Author Topic: Swollen  (Read 10592 times)

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: Swollen
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 06:09:30 pm »
The dosage instructions are one drop three times a day for seven days. See here: http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/vigamox_ids.htm

Maybe you should check with your doctor or pharmacist?

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

lori67

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 06:49:25 pm »
If it's a prescription med, it should say right on the label how many drops and how often.  Did you get it from a pharmacy or did the doctor give you a sample at his office?

I would definitely check on it because 12 times a day is certainly a lot more medicine than 3 times a day!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

28Lisa

• pre opt
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 09:25:30 pm »
both, it says on the box from the pharmacy 1 drop every two hrs
A.N. 4+cm, 9/11/07 @ NY Presbyterian Hospital, Dr. Phillip Stieg
post opt - partial facial paralysis on left side, total hear loss on left side, speech altered, loss of taste, smell,balance, loss of sensation on right side from shoulder down, low motor skills, eye weight 11/07

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2008, 05:46:01 am »
I would call the doctor to make sure that the directions are right. The doctor may have a reason that he wants it used that often, but there could also be a mistake. You can just tell him, or more likely his nurse, that the package directions are so different that you wanted to double-check.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

lori67

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2008, 11:35:20 am »
Lisa,

It probably just means every 2 hours while you're awake.  I don't think any doctor would expect you to set your alarm for every two hours in the middle of the night to get up to put eye drops in!  And besides, if you're sleeping on your good ear, you wouldn't hear the alarm anyway!   :D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

28Lisa

• pre opt
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 05:41:05 pm »
lol so true.......going back in the morning so will voice my concerns then

thanks all
post opt - partial facial paralysis on left side, total hear loss on left side, speech altered, loss of taste, smell,balance, loss of sensation on right side from shoulder down, low motor skills, eye weight 11/07

28Lisa

• pre opt
Fridays Update
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 09:22:30 am »
Just got back again, and yes he was right about the 12 x a day for the vigamox...........I gotta go back on Monday again and if everything looks good then he'll decrease the drops.........after that he's gonna do a series of tests to see if Im elligible for a cornea transplant since its scarred, due to being in the hospital without proper treatment for it, anyways I hope all goes well...

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2008, 09:46:09 am »
Thats terrible lisa you have to get a transplant because of hosp care, can you not see out the eye, my hosp was the same. but my eye was fine thank goodness.
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

28Lisa

• pre opt
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2008, 12:21:45 pm »
I can see somewhat but its foggy only in that eye

28Lisa

• pre opt
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 09:56:38 am »
Dr Lai is the besttt I went to so many drs and my eye remained the same or gotten worse, one dr even diagnosed me in having a cataract Im so glad I changed immediately.   After seeing Dr Lai for approx 7 weeks, my eye looks and feels great, I was under intensive drops, his associate said they were worried at the beginning, now I have to go back and consider my options as if the cornea transplant is necessary or not by a series of tests......but I can see in it more than before and the redness and swelling is totally gone, AND NO CATARACT LOL  I reccomend Dr Lai to anyone he can be found at Cornell Medical Center in NY NY.

I'll keep you guys posted

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 07:29:20 am »
That is great Lisa! Heres hoping you don't need more surgery.
My care was great in the hospital except a couple of nurses. I remember one nurse dragging the lacilube tip across my eyeball and thinking okay that is the last time you are doing that lady. My eye had a trasoraphy (sp?) and one nurse pulled my eye open to put drops in (she didn't see it). I thought my daughter was going to flip out on her "STOP" Oh hospital life is fun - NOT! Poor overworked nurses.
Michelle
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

28Lisa

• pre opt
Update
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2008, 03:09:43 pm »
kinda good/bad news

My optamologist referred me to a oculoplastic surgeon because he said that my eye weight was too light therfore causing the eye to dry out therfore making it chronic even with eyedrops...

So I saw the surgeon on Wednesday and he said the weight looks fine and it looks like the problem is within the lower lid, because I lost the nerve that causes the lower lid muscle to contract, so he suggested to have surgery to fix that......I wont have to stay in the hospital since its only an hour procedure...........the only thing that scares me is that I have to be AWAKE during the procedure, and he is going to put in an additionalr stich to ensure the cornea is well protected. 

Did anyone have this procedure?

I have to go back monday with my desicion and fill out paperwork with his coordinator.

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2008, 08:06:33 pm »
love your new picture Lisa!
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

Kaybo

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2008, 07:43:27 am »
Lisa~
I have had MANY operations/procedures on my eye & have been awake everytime but once.  It is not bad at all.  The first few times, I got something to make me feel better while they did it - kind of like happy gas at the dentist, but the last couple I didn't even have that!  The worst occurred once when they were sewing my eye shut, but since you don't have to worry about that, there is no reason to go into it!!   ;)  I'm telling you that once they finally get everything al right with your eye, it is SOOOOO worth it!
K ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!