Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 770633 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2006, 02:33:27 pm »
LOL! Beavis and Butthead??? :D

Ok, I'm certainly ready for a Pina Colada with fancy umbrella and a "souvenier" glass for $10/each about now!

Cap't Stubing/matti... you sure you can drive this thing, even in daylight?  Velcro vests? Sounds great but do they have to be that tacky safety orange? I rather like mine to be paisley purple, thankyouverymuch!  Now, for on-board entertainment, should we show a slide show of our MRI's and play "Guess who's AN?" Thoughts? :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

matti

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2006, 08:25:09 pm »
Phyl - Re: my driving ability - depends on who you ask (just don't ask my husband). 

Oh heck ya, Purple, green, blue what ever color suits you. I was thinking something in the way of a gold lame (sp?).

Slide show sounds fantastic.

Still can't get that song out of my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have a great evening

matti

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2006, 08:33:31 pm »
OMG! Gold Lame! Oh, girl... I'm sooooo there! I've even got a tiara with bejangled jewels for the occassion!

Won't ask the spouse about your driving but have a feeling that velcro will come in handy! (j.k.) :)

Head MRI slide show and playing "Guess who's An"... a go!

Where's Jack Jones to sing the theme song for us?

(btw, I was just informed by my dad he's going on a cruise this Saturday... can you say "Phyl, just how jealous are you NOW????" )
*plunks head down on keyboard*

ow.  :'(
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Battyp

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2006, 10:07:45 am »
This is too funny...

yeah they still make the bedazzlers (or hey I saw the two ladies on amazing race from texas using one maybe they'll let us borrow theirs?)

I want pink velcro can we do that?

Matti I can't drive at night either...makes fri and sat nights very lonely  lol  Must find a date soon (and yeah "play" doctor sounds good about now  lol)

I think we should be doctor phil or oprah to send us on a cruise on them...that way they can pay for the 10.00 fruity drink glasses  lol

okiesandy

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2006, 11:20:22 am »

All,

Strange you should be talking about AN cruises. I think I already had mine. The month before I lost hearing in my AN ear and before I knew I had a AN, my husband and I went on a cruise. I was standing on the concret dock on Grand Caiman and started to get on the tender boat. I swear the concret dock moved and I almost fell down. I felt so strange when every one looked at me like I had been drinking. I finally realized it was the tender boat that moved not the dock.

Sandy
Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)

vjharris

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2006, 11:39:20 am »
Cruising must be the treatment of choice. My husband, kids and I also decided to go on a cruise when I was diagnosed last year. It certainly helped ease the worries about finding out you have a brain tumor...at least for that week.
(A smart travel agent would leave pamphlets in the neurosurgeon's waiting room...what a great way to drum up business!)
:>)
vjh
2.2x2.37 right side meningioma or acoustic neuroma
Gamma Knife Dec 5, 2006

matti

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2006, 01:26:29 pm »
Phyl - Hope you are having a great day, (despite the fact that your dad is setting sail without you).
 I had a little crush on Jack Jones. He had great hair!

Batttyprincess - Was it the screaming sisters from Texas? I had to mute them everytime they came on. I am a reality tv junkie.
Dr.Phil scares me a bit, I think we might have a better chance with Oprah.
I miss driving at night too!

Always nice to get a little lighthearted among such serious issues. Have a great day everyone!

matti
Life is great at 50

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2006, 01:58:16 pm »
*mumbles under breath about UK customer and not knowing how to forecast their business... dang-it!*

Ok, pink velcro works for me... Jack Jones did have the most gorgeous white hair on the ocean.... and sandy, I know the tenders, I know that dock (dad is picking me up Tortuga rum cake next week while he's there!)... trust me, it wasn't the dock.  VJH, gawd, I should be a travel agent and leave pamphlets in dr's office... anyone want in on this?

Ok, since we have our theme for the cruise, potential shows, color of lifejackets, velcro for all... the one thing we are now missing... cuisine! OMG, we need to have themed cuisine!  We could have the dining room serve up....um....... does anyone like ANchovies?  ANgelfood cakes are a must!  ;)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 02:00:12 pm by ppearl214 »

Static

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2006, 03:17:06 pm »
LOL!  You  guys are great, what a good laugh I got from this thread and I really needed it!  Count me in on the cruise, I would love to have some cANtaloupe and crANberry juice cocktail, what the hell, throw in a shot of something too, I look like I'm  drunk, I might as well be drunk! Hope you are all having a great day!!!!!! 8)
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2006, 03:47:29 pm »
well, Static, based on your post... heck, I say we make you the female Issac the bartender!  I'd like my martini please.... GreyGoose, double, straight up, shaken not stirred, extra olives please!  ;D  If that doesn't make me warble more than I already do... nothing will!

