Author Topic: Now other eye is twitching!  (Read 5735 times)

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
Now other eye is twitching!
« on: September 13, 2008, 09:35:39 am »
Has anyone had experience with this?  My good eye is twitching just under the eye occasionally.  What's up with that?  Now I have to worry about both sides of my face?
Thanks,
M
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
Re: Now other eye is twitching!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 11:00:59 am »
I am wondering if the facial nerve on the contralateral side is having what is called a "sympathetic response" to the trauma of the operated nerve?  There are reports about this unusual diagnosis.  Hope it's just stress, not enough sleep, or some other benign reason though.

I do know Dr. Antonelli said my lower lid eye twitching is due to weak facial nerve where others have said lower lid eye twitching as opposed to upper lid is sign of stress. I'm going with Dr. A as he da man!
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 11:20:27 am »
Sounds like your good eye is working over time and is tired.
Come on twitching but on the right side!!!  ;D
Michelle
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

wendysig

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 02:05:43 pm »
Marci,
This just started with me too. Both of my eyes are twitching but not at the same time.  My AN eye mostly twitches on top but my good eye twitches both top and bottom.   My PT noticed it and thought it was related to my AN surgery but when  I asked my doc and he didn't think so.  Hmm, could it be he is wrong?  If so, it is the first time.  I plan to see an opthamologist as my good eye also feels like the muscle that moves it is actually strained.  My PT said it was not moving right and my doc did think I should have it checked out.   When I find someone to see I'll post whatever he/she says.

Wendy

1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 07:10:27 pm »
Whats with the good eye problems? I have developed two styes. I already looked bad enough not this - come on.  :o :o
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

MAlegant

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 09:39:13 pm »
Hey Wendy,
It's much better this week so maybe it's something that will pass...
M
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

wendysig

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 06:30:35 am »
Hi Marci,
I'm glad your eye twitches are getting better.  Mine are still twitching away.  I haven't found an opthamologist yet who has worked with AN patients and I won't waste my time and money on one who hasn't.  I haven't given it my full attention yet either as I have a lot going on right now and my eye twitching is not unbearable, just annoying.  I am hoping this is just a passing thing or related to my allergies which are driving me crazy right now.  If I do see someone I'll post whatever I learn.

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

28Lisa

• pre opt
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 10:02:21 am »
My right eye (the good  one) is super sensitive now dunno y
A.N. 4+cm, 9/11/07 @ NY Presbyterian Hospital, Dr. Phillip Stieg
post opt - partial facial paralysis on left side, total hear loss on left side, speech altered, loss of taste, smell,balance, loss of sensation on right side from shoulder down, low motor skills, eye weight 11/07

MAlegant

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 05:10:55 pm »
That particular symptom has taken a vacation for now, but we'll see...currently my tongue is zapping and tinging so I'm glad the eye twitching has taken a rest.  One can only handle so much...
M

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 08:36:38 pm »
Marci that is amazing about your tongue - the tip of my tongue was numb prior to surgery and after it was szpping and zapping and the I could feel - it happened a little at a time. (There goes that test of patience again - sorry). I know your feeling is coming back that is exactly what happened to my tongue. Yeah for you!!!!!!!
Michelle  ;D

Cheryl R

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 08:26:37 am »
I have had some twitching to the side of my eye recently on my left side which is where I had surgery 6 mo ago with no facial paralysis. Also occ a bit by my lip.   My right side is where had the 3 surgeries and hardly ever get any twitching.                   I was wondering too as it did for like  4 days and then quit.    Now only occ.          Of course it was after I had been to my surgeon in mid Sept.                           Something always has to keep us on our toes!
                                             Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

wendysig

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 04:14:41 am »
Even though my doc seemed skeptical, I have come to the conclusion that the eye twitching thing may have been from my allergies, which were driving me crazy at the same time.  My allergies have calmed down and no more eye twitches.  I can't complain about them stopping whtaever the reason, I'm just glad they did.

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

MAlegant

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 09:09:28 am »
Hey Cheri,
Just came from the eye doc and my vision has changed for the first time in many years and it has improved.  So bizarre really.  I did have issues with my good eye, twitching and otherwise but it all resolved eventually.
M

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2008, 09:10:37 am »
Hi Cheri,

I find my good eye has suffered also.  I think it has to pick up the slack from the other eye.  As you said when really tired the good eye seems to be staining and blurry.  For me when I have facial pain I feel that my good eye cannot focus at all.  When I have a headache both eyes are so sensitive.

I too have a hard time wearing glasses.  I'm due for a new pair and I'm going into all of the glass places too try on the frames.  When I was working the reports I worked from the font was quite small.  I ask many times if the font could be enlarged to help me prevent eye strain and headaches.  It was brutal nothing changed.  I wore my glasses and they hurt the side I had surgery.  Than when the scar neuroma developed it was unbearable.  I had headaches on a daily basis and than I felt very nauseated.  It was a battle.

Anne Marie
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 12:00:44 pm by yardtick »
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games