Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775114 times)

Battyp

Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #210 on: March 16, 2006, 06:57:40 pm »
Yeah we're gonna have a party!
65er?  I'm 41...I didn't get my surprise party for my 40th due to the hurricane and it had to be cancelled, and I don't remember much but eatting ice cream in the dark for my 41st...gotta do something exciting for my 42nd!

No coffee for me..love the smell hate the taste.  I couldn't get over on just about every street corner in seattle there was a coffee shop.  We can have hot chocolate~  YUM

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #211 on: March 16, 2006, 07:35:01 pm »
Batt  P
Which Hurricane?  Maybe THAT'S whats wrong with us!!!!

I went through Hugo on St. Croix in my 200 year old stone house--a category 5 when it hit us. The roof of my house peeled off while I was in it. Hid in the shower stall with a bureau pushed in front and the sofa cushions over my head with 100 lb dog and kitty inside! :o

For years I attributed my hearing loss and "full" feeling in that ear to the loudness and low barometric pressure.

Enuff to make anyone a little crazy, eh!

Captain Deb 8)

"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Static

« Reply #212 on: March 16, 2006, 07:40:47 pm »
Hot chocolate.... I'm there!   I'm a 45er.
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #213 on: March 16, 2006, 09:26:40 pm »
Batty - 65er....1965.  You must be 1964.   No wonder you, matti and I are so nutty....we're all virgos, and I'm blonde to boot.  What a combo!

Static - you rock, the 5ers are the best.  My boyfriend is a 55er, and all the really standout people I've known were born in a 5 year.

Hot chocolate works....they've got that new specialty kind too.  I haven't tried it yet, I'm afraid of getting hooked and being bad, straying from my sugar free vanilla nonfats.

3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2006, 09:30:10 pm »
from the land of "cold as a witch's... yeah, you know the rest"... hot chocolate works for me! :D
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2006, 09:52:02 pm »
When we're done with Seattle and the cruise, I wanna go visit Phyl.  Fenway's on my list....have always wanted to go to B-town, but have not made it yet.  Hit Yankee stadium on 7/4/04...they played the Red Socks and we sat in a Socks area....they were cool with us being Mariners fans.  Would love to go see the Socks play the Yankees at Fenway!!! 

Hitch Matthew and the booth to the bowsprit, we're headed for THE harbour!!!!
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Battyp

« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2006, 10:30:52 pm »
I thought my ringing ears was due to the pressure changes from the hurricanes and thought it would pass when we were done running for our lives  lol  You know they came by so fast I don't remember their names..Ivan, Charlie, Florence I think?  Seems like I'm missing one. 

I remember the first time I turned on the tv after surgery (after 5 days in icu) all I could see was a big red circle...had no idea what they were talking about as I couldn't hear the tv and couldn't focus enough to read anything...it was Katrina.

Yes I was born in 64...

So first stop Seattle,
Next stop Bean Town?
Third stop down under?  oh I mean austraila?

Hey Phly I got four stars too does that mean I need posters anonymous too?   :P

Static

« Reply #217 on: March 17, 2006, 08:56:51 am »
Ok, so I thought you meant the er's as the years old you were LOL!  Must be all the static in my head that doesn't allow me to focus properly (sounds like a good excuse to me).  I was actually born in 60, which makes me a 45er as in years old LOL!  Am I still in?
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Battyp

« Reply #218 on: March 17, 2006, 08:59:37 am »
Static of course you are in..especially since you figured it out and clarified it for the rest of us  ;)

Kilroy1976

« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2006, 09:09:16 am »

I went through Hugo on St. Croix in my 200 year old stone house--a category 5 when it hit us. The roof of my house peeled off while I was in it. Hid in the shower stall with a bureau pushed in front and the sofa cushions over my head with 100 lb dog and kitty inside! :o

I knew a lady that was on St. Croix for Hugo and I saw her pictures. They looked more like the freaky tornado pictures than hurricane pictures, 2x4s punched through car tires, etc. Total devastation... that must have been terrifying.
1.8cm AN
Linac
December 13, 2005
Shands Hospital--University of Florida

Battyp

« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2006, 10:42:31 am »
Well I for one vote for NO Hurricanes during our cruise..Capt Deb can you see to that order please?   :P

matti

« Reply #221 on: March 17, 2006, 12:15:34 pm »
I am feeling old  >:(
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Kilroy1976

« Reply #222 on: March 17, 2006, 12:38:38 pm »
I have a semi-serious question that I'm going to post here. One, it'll give the thread a little legitimacy. Two, everyone on the board will see it and (I'm sure) answer me. And three, there are so many Senior Members lurking here that I'm sure I'll get qualilty answers.

Do any of you have any experience with a drug called Carbamazapine (sp?)? It's an epilepsy and bi-polar drug that my doctor wants me to take. Unfortunately, it's another "don't-stop-taking-me-or-I'll-kill-you" drug, and I don't want a repeat of the scenario that I had with Decadron. Help?
1.8cm AN
Linac
December 13, 2005
Shands Hospital--University of Florida

jamie

« Reply #223 on: March 17, 2006, 12:51:17 pm »
Do any of you have any experience with a drug called Carbamazapine (sp?)? It's an epilepsy and bi-polar drug that my doctor wants me to take. Unfortunately, it's another "don't-stop-taking-me-or-I'll-kill-you" drug, and I don't want a repeat of the scenario that I had with Decadron. Help?

It won't be like Decadron because it's more likely to make you drowsy rather than amp you up. The drug basically makes your brain cells less "excitable", so if you do get a script for it, perhaps you can share with some of the members on this thread. It's supposed to help with  neuralgia, so perhaps somebody here may have actually taken it if they had that problem. I doubt though that it will be as hairy as a steroid. I don't have experience with it as far as taking it, but I have gone through pharmacy tech schooling, oh yeah, and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night (just had to stay on point with the insanity here ;) ).
CyberKnife radiosurgery at Barrow Neurological Institute; 2.3 cm lower cranial nerve schwannoma

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #224 on: March 17, 2006, 01:25:21 pm »

I knew a lady that was on St. Croix for Hugo and I saw her pictures. They looked more like the freaky tornado pictures than hurricane pictures, 2x4s punched through car tires, etc. Total devastation... that must have been terrifying.

My Daddy moved there in 1968 and I sort of followed him down there--he was the island veterinarian.
And yes it was really terrifying, although not nearly as terrifying as having a hole drilled in my head big enuff to jam a tennis ball in!

Actually, it got me off the island and up here to study art (NC mountains) where I met the love of my life, Dr. Love.  Talk about making lemonade!

I had a 2x4 poke thru the 3/4 inch plywood ceiling of my house like a straw thru a McDonald's lid!
And it blew all the paint off my brand new truck and the vinyl bed liner, too. I never did find my washing machine.

Oh, well! It was time for a change anyhoo!
Capt. Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW