Author Topic: another new surgery date  (Read 2234 times)

teffaz

• We read to know we're not alone.
another new surgery date
« on: April 05, 2009, 09:48:31 pm »
Greetings!
My surgeons have moved up my translab surgery date to May 28.  Anyone have time to place this on the AN Calendar?  How many times are you willing to do this? Ha!! I ask that question because the gal at my surgeon's office said, "We'll keep trying to move the date up!"

Your posts are helping immensely as I prepare emotionally and physically for surgery. Thank you so much!!

I have an embarrassing question: I've tried to put my photo on my profile on this AN site, but just cannot make it work. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time! You all are amazing!!!!!

Best,
Teff (Brenda)
1.5 cm. x .5 cm AN
translab May 2009
SSD (before surgery as well as after)
grateful for incredible surgeons: Dr. Porter & Dr. Syms
Barrow Neurological Institute; Phoenix

sgerrard

Re: another new surgery date
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 11:17:30 pm »
As many as it takes, Brenda. :)

May 28th it is - for now.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

sgerrard

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 12:05:33 am »
I've tried to put my photo on my profile on this AN site, but just cannot make it work. Any ideas?

Just noticed this question was in there too.

You have to upload the picture to a public web site. Many here use http://www.photobucket.com. Click the green Join Now button - it really is free. I think you have to give them an email address and get a confirmation; don't give them anything else.

Once you have an account, you can upload your picture onto their site. Then you get the link for your picture by clicking the box labeled Direct Link. It should show another little box that says Copied. Now go back to your forum profile, and paste into the URL box for your picture.

Post again if you can't get it to work - many of us had trouble with it at first. :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 08:02:31 am »
Then you get the link for your picture by clicking the box labeled Direct Link. It should show another little box that says Copied. Now go back to your forum profile, and paste into the URL box for your picture.

I know on my laptop, just clicking on the Direct Link does not give me the box that says Copied.  I actually have to highlight it and copy it with CTRL-C or by right clicking and selecting copy.  On the main PC, it works as Steve said.  Very strange indeed.

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.