Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775161 times)

lori67

Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #2565 on: May 14, 2008, 12:38:03 pm »
I can't wait to see the Moderator dance number that I've heard will be at the symposium too.

Sounds like a fun time!!  And if we're right in Jan's back yard - I say bbq at Jan's!!!  Do you have a pool by any chance?  Just wondering if I should pack a beach towel.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2566 on: May 14, 2008, 12:49:18 pm »
Well, what do we have going on here...our own American Idol and Dancing with the Stars?  Now Phyl, you just get yourself one of those sparkly little dance outfits and get those guys into some dance shoes,(well, they better wear more than that, howerver! ;D) and we might have something here.  They can do a Hello Dolly kind of thing, also.  Wow.....this might be fun!   ;) ;D ;D

Sue, hanging in Southwest Washington, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Kaybo

« Reply #2567 on: May 14, 2008, 02:26:30 pm »
Lori~
Jan is getting a new place...I bet it is going to be a MANSION - let's just all stay there.  Hey, I know, how about having the whole symposium at her house!!   ::)

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #2568 on: May 14, 2008, 02:45:36 pm »
K -

Great idea!  I've heard that Jan is independently wealthy anyway, so I'm sure she'll have plenty of room for all of us.

So lets see...we don't have to pay for airfare because Phyl will pick us up in the ANA jet, we can stay at Jan's and Steve is buying drinks.  Now, if we can just get Oprah to throw in a few of her favorite things, this could turn out to be the best vacation, er...symposium ever!  It's too bad Jan and the symposium can't move to Key West...

And I love the Dancing with the Stars idea... "Dancing with the AN-ers"....best be careful on those spins and twirls.  We'll have to cover the walls and floors with bubble wrap to avoid injuries.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2569 on: May 14, 2008, 03:35:33 pm »
Sorry gang, I can't sing and I never could dance but I was a radio D.J. and so I know that the fabulous Chuck Berry had the hit record of 'My Ding-A-Ling' back in 1972.  I remember playing it.  The song was a live recording from a concert that had been held in the U.K. that year.  It was somewhat controversial at the time.  'My Ding-A-Ling' was Chuck's only #1 hit in the USA, which is too bad, because 'My Ding-A-Ling' is really just a silly 'novelty' song that is basically a double entendre.  He wrote and performed better songs (he didn't write 'My Ding-A-Ling') that I hope he is remembered for.   FYI:  Check Berry is still with us.  He'll be 82 this year. 

My Ding-A-Ling-A-Ling

When I was a little biddy boy
My grandma bought me a cute little toy
Two Silver bells on a string
She told me it was my ding-a-ling-a-ling

My Ding-A-Ling My Ding-A-Ling won't you play with My Ding-A-Ling
My Ding-A-Ling My Ding-A-Ling won't you play with My Ding-A-Ling

When I was little boy In Grammar school
Always went by the very best rule
But Evertime the bell would ring
You'd catch me playing with my ding-a-ling

Once while climbing the garden wall,
Slipped and fell had a very bad fall
I fell so hard I heard birds sing,
But I held on to My ding-a-ling

Once while swimming cross turtle creek
Man them snappers right at my feet
Sure was hard swimming cross that thing
with both hands holding my dingaling

Now this here song it ain't so bad
Prettiest little song that you ever had
And those of you who will not sing
must be playing with your on Ding-a-ling
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2570 on: May 14, 2008, 04:08:29 pm »
Hate to break it to you Lori, but no pool  :(  Hell, I may not even have a house next year.   

As K mentioned, I'll be listing mine soon - part of the divorce agreement with my ex.  I just had a call from his realtor last evening - apparently he's dying to sell the place and put me and the kids out on the street.  Nothing short of brain surgery will get me out of this deadline :D

But I'm trying to look on the bright side.  At least I won't have a huge mortgage that I'm paying entirely by myself while he has the advantage of my good credit rating.

I may be living in a box - with two children - in August 2009.  Or maybe, since I'm independently wealthy, we'll all just take up permanent resident at the Drake Hotel.  That way we'll already be there when the symposium rolls around.  And that will fulfill K's wish to have the whole symposium at my "house" LOL  There is no pool at the Drake, but bring your beach towel anyway, Lori.  We can swim in the lake.

The more I think of the moderators providing the symposium entertainment, the more I like the idea.  Singing, dancing, fancy costumes.  One of us will have to contact the ANA and give them this great idea - I'm not too sure Phyl will be mentioning it to them anytime in the near future.

Jan E (for effort  ;D )

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #2571 on: May 14, 2008, 04:28:23 pm »
Jan, I'll make sure to bring my own box when we come out there so I have somewhere to stay on your street!

If you're interested, I know a lovely house in Nashville that will be on the market next year....I can even work in the AN discount... ;)

Lori

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2572 on: May 14, 2008, 04:47:59 pm »
The Good ship PBW has been sailing the seas for some time now and the crew are starting to get restless. Poor captain Deb has been struck down with the evil headache curse inflicted by one of her plunderin adventures gone astray. The cursed cruise director takes charge and gathers the crew to the deck.

"Listen 'ere ya poultry lookin sea farin, flea bitten scoundrels", it's time for some entertainment before ya strike at each other with the feather dusters (might be fun but).

"You are about to be entertained by the motliest band to ever hit a keyboard (do keyboards work without power?) anyway, introducing, wait for it,

THE MODERATORS
Wil this be the final straw for the crew? will they all jump overboard at the sound of Joef on the electric guitar without electricity, or Steve on the drums, Jim on base and the girly up front in her skimpy pop outfit?

Stay tuned to see if any crew remain.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2573 on: May 14, 2008, 06:47:43 pm »
um, Laz... this fat body can't do skimpy... try again! LOL!
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2574 on: May 14, 2008, 07:52:54 pm »
Jan, I'll make sure to bring my own box when we come out there so I have somewhere to stay on your street!

Thanks for the chuckle, Lori.  I know I can always count on you to crack me up - it's one of the many reasons I frequent this forum  ;D

I have to say that Laz's description of the entertainment has me laughing my head off.  Thanks to you, too, Laz.

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #2575 on: May 15, 2008, 09:40:32 am »
"The Moderators"  live and in person...

You know... if we sell tickets, we just might be able to make enough money for you to afford a 2 bedroom box, Jan!

Lori

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #2576 on: May 15, 2008, 11:41:16 am »
you all are pushing it a wee bit too far, you know that, right?  :D
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2577 on: May 15, 2008, 12:08:22 pm »
Actually I'll need a 3 bedroom box, Lori.  Kids can't share a room and I refuse to  :D  I do have some standards, you know!

Sorry, Phyl.  We just like to have fun with you because we like you so much - plus we know you can handle it.

You should consider yourself very lucky - we don't just tease anybody  ;)

Jan

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #2578 on: May 15, 2008, 12:16:40 pm »
*runs up to Jan and gives her big ole' tight bear hug!*

*sniff*

I wuvs you too hun!!!!!!!!!!!   :-*

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2579 on: May 15, 2008, 12:25:02 pm »
Right back at ya, Phyl  ;)