Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775019 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #2505 on: April 30, 2008, 08:42:07 pm »
well, someone has to maintain the barrel o' chocolate that we tend to smear all over Matthew McConahey (or however he spells it)....    :P

Me thinks this thread should outshine the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, should it ever go to print! :D

Phyl

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2506 on: April 30, 2008, 08:45:24 pm »
Updated list then:

Captain - Deb
Cursed crusie director - Phyl  
Ship Lorryate - Sue
Drug dispenser - 16
Camera man - Satman
Chronologer - Laz
Reporter/Commentator - Mary
Rounder Upper of Little Pirates - Kaybo   (Really?  I didn't know we had little ones on board. Cap't Deb, I know you've haven't been around much.  Is there something you're not telling us? Have you been preggers all this time? :o )
Cruise Bartender - Static
Slacker - Lori       Oh Lori, you don't want to be the ship slacker do you?  There must be somethin else you can do.  You can always help clean up after the Parrot and the Puppy.  Call it Ship's Veterinarian, then it won't sound so bad!  ;) ;D  Or Keeper of the Chocolate, since Phyl mentioned that before I could get this on-line.

And a job for OMG16, too.  Is she gonna come back!  16, where are you?   
Anybody else?  Gots to get this crew in order sos we can get this tub underway.  Cap't did ya get your Cat o nine tails back from the cleaners?  Can't forget that.

Now we wait for Laz.  Remember, crew, our beloved Chronologer lives clean on the other side of the world, practically, from those of us in the US of A.  Whilst we sleep, Laz will be conjuring us up a grand adventure.  No pressure, Laz!

Sue in Vancouver

« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 08:51:40 pm by Sue »
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2507 on: April 30, 2008, 08:55:35 pm »
um, Sue... see your list noting 16 and drugs? ;)

Ok, we need an official ship's His-tor-iun.  There are many here that hold jobs on their sea fearin' vessel that ain't noted (me thought like matti, gennysmom, battywench herself, and more). So, a twue "His-tor-iun" needs to read back through this wholeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee entireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thread, jot down everyone's jobs, port o' calls, fights with sea monsters, how many times we have slathered Matthew in chocolate, how many times Capt'n has made anyone walk the plank..... the twue his-tory of this ship!

So, who's up for da job?  I'll toss in a few extra gamblin' chips for BAHA Bingo Night (yeah, I changed the name.....) for  the person with enough soul and energy to take on the task!  Anyone want it?

Naw, Laz is goofing off at work again.... I'll put a barrel o' rum on that one! ;)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #2508 on: April 30, 2008, 09:14:48 pm »
I'll be chief cook
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2509 on: April 30, 2008, 09:50:29 pm »
If Lori doesn't want the chocolate job - I'll take it  ;D

I am going to have to fight her for Johnny, though  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #2510 on: April 30, 2008, 09:57:40 pm »
The Official Roster of Duties
Captain - Deb
Cursed crusie director - Phyl 
Ship Lorryate - Sue
Drug dispenser - 16
Camera man - Satman
Chronologer - Laz
Reporter/Commentator - Mary
Rounder Upper of Little Pirates - Kaybo
Cruise Bartender - Static
Shiips Vet / Keeper of the Chocolate / Slacker / Comforter of the Hotties - Lori
Chief Cook - yardtick
Breeze Conjurer - Pooter...

And before anyone gets any ideas, I'm not volunteering to be Ship's HIS-storiun.  ;)

Pooter...
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2511 on: April 30, 2008, 11:01:55 pm »
I'm trying to find the webcam that Phyl has planted here watching me slack off , mm where is the begger? ??? ??? ???

Actually, better do some work or i'll get into biiiiig trouble. Spies all around me  must be a CIA plot or is it , is it, wait for it.....

nah couldn't be, yes it is, the good ship PBW has a spy on board.

Stay tuned, what does the CIA want with the good ship PBW? Where is Captain Deb (not under the deck with Dr Luurrrvvve), will we ever see 16 again? has 16 turned into 17? What is the CIA doing on board the good ship PBW, stay tuned.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #2512 on: April 30, 2008, 11:05:57 pm »
pooter, if you get the chance, read the first 10 pgs of the thread (I know, I know....)

Okay, I read the first 11.  How'd you go from using language like that back then to forum moderator? ;)  And, on what page did you go from "Cruise Director" to "Cursed Cruise Director" ?

Also, reading back to the beginning, I think we're missing some people on the list (unless between pages 11 and 165 they relinquished their jobs):

matti:  Head Chef
gennysmom:  First Mate
Mark:  purser
Kilroy:  bartender

Interesting read, the first 11 pages.  Perhaps I'll read the whole thread during at-home recovery time.

Pooter...
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #2513 on: April 30, 2008, 11:18:55 pm »
Pooter -

although it will feel like a Mac truck ran over you, trust me, you'll be fine  :)

A MACK TRUCK?!?! Is that supposed to be comforting? I was under the impression it was gonna be an Excursion or a Hummer, but a Mack Truck? ;)

Seriously, reality starting to set in now that Debbi's surgery is over.  It's not so much the surgery (the known), but the afterwards (the unknown).  I'm not good at the whole helpless thing.  ARGH!

Pooter...

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2514 on: May 01, 2008, 01:09:31 am »

um, Sue... see your list noting 16 and drugs? ;)

Ooops, that's what I get for cutting and pasting and not paying attention.  That darn AN.  That's the only good thing about having this is that we can blame everything on that now. 

So, OMG16 is head drug czar, and missing in action?  Hmmmmmm. And a spy may be on board.  Ooooo, this one's going to be fun! 

Okay, Laz, you write when you get your breaks, and I'm off to my little bed and dreamtime.

Laz, give us the address of your office and I'll look you up on Google Earth.  Love the Google Earth.  I was exploring Uruguay the other night.  Lovely beaches in Uruguay.

Ta!

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2515 on: May 01, 2008, 05:06:51 am »
Pooter,

I am the official reader of the PBW.  I stayed up one night (actually I couldn't sleep) and read from page one through page 104 in one sitting, so I was named official reader.

Wench, Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2516 on: May 01, 2008, 07:10:57 am »
Yeah, sorry, Pooter -

have to be honest with you - it's just my nature  :-[ - MACK truck it is.

But it's a fast Mack truck and it will pass soon.  Trust me, you'll be fine.

BTW, how did Lori get to be comforter of the hotties!  And she got keeper of the chocolate, too  ???

There may be a sword fight very soon  ;D

I'm definitely staying tuned to see if 16 turns into 17 - that sounds very exciting!!!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #2517 on: May 01, 2008, 07:42:52 am »
Sue,
  Great song.  The visuals of a bunch of tipsy ANers trying to dance a hat and cane number on a rolling deck made me laugh.
Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2518 on: May 01, 2008, 12:37:46 pm »
Thanks Rob.  I would like to think that my "song and dance number" would have been worthy of a Carol Burnett skit on her show.  I hope you all remember her. She's one of the best.

Sue in Vancouver USA

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

lori67

« Reply #2519 on: May 01, 2008, 01:13:19 pm »
Jan, sorry, but I may need the chocolate to help me comfort the hotties.  Occupational hazard, I guess....oh, the sacrifices I make....

But, do I really have to clean up after the pets????  That's too much like what I do around the house everyday.  Anyone see that commercial (I don't even know what it's for) where the lady says "My family is a bunch of animals.  My kids are pigs (and little pigs walk by) and my husband is a...(and a donkey walks by...)" - That's my family.

I don't have a problem with being the official slacker.  It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.  Besides, I don't have many other marketable skills.  And I thought you were supposed to relax on cruises anyway....

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.