me..they are both the same in my case. Any entrepenurial photographers out there want to run with this...go.

..take care.. tim b

« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 08:03:52 pm by Migoi »
Arkansas Support Group Leader
The wild places are where we began. When they are gone, so are we. - D.B.
AN's only affect the smartest, most interesting people in a population.
On a hill in Onda, AR
http://www.facebook.com/migoi

Kaybo

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 08:13:12 pm »
Jean~
I always dreaded picture day - especially before I had anything done to try to "help" my face and had ZERO movement at all!!  Just have a little grin that it's not that bad!!  & at Tim's relative!!  ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 07:48:39 am »
Ah, Tim.  Another troublemaker on the forum, huh?  ;) :D

Sounds like you'll fit in very nicely at the symposium with the JKL (Jan/Kay/Lori) comedy trio  ;D

Looking forward to meeting you in August.  Oh yea, drinks are on Steve!

Jean -

I am 100% confident you will look absolutely lovely in the class pictures.  You are much more than a smile - and I'm sure your students know that and appreciate it.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Migoi

• Migoi's Mumblings
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 08:01:34 am »
Jan,

My point of view is that I don't actually "make" trouble...just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways. I always seem to be about 1.5 standard deviations off the middle, just enough to attract notice, but not usually enough so that some one in charge decides I need to be "dealt with"... it's a pretty fun place to hang out.

I'm certainly looking forward to meeting in person all the folks I'm running into on these pages. Chicago might never be the same again.

..take care.. tim b
On a hill in Onda, AR

lori67

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 09:56:46 am »
Oh yeah, Tim...you'll fit right in!  People might not think you're anything less than completely normal around here!   :D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 03:14:15 pm »
My point of view is that I don't actually "make" trouble...just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways.

Damn, I wish I would have said that  ;D

Note to Lori - let's remember this quote when Phyl raps our knuckles again.

Okay back on topic.  Sorry, for the multiple hijacks, Phyl  :-*
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Migoi

• Migoi's Mumblings
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 03:23:37 pm »
I hereby transfer all copyrights for the above mentioned phrase in toto and perpetuity to Jan. Go forth and use it with great glee....

..take care.. tim b
On a hill in Onda, AR

Kaybo

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 06:35:34 pm »
Jan~
I think you should put that quote under your picture!! ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 08:43:33 pm »
Stellar idea, Kaybo  ;D

It is about time to change my profile message.

I might just do that!

Jan

lori67

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 09:26:10 pm »
Ok Tim, what gets transferred to me?  I'm much nicer than Jan, you know....   ;)

Have a private jet you're not using?  A beach front house in Jamaica?  I'm not picky.

Lori

Migoi

• Migoi's Mumblings
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 09:39:32 pm »
Lori,
  I've still got a bunch of downed branches over behind the barn left from the January ice storm...you're more than welcome to them. Then there's the bird that keeps roosting on my truck mirror and leaving white streaks on it...I'd throw it in too.

Unfortunately, I seem to be all out of witty bon mots... I'll try to run my two remaining brain cells together tomorrow with enough force the spark up something for you...

You could go read my blog (the link is under my picture), rummage around and pick something out there...bargain basement prices and even a bigger discount just for you... use the secret code 'wonky world' during your escape.

..take care.. tim b
On a hill in Onda, AR

Kaybo

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2009, 06:57:43 am »
on't let them fool you, Tim, I am BY FAR the nicest & sweetest sister!! ::)

K
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2009, 07:02:17 am »
You know, Kay, you probably are  :-* 

I don't think I've been accused of being nice and sweet too many times in my life  ;)

Great response, Tim.  Interesting blog.

Lori, I'm sure can do something with those branches and that bird.  You're a very creative person.

Jan

lori67

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 02:29:08 pm »
Hmmm.... branches....nope, I think I have enough of those.  I do like birds but I prefer them to find their own home than to make one on my car.  I'll have to find the pictures I have from when I lived in VA - I left the garage door open one day - went in the next day and a mourning dove had built a nest on James' bike, which was hanging up - and laid eggs in there.  I couldn't close the garage door for weeks until they hatched and moved out.  Our house was on the market at the time and I had to make sure all the Realtors knew not to shut the garage door after they showed the house.  They all thought I was crazy, but I couldn't very well kick the little mama bird out!   :)

Off to check out the blog... but if you happen to remember that you do have an extra beach house, let me know.

Lori