Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775021 times)

lori67

Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #2580 on: May 15, 2008, 01:44:02 pm »
Hey, where's my hug?  I made fun of you too, Phyl... ;D

A 3 bedroom box... Hmmmm...that's going to be tough...I think my neighbors just got a new fridge - maybe they saved to box from that....

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2581 on: May 15, 2008, 01:48:13 pm »

*runs in, give lori hugz, runs back out before boss finds out that I'm not focused on international customer sales forecast as I should be....*
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2582 on: May 15, 2008, 03:32:21 pm »

Maybe she just likes me better today  :P
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #2583 on: May 15, 2008, 04:14:07 pm »
Jan, I should have figured that.. since you were kind enough to offer to let us stay at your place and cook all our meals.... :D

I just can't compete with that!
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2584 on: May 15, 2008, 05:32:25 pm »

First of all....The Moderators, live and in-person.  I love it!  Now playing at The Forum in beautiful downtown Cyberville, where the PBW calls home port.  Or maybe Phyl and the Moderators.  A little do-wop, maybe?  Or is it four part harmony a la Barber Shop Quartet style?  I think Laz has you guys as rockers.  Ear plugs in, ladies and gentlemen!  Jeez, I wish you guys really could sing...that would be so awesome!  :o ;D

The house across from me is up for sale.  Lovely 2 story house, friendly neighbors (me!) and lots of room for a family.  Of course you hafta live in Vancouver, WA, but, hey there are worse spots.   Like the Irawaddy Delta or earthquake prone China, for starters.  Anyway, the poor family across the street has to move to Austin Texas because that's where her hubby got a job. He had to find something else so they could get insurance for their little girl who has numerous health issues.  They used up their maximum alloted insurance at the other job.  I guess I never was aware that could happen.  Their little girl is so sweet. 

Hangin' in Southwest Washington,

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2585 on: May 15, 2008, 05:50:29 pm »
Sue, thats terrible about "using up all the health insurance. Thats one part of "the U.S" a lot of us down under don't want to see. Like surgeons getting $70K for an op and having to pay $1m in insurance for law suits. the numbers are all too big.

Oh and the friendly neighbour - well i reckon there wouldn't be any better than you Sue. You are awsome.

Anyway, onto a brighter note - hey girly, seeing that you are dealing with international sales, how about an international hug for the original 'ave a go at girly person, actuially, that should be two hugs!

On a sad note, looks like the receptionist at my wife's work has got an AN but she's not 100% - got all the symtpoms - looks like some local help is on the cards.

And its back to work for me too. - Try and sail on later today.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Kaybo

« Reply #2586 on: May 15, 2008, 08:13:48 pm »
Sue~
Please tell them that Austin is a GREAT place.  We lived there and LOVED it!!  I taught in Round Rock for 4 years and we owned a Christian bookstore.  My hubby would LOVE to move back there...I would too but this is home for me and we came back to help with my father that had Alzheimer's and are still here.  He passed away, but now I don't want to just leave my mom all alone(plus she is a HUGE help to me!!).

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #2587 on: May 15, 2008, 08:31:18 pm »
Sue -

How far are you from Fort Lewis?  A very close friend of mine and her husband just moved there last week.  They'll be there 3 years and they don't know anyone there. I'm sure that doesn't bother him since he's anti-social anyway, but she's not.   I should give you her number (as soon as she gives it to me, that is..).

Lori

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2588 on: May 15, 2008, 08:54:33 pm »
Hi,

I'm sure my neighbors will like Austin once they get used to it.  South Texas is a wee bit different from the Pacific Northwest.  My son has friends that moved there for her job.  She is a on-air reporter for KXAN tv there. 

Aww, gee, thanks Laz.  I am a nice neighbor.  We'll be watering her flowers while she is gone, as now it's heated up around here and we're having a freaking heat wave.

Ft. Lewis is between Olympia and Tacoma, I believe.  So, it's not near me.  We are part of the greater Portland Or/SW Washington area, and Ft. Lewis would be much closer to Seattle.  I hope she gets along okay

Four part harmony or three part harmony?  How many moderators do we have?  I think I added an extra one! ;)

Keep cool,

Sue in Vancouver, WA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2589 on: May 15, 2008, 10:51:10 pm »
Sue -

I really like "Phyl and the Moderators" - it has a nice ring to it. 

I could use nice neighbors - a few of mine are really nasty.  One of them really hates my 2 kids.  I'm hoping to sell my place to someone with 6 or 8 - in fact, I'm thinking of insisting on it.  Kind of like my goodbye gift to her  :D

Moving out of state would be cool, but there's this little thing called a job that currently pays my bills.  I can't just flee the state without employment.  I know Lori thinks I'm independently wealthy, but she's delusional at times (sorry, Lori)  ;D

Jan

Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2590 on: May 16, 2008, 12:56:24 am »
Yeah, Laz, I guess I'm pretty naive when it comes to insurance.  So I guess there is a cap on some of them or all of them for all I know and this little girl was born with problems and has surgeries often on her spine as she has scoliosis and she has other things going on, like oxygen sometimes, and a feeding tube and I don't know what all.  Her name is Madeline and she is 5 I think.  She's probably gone over the one million mark on the insurance. Her mother was life flighted to Portland from Medford in Southern Oregon to have her  because Madeline had cancer before she was even born.  Something strange like that and I think quite rare. That's about all I know.   Poor little tyke.  They have only lived here for a couple of years, if that, so they are going to take a beating on the sale of their house, too.  But, they have no choice, I guess.

I perused Austin on Google Earth awhile back.  Looks like a pretty city.

Have a great weekend everyone.  Laz, are we going to get this tub moving or what? ;D

Sue in vANcouver...USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2591 on: May 16, 2008, 05:52:58 am »

First of all....The Moderators, live and in-person.  I love it!  Now playing at The Forum in beautiful downtown Cyberville, where the PBW calls home port.  Or maybe Phyl and the Moderators.  A little do-wop, maybe?  Or is it four part harmony a la Barber Shop Quartet style?  I think Laz has you guys as rockers.  Ear plugs in, ladies and gentlemen!  Jeez, I wish you guys really could sing...that would be so awesome!  :o ;D

In this case, I'm so glad many of you have SSD.... all BAHA processors, Transears, etc, will need to be removed from thy body before this performance.... Trust me, you won't want to be wearing them.... LOL! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #2592 on: May 16, 2008, 06:43:52 am »
Phyl,
  The crew would not want to insult Phyl and the Moderators by removing their BAHAs and Transears.  But you'll never know if they have batteries in them.  ;)
Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2593 on: May 16, 2008, 10:43:31 am »
Great point, Rob  ;)

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #2594 on: May 17, 2008, 02:14:42 pm »
Okay, so no one will tell if I just point my right ear towards the stage and act like I am grooving to the tunes...?

Debbi (what??)
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com