Author Topic: Need your support!  (Read 41736 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Need your support!
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2009, 03:48:27 pm »
AAARRRRR Matey!
Anissa! That is just suuuuuuuublime, incredible, and will match the decor of the PBW Master Suite fantastically!!!!!
Will PM you my homeport addy ASAP!!!!!

Thanks for all your support, you scurvy lot! (Scurvy is a term of endearment amongst we pirates.)

Hanging tough!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Kaybo

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2009, 03:51:26 pm »
Anissa~
That's awesome!  I think you will fet in here fine...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

anissa

• My Journey
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2009, 04:00:56 pm »
I'm so glad you like it!  I'm going to try to put it in the mail tonight.  I hope you are feeling better soon!
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

sgerrard

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2009, 11:28:01 pm »
So Anissa, will you be adding the byline "May I embroider you a hand towel?"   ;D

I'm afraid my scrawny doodle of a jolly roger can't hold a candle to that fine piece of embroidery. I suppose I will send the hat to Deb anyway; maybe she will avoid putting them side by side.  :-[

I wonder what an embroidered version of the ANA logo would look like?

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2009, 07:54:26 am »
I've given my homeport address to Anissa and Steve--thank you both so much for being so supportive and thoughtful and I'm not even having an AN issue! Wow!

I see the tummy doc at 3:30 today.  The pain in my side has subsided a bit but is still twingy and it hurts to move and I can't take a deep breath without it stabbing me.  Maybe it's an old cutlass wound acting up! Arrr! All that pillagin' and plunderin' come back to haunt me.

Bad news is all these med bills may keep me from going to Chicago--depends on if I can crank out a few paintings to sell and get 'em sold--have a large 6' one on the easel upstairs 80% finished.  They take me soooooo long to finish these days due to the headaches and medication side-effects and now this snafu. 

Hanging tough! Thanks to all of you who have send prayers and well wishes and a special thanks to those who have sent booty!!!!!

Capt Deb

moe

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2009, 08:33:09 am »
[quote

and now this snafu. 

[/quote]

Arrgghhh! Capt Deb- you say it like it is! - you all know what she is referring to?
Hang in there. You are a toughie.
Anissa- look at you-finally using your embroidery machine one week prior to your surgery. That's what I call keeping busy! Way to go girl :)
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2009, 11:32:35 am »
Ain't a snafu an anagram for "situation normal, all @#$%#& up?" Oh me oh my, what a sailor mouth I have! I oughta be spanked!

Capt Deb
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 11:45:10 am by Captain Deb »

anissa

• My Journey
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2009, 11:39:52 am »
Anything to keep me busy at this point.  It was as much therapeutic for me as I hope it will be for you.  Its on its way!
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2009, 12:33:16 pm »
Captain -

sorry to hear about all your troubles; hope the doctor's visit goes well today.

I'd hate to see you miss the symposium - was really looking forward to meeting you  :'(

Please check with the ANA about possible sponsorship.  I know I donated some monies with my registration and I'm sure others did too.
Don't hesitate to inquire about it; that's what it's there for.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kathy M

• Kathy
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2009, 04:13:58 pm »
Captain,

I am hoping that you get relief from your pain and a plan to get you back to your wonderful self again real soon! All  you are going through and you still are making us chuckle.   Humor is a powerful healer!

Kathy
AN diagnosed 11/14/08, 3+cm, Retrosigmoid 1/13/09, Univ. Hosp., Cincinnati, Drs. Tew and Pensak
no facial nerve or eye issues!
3 more surgeries related to staph infections & osteomylitis over next 13 months.  New diagnosis of breast cancer.  Treatment completed 08/27/10.  Moving on!!!

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2009, 06:29:25 pm »
OK, maties, here's the scuttlebutt on my abdominal invaders!  The tummy doc needs to speak to the radiologist to see if it's a simple or complex cyst but the radiologist had left for the day--go figger.  If it's complex it will probably have to come out.  About the one on the old ovary--he called my gynodoc who ordered an MRI of the pelvis to take a better peek at it and see if that one needs to come out.  Looks like I may be getting a twofer! So tomorrow the tummydocs office will be calling in to the Tube O' Gloom at the local hospital to set an appointment to zap my middle with contrast and without.  Yahoo!  I asked if I get a discount if they would do my noggin at the same time since I'm about due for one o' them pretty soon. She said probably not.  I'm getting referred down to Wake Forest University Med Center in Winston-Salem, about a 2 hr drive.  The doc there is a liver surgeon. Now I never heard of anyone calling himself a liver surgeon, but that's what the tummydoc called him!

So that's the news. No biopsy yet, still in holding pattern.

Hanging tough,

Capt Deb

lori67

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2009, 07:16:30 pm »
I hope you had enough rum to hold you over during today's procedure.

I'm sure your soon-to-arrive hat and towel will help lift your spirits!  I'll just bet you'll be pillaging and plundering in no time at all!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

GRACE1

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2009, 07:13:29 am »
I think you will be pleased with Wake Forest.  That is where I had my GK.  I love that place!  I don't think they will make you wait too long for an appointment.  Yes, hang tough - heck, you are tough!!

Grace
Diagnosed 7/06: AN - right side: 1.3cm in transverse dimension, 6mm in AP dimension, and 6mm in cephalocaudal dimension.
GK 12/06- Wake Forest Univ Baptist Med Ctr
MRI 5/07- Some necrosis;  Now SSD
MRI 12/08- AN size has reduced 50%
MRI 12/11- AN stable (unchanged from 12/08)
Next MRI: 12/16

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2009, 10:55:48 am »
Anissa, that is such a lovely gift for Deb! Everyone is so thoughtful here. I may have to stay forever!
My loving cyber family!
Michelle   :P
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2009, 03:23:27 pm »
I hope you had enough rum to hold you over during today's procedure.

Lori

If not, we can always get her address from Steve and/or Anissa and send the good Captain some ;)

Don't worry, Captain, reinforcements are on the way LOL

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways