Author Topic: Need your support!  (Read 41707 times)

mimoore

• Believe!
Re: Need your support!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 06:08:57 am »
Capt. Deb,
I am so sorry you are having to endure this. My prayer for you is that this is quickly resolved and you will be painfree real soon!
Hugs Michelle  :-*
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 06:51:58 am »
Bummer.  Good thing you're one tough cookie with the attitude to get through this and the support group to provide just the right buoyancy to keep you afloat.
My brother's a general surgeon (and one heck of a sailor).  If you need me to bounce anything off him, send it my way.
Loving thoughts coming your way,
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

GRACE1

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 07:41:42 am »
Capt Deb:

Sorry you are having to deal with this pain.  Hopefully these cysts will be gone very soon.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Grace
Diagnosed 7/06: AN - right side: 1.3cm in transverse dimension, 6mm in AP dimension, and 6mm in cephalocaudal dimension.
GK 12/06- Wake Forest Univ Baptist Med Ctr
MRI 5/07- Some necrosis;  Now SSD
MRI 12/08- AN size has reduced 50%
MRI 12/11- AN stable (unchanged from 12/08)
Next MRI: 12/16

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 11:13:31 am »
Awww, crikey, our dear Captain Deb is having some troubles.  Can you feel the love from around the country?  That's a massive huggle to you, dear.  Stay strong.  HA.  Look who I'm talking to!  Of course, you'll stay strong.  You're our Cap't Deb.

Sending healing thoughts from Vancouver, Wa

Sue
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 11:47:13 am »
Capt Deb:

Enough already!! Haven't you had more than your share of pain? Well, I do hope they knock you out for this procedure with the long needle, and I hope they get it right the first time.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 12:34:21 pm »
Lots of love and support coming from the Great White North.  Mind you it isn't white in Southern Ontario.  You just tell those Doc's in the sick bay, they better fix you up and soon because we have some sailing to do.  There will be mutiny on the ship if they don't get you in "ship shape!"  ;) 

Aie Aie Capt,

Anne Marie OXOX  :-*
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 02:27:19 pm »
Well, mateys, I've spoken to the biopsy doc and he can't squeeze me in till Thursday afternoon.  The anti-inflammatories have worked but have really done a number on my tummy and I had to quit taking them so we"ll see if the sucker flares up again. Jeez,  stuff doesn't move this slow on "Gray's Anatomy" or "ER"!  This thing hurts! The ER doc only gave me enough pain meds (vicodin) through today but luckily I have extra stuff for when I get headaches. 

The Emergency Room experience wasn't really all that bad.  They built a really nice new ER since since I used to go there on a regular basis for my migraines. I had a private room with a TV and watched a little March Madness through my morphine fog.  I also had a hunky boy nurse named Bill who had cute muscles and a ponytail and we discussed the politics and the sorry state of the US healthcare system.  Every time he gave me a shot he had to ask if I was allergic to anything and I kept answering "housework", "mean people", "cold weather", "corporate greed," and "Republicans" (no offense to anyone). Yessir, Nurse Bill was the BEST!!!!  If this thing flares up again I may have to go back there!!!

So right now I'm in a holding pattern and it hurts everytime I move so I'm just being a couch potato and catching up on "Flight of the Conchords", my fave HBO series.

Thanks for all your well wishes--they are all soooooooo appreciated!!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* I love you guys!!

Hugs,

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 02:32:04 pm »
Deb-a-la, my dear.... now, you get me worried about this and worried about that... and now this. I will phone you later to check on you .... as the dear Art Linkletter use to note.. ."Laughter is the best medicine", so I'm counting on you laughing between the "ouch!"

hang in there, m'dear.  Make sure Dr. Lurve gives you propa' loves and that my dear dear Sadie Lady snuggles with momma to keep you feeling better.

will phone later.

xoxoxoxo and all that good....er.... stuff! ;)
me :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 02:37:12 pm »
Well, you should have gone to House.  Not the one in LA, but the one on Fox!  Dr. Gregory House would have done 6 expensive tests on you before 9 a.m.!  You two could have cryptic banter and then he and his trusty team would have had you split 6 ways to Sunday, took out any and all offending matter and some maybe you needed to keep (but that's another storyline)  and out the door mighty durn quick.  Too bad, real life aint' quite that way. 

Hang in there kiddo,

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

GRACE1

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 03:06:59 pm »
Let's hear it for Nurse Bill !!!

Grace
Diagnosed 7/06: AN - right side: 1.3cm in transverse dimension, 6mm in AP dimension, and 6mm in cephalocaudal dimension.
GK 12/06- Wake Forest Univ Baptist Med Ctr
MRI 5/07- Some necrosis;  Now SSD
MRI 12/08- AN size has reduced 50%
MRI 12/11- AN stable (unchanged from 12/08)
Next MRI: 12/16

lori67

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 03:20:59 pm »
Ok, if it hurts to move - don't move!  Teach Sadie to wait on you while you park yourself on the couch.

So, are you sure Nurse Bill was really a cute boy with big muscles - or was that just what he looked like after the morphine kicked in?  Could have actually been Nurse Ratchet.

I'm sure Dr. House would have fixed you up just like Sue suggested, but I think I'd rather go have Dr. McDreamy hovering over me!   ;)

Hang in there - Thursday's comin'!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2009, 03:37:10 pm »
No..No.. Dr McSteamy will fix her right especially since his um um....inquiry...break..."Love Muscle" has healed ;)

I need to go and cool down.....hope you are getting some relief Capt Deb!

Anne marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009, 03:44:59 pm »
Nurse Bill McDreamy was indeed a cutie and not a nurse Ratched! I had him all to myself the whole day.  It is my karma to get all the cute guys--just look at Dr Love, who had the good sense to marry me.  At House I had the cutest doc, too--Dr Rick Friedman!  Phyll gets the cheeky ones, I get the cute ones. Hee hee!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

LisaP

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2009, 05:13:57 pm »
Captain Deb,

Oh me gosh,,,,,,hang in there, my thoughts and prayers are with you!!!!

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

sgerrard

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2009, 10:38:10 pm »
Hey Capt, would something like this cheer you up?   ;D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.