BTW, next round of drinks... gotta be a Cape Codder... you know, vodka and crANberry juice!

Battyp

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2006, 03:48:58 pm »
Matti I'm curious as to why you can't drive at night?  I can't either as I find I'm very bothered by the lights and feel very unsafe when it gets dark.   

Who's jack jones? 

Anyone wanting to volunteet to be doc?  lol  Could be fun   ;D

We shall have no moving tendar docks..not allowed.  Oprah it is...heck if she can give away cars surely she can give us a cruise!  I know we'd all be more appreciative than the car people  ;)

I need a new career, travel agent solicit doctors offices..hmmm..sounds like a plan.

Yes it was the screaming sisters from texas.  I didn't like the dentist from NC...I love reality tv too.  Tonight is survivor night.  I can't believe how young a lot of the contestants are on idol.  Pretty impressive seeing how I have no talent  lol

Cuisine:  anchoives, angelfood cake (no not together) cantalope (yum) and cranberry (and vodka?)  animal crackers, at this rate we're going to be the starving cruise line  lol

matti

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2006, 05:23:38 pm »
you are all making me laugh so hard!

As for cuisine..first night could be ItaliAN. Start with ANtipasto, next ANgelhair pasta with either ANdoullie sausage or ANchovies..

Second night... asiAN food  Yum! my favorite

How many nights are we planning?

Battyprincess - I am also bothered by the bright lights of oncoming cars and streetlights. Once the bright lights hit, my eye over dilates and feels like it loses focus. I see halos. Even if there is no traffic out, and I just need to go a few blocks, I feel unsure and unsafe. At my last opthamologist appt. he told me about some prescription drops that are supposed to keep the eye from dilating so much. Trying to remember the name.... ? They are used for Glaucoma patients. He told me to think about it and he would write me a prescription. was wondering if anyone else has problems after they get their eyes dilated by opthamologist/optometrist, it takes my AN eye nearly two days to get back to normal.

Because I can't drive at night, I have become addicted to reality tv (that's my excuse and I am sticking with it). Last week was a nightmare having 3 different reality shows on at once. Thank heavens for split screen. I kind of like the "geeky" couple on Amazing race. They are so in love.

welcome aboard the cruise Static, hope you make a good cosmo.

Life is great at 50

thecakes

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2006, 06:41:32 pm »
  The Love Boat wrecks at Gilligans Island.  I will be the professor.

Battyp

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2006, 10:16:38 pm »
wrecks?  OH NO MR BILL  lol  please tell me it's not the first island we come to ;D

The Food choices are def. picking up. 

Did we find someone to "play" doctor yet?  lol 

Thanks for the eye info matti.  The eye doctor said things were fine just needed time to heal but the few times I've driven at night I've been blind.  A car light hits me wrong and it's enough to lose my vision long enough to wreck or cause one.  Thankfully my son has his restricted and can drive at night.  he doesn't like it but is more scared of my driving than his  lol

Static

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2006, 07:55:42 am »
Heck, we can steer this ship at night, that's what computers are for, right?  LOL  I also have a hard time at night or in bright light.  Apparently the fact that I have a stigmatism and my eye color (which is blue) has something to do with all this according to my optometrist last time I saw him.  I have good driving glasses with magnetic removable dark clips for sunlight that I sometimes have to use in the dark.  I sort of HAVE to drive at night at times so I do what I gotta do while I can still do it!  If anyone hits it big, maybe we can all go out and get the new mercedes.  I hear it has some sort of new "night vision" like what is used by the army, etc. and it doesn't effect oncoming traffic.  You think Oprah will buy all of us one of those new cars? LOL 
I also read somewhere, can't remember where, typical, that these types of technology are being developed for senior drivers as well.  It's ashame that people who really need this kind of stuff probably won't be able to afford it.  Think we can get our insurance plans to cover this??? 
Don't forget the cANdy on the boat, dark chocolate is my fav.  As for the bartending, I can make anything if someone tells me what to mix.  I used to make some wicked iced teas....vodka, gin, rum, triple sec, orANge juice and pepsi, but that was many, many moons ago.  I think I'd be willing to try again!  Keep me posted!  8)
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right