Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775036 times)

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #1320 on: September 29, 2006, 01:57:04 pm »
So where is Nate??? havn't seen him posting in a while.  We miss you nate, sending you good thoughts, hope your doing well.

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Chris

« Reply #1321 on: September 29, 2006, 02:50:49 pm »
You had better get well quick and come back to us Laz. Your wenches are getting restless and there is nothing worse than a bunch of restless wenches, especially the ones who chant & dance all day.
2.5cm AN diagnosed late 2005 and treated with fractionated stereotactic radiation in Sydney Australia Oct 2005

matti

« Reply #1322 on: September 29, 2006, 05:06:06 pm »
Sue - I've been watching survivor and amazed at how he gets rid of headaches. I see he leaves a nasty looking bruise on the forehead, but hey, I'll take that over a headache anyday.

cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Battyp

« Reply #1323 on: September 30, 2006, 02:45:16 pm »
Ya know after all the years of headaches I've suffered I've tried all kinds of tricks..I'm sure that what he does works but geesh does he have to mark them?  I'm thinking the head massage thingy would be good and it YUL did it instead of Coi Boa I'd enjoy it more  :o

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #1324 on: September 30, 2006, 08:13:30 pm »
I GUESS I WILL NEED TO WATCH SURVIVOR NEXT WEEK IF THEY NOW HAVE A HEADACHE WIZZARD ON THERE.

PATTI UT

LOOKS LIKE THE PBWIS HEADIN FOR PHILLY IN JULY '07 FOR THE SYMPOSIUM TO JEFFS PARENTS HOUSE
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore

Laura

« Reply #1325 on: October 01, 2006, 06:51:22 am »
And me with my newbie uniform - just in time.

Thanks Capt. Deb!!!!!!  :D
Diagnosed August 17, 2006
AN on right side 1cm x 7mm x 7mm
30% hearing loss with no other symptoms
Watching and Waiting
http://www.patient-network.com/lparr
It's mind over "matter"... even if the "matter" is in my mind

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #1326 on: October 01, 2006, 01:02:09 pm »
Ya know after all the years of headaches I've suffered I've tried all kinds of tricks..I'm sure that what he does works but geesh does he have to mark them?  I'm thinking the head massage thingy would be good and it YUL did it instead of Coi Boa I'd enjoy it more  :o

Yes, Cool Yul!!  Coi Boa (Do they call him Cowboy, or is that how his name is pronounced?) is interesting, tho.  In recent years I've told anyone who washes my hair to be careful around the temples (and now I realize it was mostly my AN side!) since it was sensitive. So when he did all that manipulation on their heads, I just thought it would hurt me. 

Vancouver Sue
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #1327 on: October 01, 2006, 05:04:46 pm »
I think it's "Cao Boi" and is pronounced the way it's spelled--a double entendre. And I don't want him to pinch me!! If anyone pinches me it will be Dr Love and it won't be on the forehead!!!! Ouch! OOOOOOOHHH!!!!!

LAZ-- WHERE ARE YE, YE SCALLYWAG!!!![/b][/i][/size]

Capt Deb

"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #1328 on: October 01, 2006, 05:32:22 pm »
Yes, where is Larry??

I am afraid the Goode Ship PBW is languishing off the coast of Washington state, trying to get to Boston. Oh, yeah, and our Captain was all oiled up  :o, feathers sticking out all over, and beating on a drum.  This is really hurting my tinnitus, so we need to get on with the journey and quit with the drumming and chanting already. Wenches and Scallywags are out in the dinghy fishing,  so's we can have something to eat.  This is getting a wee bit tiresome. Laz needs to get out of sickbay, with Doc McCoy (Jim! I think Laz is better!!) and get back to his telling of the tales of the Princess Batty Wench.  I'm getting bored.

Vancouver Sue

PS
I have considered putting "She's dead, Jim." on my tombstone, if I decide to go that route. (Be buried, I mean...I think I have to "go that route" eventually... ;D)
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #1329 on: October 02, 2006, 04:43:03 pm »
Thansk to ye all for the well wishes.

I've been rather knocked rotten somewhat from this 'ere neeeemonnia.

Deb, ya can stop the foot stompin' now.

It was a pretty awful process to go through. It was actually caused by Indian food which we went out for. It didn't agree with my innards and after the meal I couldn't stop burping. Then i'd start coughing non-stop and starting choking and couldn't breathe too well. Went off to the "quack" who said "it's just reflux, take losec and it will go away". I'd actually told him that I thought it was reflux and i had taken a losec but also said that I was short of breath. He didn't check my lungs or anything. It was "sign here please". ARRRRRRRRRRRR, QUACKERY AT ITS BEST".

I didn't like that prognosis so went off to the hospital and as soon as you mention breathing problems, they admit ya straight away. They told me that bacteria from the reflux had got into my lungs and whammo, the rest is history.

The head took a real pounding during that process but am getting better now, I'll do half days at work for a week or so.

Thx for the well wishes and Captain parrot, you have a good day today. Thinkin of ya.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #1330 on: October 02, 2006, 06:35:07 pm »
Oh you sweet man! What an ordeal! We are so glad you are better and back on board if even part-time for now.
Get back in yer bunk, now and get ye some rest!!!

I am now trying to grow new skin on the bottoms of me feet from alla the chantin' and pot beatin' I been doin'!!!

I also spent part of the day in the Giant Rum Barrel getting my noggin xeroxed.  I usually xerox the other end!!! Way more fun!!!

I am plumb wore out from all the excitement!!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #1331 on: October 02, 2006, 07:52:52 pm »
Hope you are going to get well, really fast now.  Thinking of you and hoping you get out of sick bay soon.  We miss ya, ya Aussie Scallywag.

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Laura

« Reply #1332 on: October 03, 2006, 06:25:52 am »
Welcome back Laz - glad you are getting better and hope you are back on your feet full time real soon!
Diagnosed August 17, 2006
AN on right side 1cm x 7mm x 7mm
30% hearing loss with no other symptoms
Watching and Waiting
http://www.patient-network.com/lparr
It's mind over "matter"... even if the "matter" is in my mind

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #1333 on: October 03, 2006, 06:44:44 am »
HI ALL,

Laz, glad your feeling a bit better. Take it slow.

You are never gonna believe this. I was doing a general search through my MSN search engine, typed in single sided deafness, and guess what came up.  a topic titled    GOOD MORNING.  So of course I had to click on it and it brought me straight here to the good morning thread. So now you know, anyone looking for info on SSD can come straight her and read how wacky we are,
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 I did find an interesting article, I'll try and scan and post if the puter will let me.

Patti UT

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #1334 on: October 03, 2006, 06:06:55 pm »
WOO HOO, we're famous!

The good ship PBW will set sail soon once this chronologer has his sea legs back and the rum runs out in sick bay! whichever is the latter!

oh, glad you are all hooked on Tim Tams. They have just released a strawberry one (for breast cancer). I think that might taste a bit sickly but!

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz