Author Topic: Need your support!  (Read 41727 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Need your support!
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2009, 07:01:34 pm »
I have already drunk my lifetime rum alotment! Why do you think I am the designated driver of the PBW?  Dr Love drinks my rum for me these days. Hee Hee!

If I do end up having surgery, which I'm not planning on, I fully intend on taking my pirattitude down to Wake Forest with me, including a few piratey accessories I happen to have lying around.

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2009, 02:38:48 pm »
Today I recieved the piratey embroidered towel from my dear Anissa and it is sooooo coooool!!!!  Thank you so much for thinking of me even with your upcoming surgery looming large.  Please know you will have a special place in my thoughts on Wednesday whilst I am in the Tube O' Gloom and you are having your surgery!!  Recover quickly so I can  send you my entire wardrobe and all my linens to have jolly-roger-o-grammed! (just kidding!) You are very special, ya wench.  Official Ship's Embroiderer o' the PBW ye be!

Big hugs,

Capt Deb

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2009, 02:16:49 pm »
I had an MRI of the pelvis yesterday for ovary cyst--funny that the doc didn't order one on the liver--that one puzzled the MRI technician, too so she called over to the gastro-enterologist but he was in a "proceedure" and couldn't be disturbed so I may have to back there.  They happened to have Jimmy Buffett music in the headphones which I got to enjoy.  I pretended I was lying on the beach!  Still don't know anything--will call the tummydoc tomorrow.

That's the news--still in holding pattern

Capt Deb

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2009, 11:21:39 am »
Ahoy, y'all,

Heard from my gynocologist today and they want to lapariscope (sp?) the cyst on my ovary.  Sounds like I am going to get holes poked in me--it is inevitable. Still waiting on the radiologists opinion of the liver cyst--been over a week now since I saw the tummydoc who said he needed to talk to the radiologist to see if I have a simple or complex cyst.  I vote for simple since they may just leave the sucker alone to see if it will drain by itslf before they go a'slicin' and dicin'.

That's the update for now--

Capt Deb

andrea in slc

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2009, 04:12:13 pm »
Darn, Capt Deb. Sorry about the hole poking that will be commencing.  >:(  Just how much "fun" can one person have after an ER trip? Hope there isn't MUCH poking they have to do, and that the other doc will get back with you soon!

Andrea

Kathy M

• Kathy
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2009, 04:29:10 pm »
Hey there, Capn' Deb!

This hurry up and wait to fiind out what needs to be done is horrible!!!  But...I've had 2 laparascopic procedures for a pesky ovary and they were a breeze!  The worst part was the gas afterwards, because they kinda blow you up like a basketball so they can do what they need to do.  I'll bet you'll do great!!!!  Hope they figure out the rest real soon.

I'm thinking of you!!!

Kathy
AN diagnosed 11/14/08, 3+cm, Retrosigmoid 1/13/09, Univ. Hosp., Cincinnati, Drs. Tew and Pensak
no facial nerve or eye issues!
3 more surgeries related to staph infections & osteomylitis over next 13 months.  New diagnosis of breast cancer.  Treatment completed 08/27/10.  Moving on!!!

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2009, 04:37:03 pm »
Hey Deb,
  Just tapped into this, being back on the forum and all due to Anissa being here at me home hospital hanging out with my ENT for 11 hours.....gesh!! she's trying to steal me bf doc.  LOL...anyghoo,  really sorry to hear of all the pain and problems.  I had an ovarian cyst explodeee years ago,  no fun, let them do the lap,  you don't want it to get big and explode, trust me on this.  I've had several of the lap suregeries,  through the belly button, uncomfortable for a few days but not too bad..   Crossing everything and saying a prayer for good news on the liver invader.  I just ook another balance related fall and wrenched my knee....damn...seems like if it's not one thing, it's another.  hang in there.

take care
Yootee
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2009, 12:16:48 pm »
Yeah, what Donnalynn said.   ;D ;D

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2009, 11:43:37 am »
Well, crew, progress is slowly being made with regard to a diagnosis and treatment plan fer me insides.  I saw the "lady doc" on Monday and he says I not only have an ovarian cyst but that I have fibroids, too, which he says he doesn't like to see in a post-menopausal woman.  Then he took blood for a test for ovarian cancer which he says he does not think I have, but he just wants to rule it out.  He even mentioned the fact that I may need to have a hysterectomy.  As far as the liver cyst, which is still twinging, I have an appointment on Monday at the hospital to have it aspirated and biopsied which I guess means they will be poking a big needle into my gut.  Yuck!  I just wish this whole thing was over and not dragging out the way it is.  This is getting stressful and depressing! That and I had a massive migraine on Saturday when I was supposed to be having a hot date with Dr Love.

Thank you Donnalynn for your kind and comforting words and to everyone else for your continued moral support.  You have no idea how much it means to me when I read your posts.

Hugs,

Capt Deb

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2009, 12:13:13 pm »
Cap't Deb, I hope things move faster in the medical department.  But look at it this way, it'll be faster than when you were trying for SSD!  I had a hysterectomy because of fast growing fibroids back when I was a mere lass of 38, or thereabouts.  That was when I was pregnant for the last time, and I lost the baby early because of them, and then the hormones put the darn fibroids into high gear and they had to come out or I was gonna look like I swallowed a watermelon or two.  Yuck, is right!  I'm so sorry you have to do all this now.  Crikey.  Some of us deserves a freakin' break around here!!  But the good news is, if you get all of that stuff cleaned out of ya, you don't ever have to worry about ovarian cancer -- EVER!  I do, as they left one ovary in place and the poor girl just worked her little heart out, but she's about dead of old age now, poor dear.  Anyway, huggles to you and a kiss on the forehead.   :-*

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

cindyj

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2009, 12:18:40 pm »
Hey, Capt!

I went through a similar "female" thing last year (shortly after my AN diagnosis), did end up having to have some surgery, but turned out not to be cancer.  I will certainly hope that yours turns out to be nothing serious as well.  You are so strong, but I know it is very hard waiting and wondering what may be going on.

Sorry one of the migraine monsters messed up your date!  Wish those would go away for you also.  I have been very, very fortunate not to have had one in quite a few months.

Do hang in there!!!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Kaybo

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2009, 01:06:09 pm »
Capt'n Deb~
Sorry this is happening and so DRAWN OUT for you but you could make contact again with the nice nurse...I forget, was he HOT too??

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2009, 02:57:22 pm »
Ohhh yeah!  Just about singed me fingers on the dude! (Don't tell Dr Love!)

Capt Deb

Lainie181818

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2009, 09:48:55 pm »
You go girl, there's nothing like a man in scrubs or a Lab coat. Come to think of it firemen are cute too. all the best, when all of this is over you will have a new warranty and 100,000 nautical miles.
Lainie.

Janet

• Janet Sherwood Photography
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2009, 12:26:03 am »
Capt Deb,

I need to get out of the Headache Forum more often!!  I just read about your latest medical tests and wanted to wish you the best.  Hope you get this resolved soon. 

Janet
Surgical removal of 1 cm x .8 cm x .6 AN on 4/2004.