Author Topic: weather changes affecting thoses with facial paralysis  (Read 2474 times)

Karen

weather changes affecting thoses with facial paralysis
« on: May 28, 2009, 06:19:08 pm »
How many of you have their face feel worse when the weather changes or is real humid?  I had the 12/7 done and that side of my faci is also numb.  But when the weather changes or is humid it feels worse and my ear  hurts too(around the ear).  It's been 5 years since my surgery and my face on that side still aches alot.  Has anybody got ideas what helps them                            when the weather changes?  Also the people that have had the 12/7, does the ear            hurt sometimes?  not inside the ear but around the ear,, expecially behind the ear?  Questions that nobody seems to have the answer for!!!  The doctors daid it was almost like my AN put some kind of poison out on the nerves!!!!   It was unusual of course!   Karen
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

Kaybo

Re: weather changes affecting thoses with facial paralysis
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 06:40:59 pm »
Karen~
I am the same as you in that I had the 12/7 and have no feeling on the AN side, but when I say I have NO FEELING - I can say that there is NUTHIN' going on over there!!  Sorry you have these pains!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 07:06:29 pm »
I am wondering if you might be having sinus pain? That's what I get when the weather changes. But maybe with all the changes to your nerves you feel the sinus pain elsewhere?

Just a thought.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 07:29:49 pm »
Karen,

I have a facial neuroma that was debulked almost 3 years ago.  I too have noticed how much more my face, ear and head bothers me when the weather changes.  Today has been terrible.  The pain in the ear is most bothersome.  For me I am sure it is partially from the fluid in my tube not draining properly.  This is the gift that keeps giving.  My Dr said unfortunately the debulking surgery caused a lot of scarring, which attributes to majority of my problems.  Mind you it was a different Dr who preformed the surgery.  He was not expecting to find a facial neuroma when he cut me open. 

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games