Author Topic: Smell after 8 yrs.  (Read 1615 times)

kbh1950

Smell after 8 yrs.
« on: August 25, 2008, 10:01:30 pm »
Has anyone had a reaccuring smell?  I still have headaches, but not as often.  It's kind of like the metalic taste, but it is a smell.  It's hard to discribe, but kind of like something burning.  I have had all the usual things associated with the AN surgery.  It has been 8 yrs.  I have also had a unusual feeling the other day.  Not like being dizzy, but uneasy.  It only lasted a few seconds, but enough that I will watch to see if there is a next one.  The smell is what is bothering me the most right now.  Do you think that my mind could remember something from the surgery?  Look forward to your answers.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
Re: Smell after 8 yrs.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 04:11:43 am »
Hi there,
I also have this; not the taste but the smell.  I have had my husband take out the kitchen trash multiple times, I go through the house looking for the culprit, to no avail.  It's not me, it's not him, I've even thought it was the dogs but they just smell like dogs.  I have also wondered if it is a side effect.  My sense of smell is fine otherwise.  I also have slight facial weakness still and numbness so I've wondered if it's the right side of my nose playing tricks with me.  Hope this helps.
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.