Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775210 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #2550 on: May 11, 2008, 05:52:20 am »
Oh ya...I am a child of the 50's 60's!

child of 60's here.... and it was the first song that came to mind when this discussion started!  :-X

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2551 on: May 11, 2008, 07:51:19 am »
Does it help, Phyl that I'm from NY and I have tons of relatives in the Boston area?  Once you get bitten by the Texas bug you can't ever leave...................I love it here.
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

lori67

« Reply #2552 on: May 11, 2008, 10:15:07 am »
And you guys yelled at me for getting the "Pina Colada song" stuck in your heads??

I can just hear my 5 year old now when she goes to school next week..."listen to the song Mommy was singing..."  I guess I can plan on a call from the teacher...

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2553 on: May 11, 2008, 12:37:22 pm »
STATIC!! You Rawk, as Phyl says.  THAT's the one that was creeping around the edges of me poor brain.  My Ding a ling!  Thank you!!!  Yep, late 1960's, some bar in Hawaii.  Maybe even Don Ho, for all I know.  Or Tommy Sands*, but I don't think so.  His show wasn't very raunchy, as I remember.   Now, I suppose I'll be singing THAT all day long.  Some songs gets stuck in there and won't come out for days on end.    I heard Osmond's Down by the Lazy River the other day and I even had a dream last night starring the Osmonds!  Now, THAT my friends, is taking a song in the head just a wee bit too far!  It was very weird. 

Sue in Vancouver

* Tommy Sands, for those of you who don't know him, was a cutie-patootie of another era.  He is most famous for being married briefly to Nancy Sinatra. He was a singer and did a few acting things I believe and lived in Hawaii and the powers that be talked him into doing a gig at the hotel across  the street from where Don Ho had his on-going show.  He lasted for awhile. 

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2554 on: May 11, 2008, 08:49:11 pm »
For those interested, we do have mothers day down under and I'm in deep doo doo coz I live in a different state to my mother and organised some flowers over the internet - and guess what, i think they tried sending the flowers through the broadband pipes coz they haven't arrived (its Monday here) - they are in for a right royal bolliking. They have definitely thrown the raw prawn this time.

as for the dinghy thingy and dinga lings - you are all loopy (especially or cursed cruise director, who has been confronted with the men in white coats on a number of times through our voyage.

Hope all you mums are having / had a wonderful mothers day.

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2555 on: May 13, 2008, 01:17:28 pm »
I was chatting with the lovely young lady who does my pedicures last week and we were talking about American holidays.  She is from Laos, I think. She said that they don't have Mother's Day there. I said, well, of course not, and doesn't America have too many holidays and special occasions? And she said we have a lot.  And I said, and because we aren't satisified with our own stuff, we take on holidays from other countries. Mardi Gras,  Cinco de Mayo, St. Patrick's Day, Chinese New Year, Octoberfest, etc.  We just scoop 'em all up, greedy guts that we are!  ;D :o  She laughed. 

Poor Laz's mum!  Hope her flowers got there, finally.

Hang in there, everyone.

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2556 on: May 13, 2008, 03:20:58 pm »
I'm thinking Laz should have asked Pooter to order the flowers  :D

Pooter's wife Jenni got flowers on Mother's Day even though Pooter was in the hospital recovering from his surgery.

Very impressive!

But IMO flowers - either early, late, or on time - are welcome no matter what!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2557 on: May 13, 2008, 05:16:42 pm »
We have loads of public holidays in OZ. Even, a day off for the melbourne Cup (a horse race) - quite incredible really but we take it much the same.

My mother did get the flowers a day late so i had a go at the florist coz they guaranteed delivery on the Sunday. they relented and gave me a credit. Alls well that ends well.

mmm best gets my thinking cap on so the PBW can move off its sandbank!

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Kaybo

« Reply #2558 on: May 13, 2008, 05:18:58 pm »
NOT a child of the 60's - NEVER heard that song and can't get it stuck in my head because I don't know the tune!!    :)

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #2559 on: May 13, 2008, 09:44:02 pm »
  K-

Remind Phyl to sing it to you in Chicago next year!   ;D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Kaybo

« Reply #2560 on: May 13, 2008, 09:52:16 pm »
Lori~
I just might do that!  I just got a free ticket (from all my Dr. travels) & if we haven't used them by then and if all you guys are going, I just might go too!!!!!!!!!!   I think we would have one heck of a time!!  :)

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2561 on: May 13, 2008, 10:23:47 pm »
A free ticket  :D

See, K, something good did come out of your latest medical extravaganza!

I am definitely going - it's right in my backyard - and it would be great to see you there.  We will have a heck of a time - guaranteed!

Plus, you definitely don't want to miss the opportunity to hear Phyl sing.  I hear she's quite good  ;)

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #2562 on: May 14, 2008, 05:39:34 am »
I ain't singing.... ain't gonna do it..... yet.... since many of you already have hearing issues.... well, maybe just one outta-tune showtune!  :D
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2563 on: May 14, 2008, 10:52:31 am »
Phyl -

rumor has it that you, Joef, Jim Scott, and Steve are all going to serenade us at the symposium.

Boy, if that's the case, I'm SO glad I wasn't asked to be a moderator  :D

Any truth to that rumor?

Jan

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #2564 on: May 14, 2008, 11:19:06 am »
Phyl -

rumor has it that you, Joef, Jim Scott, and Steve are all going to serenade us at the symposium.......Any truth to that rumor?

Jan

um, No!

("E" for Effort, Jan!)