Author Topic: Temper  (Read 11527 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Temper
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 12:24:24 pm »
Palace, m'dear! :-*  :-*

I moved this to the "Cognitive/Emotional" forum as it certainly is an emotional aspect of illness, even for AN'ers... so, thanks for understanding the topic move.

I'm sorry to hear about this... you know I worry about you... so, know that I'm sending my hugglez to you... I'm always keeping an eye open for you. Please hang in there!

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009, 11:21:39 am »
Palace,
I have noticed that since surgery I do not suffer fools gladly.  My colleagues joke that my "diplomacy chip" was removed.  I think it has gotten lots better but I also think the change is due to my brush with a brain tumor.  In my mind, life is short, people spend too much time worrying and complaining about unimportant things and I just don't feel like I have time for it anymore.  Of course, if I don't feel well, which happens too often, I'm even less patient.  The interesting thing is that I believe I am a better wife, mother, and friend than I was before because I understand what is really important. It's an interesting contradiction, isn't it? 
Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

cin605

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2009, 07:08:19 pm »
I like to call it "Low People Tolerence" ::) ::)
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2009, 07:24:56 pm »
"LPT"
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 08:31:46 pm »
I like to call it "Low People Tolerence" ::) ::)

Sounds like a great description to me  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009, 08:22:52 am »
On the outside I am about the same most of the time ...if I lose my temper it is gonna be to grumble
and or yell at my husband who pats my head and tells me everything is gonna be alright which in turn
makes me madder ...

I am now and always have been on to hold in emotions ...if I am mad at you you won't know it and if I am
sad and miserable people don't know that either ...

I feel bad that I jump Bo who is too good about it ... and I still think that somewhere in the heat of the
moment I nail him because I feel safe that he is tough enough to take it ... this is something that is a "since
surgery" thing ...doesn't happen often but any is too much
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

cin605

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 01:55:00 pm »
Today is one of those days!I can not figure out if its LTP(low people tolerence) or PMS!They are both so much alike. ::)
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2009, 02:58:00 pm »
You are too funny......but I hear you!!!! 

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

tenai98

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 02:59:13 pm »
Patience is one thing I have alot of. Given my line of work (teaching 16 yr olds how to drive) and raisiing four boys, taught m patience. I have notice no change in temper and have just asked my partner about it and he said no change. I feel I am so lucky during this recovery. The last 3 days I have had an almost back to normal head day.  Wonkiness occurs when I"m tired.  I try not to do to much, but when feeling good I tend to over do it a bit. Then its nap time for sure..
JO ;D
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

salamander

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2009, 05:04:16 pm »
I have not had any problems with anger.  Depression has been a bigger problem for me. 

It was interesting that I really had no emotion in the hospital.  I'm sure it was the drugs.  At about 2-3 weeks after surgery I started crying in the shower and I couldn't stop.  Then for about a week I would just abruptly start crying for no reason.  I couldn't say then, or even now, whether they were tears of joy to be alive, or sorrow at my outcome.  I think it was both.  I think I was adjusting to the new me.

Since then, I do get pretty depressed at times, but it is leveling off. 

Samantha
2.9 cm right side AN;
Retrosigmoid/Sub-occipital surgery 11/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus), facial weakness, dry eye, eye weight, headaches.
Some movement of face at 7 months