Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775179 times)

ScoobyDoo

• Budding scurvy pirate.
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #3105 on: February 23, 2009, 10:14:49 pm »
Arrr, I used to use the old bowlin' but now I'm told the figure-of-eight is better.  Well shiver me timbers.  Looks like I've got some readin' to do.  Nice to make your acquaintance, me Captain! I'd best get ship shape.  I see we're up to 208 pages so I'll grab a cup of java and start readin'.  It's not a 3-hour cruise, by any chance, is it?
Budding scurvy pirate.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #3106 on: February 24, 2009, 09:50:57 am »
Naaaar matey!  This be a 24/7 cruise! Aaaarrrr!! 

Capt Deb P-)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3107 on: February 24, 2009, 06:16:26 pm »
Can someone interpret what our Captain is saying, me no speaka da lingo!

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3108 on: February 24, 2009, 06:23:02 pm »
Can someone interpret what our Captain is saying, me no speaka da lingo!

Laz

It's illegal and as official Mod.. and cursed cruise director..... oh, just take a wild guess! :)  LOL!
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #3109 on: February 25, 2009, 01:51:31 pm »
Laz, I think she's talking about a "toke".  I'm not a mod/cruise director!!   ;)  Google that word!

My step-mom adopted a beautiful cat years and years ago now.  She was an adult cat and came with a beautiful and different name of Ganja.  We thought that unusual and interesting and didn't know, because we are not exactly in tune with the drug culture, that this was another name for marijuana.  By this time, it was too late to change it, and the cat remained Ganja.  I'm sure most of the people that knew my family hadn't a clue what it meant either, but we sure laughed about it when we all discovered what that word meant. And cringed a little, too, I think. :)

Sue in Vancouver USA

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ScoobyDoo

• Budding scurvy pirate.
« Reply #3110 on: February 25, 2009, 02:40:12 pm »
Laz, I think she's talking about a "toke".  I'm not a mod/cruise director!!   ;)  Google that word!
Hmmm, that got off topic a bit!  :D  I was mentioning about Steve knitting hats.  Here in Canada, we call them toques. 

Quote from: Captain Deb
AAAAARRRR Matey Doo!  The only toque-ing anyone does around here is this fella!
I think our beloved Captain thought I was talking about something different.  But, I was referring to a toque - as well call them up in the Great White North - a knitted hat!
Budding scurvy pirate.

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3111 on: February 25, 2009, 04:12:38 pm »
geesh,

Now we have Steve knitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what the hec - call those men in white coats for everyone - in particular that strange person who can't remember her title!!!!!!!!!!!

Laz
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #3112 on: February 25, 2009, 08:28:10 pm »
Well, we have Canadians, Australians, and Americans, and, on occasion, Europeans, chit chatting on here, so there is bound to be a difference in our slang terms, that's for sure.  And that's why this can get really amusing sometimes!  Love it!!   :)

Sue in Vancouver USA

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ScoobyDoo

• Budding scurvy pirate.
« Reply #3113 on: February 25, 2009, 09:12:09 pm »
Hmmm, I'm doing my requisite reading catch-up in order to join your cruise, and I must say I'm getting a bit concerned.  Far too much talk about greek gods and hunky guys for my taste!  Far too much!  If there's not going to be some hotties on board, then I can't join you.   >:(

And, either I've missed it or haven't read that far ahead .... but ... what does PBW stand for?  Pirates Be Wicked?  Please Be Wacky?  Pirate Boat Women (hmm, now it's sounding more interesting  :D)

So, as long as there's babes, where do I get my boarding pass?  :o ;D
Budding scurvy pirate.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3114 on: February 25, 2009, 10:27:19 pm »
I believe PBW stands for Princess Batty Wench, which if memory serves me is the name of the ship.

And, yes, Steve is knitting!  And doing a damn good job of it I must admit  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3115 on: February 25, 2009, 11:27:22 pm »
The Goode Ship Princess Batty Wench was aptly named by our dear Captain after one of our posters username which was Princess Batty.

Now Scooby, the rust bucket 'ere be filled with more wenches than scalleys so they kinda took over the process of Mathew being dumped in chocolate etc. (you may not have got to that stage yet).

Mind you, having met a number of the wenches and seen the photos I gotta say that our wenches "ARE RIGHT UP THERE". They make the Playboy bunnies look like old mutton.

We also have some champion wet t shirt winners so we don't need to look elswehere.

The view is damn good from the deck.

keep reading

Laz
Chronologer of the PBW

ScoobyDoo

• Budding scurvy pirate.
« Reply #3116 on: February 26, 2009, 06:38:36 am »
I agree that the view is quite fine from the deck!  I hadn't wanted to make that statement lest I find myself walking the plank.  It seems, however, my worry was for naught.  (I think the comment that we have some champion wet t-shirt winners gave it away.  ;))  Why, oh, why, do I always seem to arrive after the contest?   I notice that you neglected to say who the winners were.  Must have just slipped your mind.   I'll wait patiently for the list.   :)

Methinks I'll find a deck chair and stay for a spell!   Arrrrrr.  Shiver me timbers.
Budding scurvy pirate.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3117 on: February 26, 2009, 12:40:07 pm »
trust me... as the cursed cruise whateveryoucallit.... I didn't plan the all wench wet-shirt... BUT, I did plan the all-scurvy scallywags, come forth, on-deck wooden plank hauling contest!

*sits down on top o' barrel o' grog to watch the contest begin!*   ;D
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #3118 on: February 26, 2009, 01:32:06 pm »
Scooby-doo,
How do you do?
Welcome to our crazy crew!

We have males,
To "man" the sails,
And get us through storms and gales.

You never know,
Where we will go,
Best to just go with the flow!

Lot's of jokes,
With these here blokes,
And I'll tell you, that's no hoax.

So read away,
To pass the day,
And join our crew, hooray, hooray!

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Poet-Lorryette of the Goode Ship PBW.    Doesn't necessarily mean I'm a GOOD poet!   ;) ;D ;D

PS
This here be a CYBER-SHIP, so's we can be anything we want to be.  Kind of like what Garrison Keillor says about Lake Wobegon: "where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average."  ;)

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ScoobyDoo

• Budding scurvy pirate.
« Reply #3119 on: February 26, 2009, 02:19:46 pm »
Wow!  I've never had a poem written for me before.  I'm speechless!  Thank you!!!  I have baked a rather large batch of Scooby Snacks and dipped them in chocolate!

What a wacky bunch of nuts!  I mean that as a compliment.  I think I'll fit right in.  ;)

Hmmm, if the men are all good looking, I'd best be deleting my avatar photo else you'll find out the truth!  :-[

Now I just have to figure out what my job will be on the PBW!

Oh, and can someone show me to me bunk?  It's a might chilly up on deck at night.
Budding scurvy pirate.