Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775024 times)

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #2490 on: April 30, 2008, 02:00:53 pm »
Sue,

You are great!  I love the song and the story leading up to it.  You and Patch Adams!!

Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #2491 on: April 30, 2008, 02:04:23 pm »
*cancels all menu changes until OMG can catch up*  ROW OMG, ROW!  :)

Bravo Sue!  Very creative...  You really have a gift at the descriptive stuff. 

Pooter...
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

lori67

« Reply #2492 on: April 30, 2008, 02:25:31 pm »
I think Sue should be the official entertainment at the symposium....  We can charge admission to make money to cover our bar tabs and our cab rides to the Oprah show.

Hey, maybe she could even perform on Oprah!   ;D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2493 on: April 30, 2008, 02:29:49 pm »
I knew I came to the right place today looking for a way out of my bad mood ;D

Sue -

you've really outdone yourself this time.  Love the poem!!!

Capt Deb -

thanks for the very amusing posts about Pooter!

Pooter -

although it will feel like a Mac truck ran over you, trust me, you'll be fine  :)

and Lori -

yet another money-making idea!  We definitely have to go into business!  I'm ready to retire at an early age  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2494 on: April 30, 2008, 04:46:07 pm »
Thank you everyone for the kind words.   I thought I'd dust that one off, since it sort of fit into what was being discussed and I wrote that one a year and a half ago so there is a whole new audience to share this one with.  HOWEVER, I will not nor will I ever SING on Oprah! Wow, that'd be the end of her career in 30 seconds flat!  Wish I could.  In another life, I'm a song and dance gal.  Not this one, sorry to say.  However, on the Princess Batty Wench, Sue can sing like Lily Langtry!  I don't know what she sounded like, 'cause I'm not THAT old, but I bet that girl could sing!  ;D

And thanks, Pooter, for the encouraging words on my "creative writing".  It's fun.

You know, I thought of a great kids book the other day. Well, at the time, it seemed "great"!  ;) I was watching Diego, the dog we are dog-sitting for our son during the day, looking out the window at the birds and squirrels and I said, " Looking out the window and what do I see, but a big, red robin looking back at me."  Or words to that effect.  I had all sorts of things going through my head and I thought...wow this would be a neat kids book.  Probably been done before...but you know...interesting stuff in your own backyard kind of thing.  So, then I thought I'd write this down, a day or two later.  Do you THINK I could remember all the cutesy rhymes I had going on that day.  Nothing. Nada.  Zilch.  Faded away into the grey matter of my aging, AN affected, addled brain!  ??? Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!  I was so mad.  Maybe it'll come back to me and I'll be sure to write it down right away.  Then, Deb - you can draw the illustrations!  I mean I had a great thing going there, until I forgot it all!  I even had a cute ending, but I do remember that one.  So, say Deb does the drawings, okay?   "This book was made especially for YOU, it was drawn by Deb and written by Sue!".     ;D ;D

I'm alone a lot...I amuse myself, what can I say::)

Sue in Vancouver USA

« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 04:48:40 pm by Sue »
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2495 on: April 30, 2008, 05:18:04 pm »
Grammy award nomination for Sue wench.

Looks like the the PBW has moved on through the seven seas but its now been days and the crew have not heard from 16 who has ventured off into the wild blue sunset in the girly whirly dhingy thingy (was that the name we gave it?) in seach of medicinal drugs - namely Chocolate.

With Pooter now in the galley mixin up the viddles, The Captain looks around her pride and joy rust bucket (sorry key macro always types that) fine pirate plunderin ship, she mutters under her breath, but still comes out at 98 decibells, Who are all the newbie scurvy, flea ridden, crew.

"Ahoy ye matey's" yells the captain, "we are sailin these seas in search of other ships to plunder and attack but fist, we needs ta know who all the new scallys and wenches be so i can officially designate who walks the plank first.

The list now is.
Captain - Deb
Cursed crusie director - Phyl
Ship Lorryate - Sue
Drug dispenser - 16
Camera man - Satman
Chronologer - Laz

Sign ye name wiv a X if ye can't type nut add to the list.

Staytuned when we find out where 16 has ended up? Will the best, west coast wenches re-appear? (wet t shirt comp comin' up!

laz

2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #2496 on: April 30, 2008, 05:29:07 pm »
The list now is.
Captain - Deb
Cursed crusie director - Phyl
Ship Lorryate - Sue
Drug dispenser - 16
Camera man - Satman
Chronologer - Laz
Breeze Conjurer - Pooter...
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2497 on: April 30, 2008, 05:45:14 pm »
Oh goody, we get to sail the high seas again.  And it's about time.  We've been on Watch and Wait mode, FOREVER!  Laz, get typing, Lad, get typing.

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2498 on: April 30, 2008, 06:04:32 pm »
Laz, removes rust and arthritis from fingers, and, lines the keyboard up, is ready to pounce, yes, he has his middle fingers poised, raises his hand, is about to hit a key, oh no, he changes his moid. Wait, another moment of inspiration, laz conjurs up the courage, the fingers are ready yet again......... minutes elapse....... then, oh dear , he has picked up the phone instead.

Call those men in white coats!

laz

p.s - for the newbies, I quite often call on the men in white coats for both myself and our dear Captain - a couple of real loonies - well, the Captain is anyway!!!!! (laz ducks for cover as the bird swoops to drop its bundle on the poor chronologer)

Stay tuned
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW

Kaybo

« Reply #2499 on: April 30, 2008, 07:08:11 pm »
Hey!  Don't forget me -- I am in charge of all the little scallywags and wenches!!   ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #2500 on: April 30, 2008, 07:09:44 pm »
Hi Pooter,

I am Reporter/Commentator reporting from the deck of PBW! Yea Mateys! 8)

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2501 on: April 30, 2008, 07:37:20 pm »
Ok Pooter,

You need to continually update your list - looks like you got yerself another job!

laz
Chronologer of the PBW

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #2502 on: April 30, 2008, 08:25:56 pm »
 :o
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2503 on: April 30, 2008, 08:33:26 pm »
pooter, if you get the chance, read the first 10 pgs of the thread (I know, I know....)

add to the list:

static - cruise bartender (the female Issac the bartender)

many others with jobs here.... and Captn keeping everyone in line... :)

Now, Laz....we've been waiting on you to come outta retirement to keep on writing our adventure... so, crack your typing knuckles, hun! :-*

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

lori67

« Reply #2504 on: April 30, 2008, 08:34:50 pm »
Can I just be the designated rum drinker?  I don't think I'm qualified for any other jobs.  Unless Johnny Depp needs company or something...   ;)

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.