Author Topic: Debbi Bifulco Update  (Read 113548 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Debbi Bifulco Update
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2008, 10:43:54 pm »
Willie:

Great news!  This pretty much makes everyones day.  :)

It sounds as if Debbi is going to be just fine, as we expected.  Now is the time for rest and recuperation but please let her know that she is missed and we can't wait to have her back as a 'postie' (post-operative AN patient).  Thanks so much for the updates.  We look forward to more as Debbi progresses in her recovery. :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

danijake

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2008, 11:32:22 pm »
Debbi,

You are one tough chick!!! Walking into the OR?! :o I was so scared they had to knock me out first!!! But, then again, I didn't find this forum of wonderful ANers until 2 months after surgery-also Translab.

I was thinking about you all day and checking in on the site for updates your husband was so kind to post. Thank you Willie!!!

I have faith you'll make a "star" AN patient recovery. You're attitude is great, so optimistic. The best.

Awesome news

Dani

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2008, 11:55:37 pm »
Debbie and Willie

Know that prayers go out to you from California, wishing you a full recovery.

Congrats on your successful surgery and on becoming a postie.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

wendysig

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2008, 01:43:23 am »
Willie -Thanks again for the update.  I'm glad to hear Debbi is doing well.  I'm sure she knows she has a lot of prayers, good wishes and positive energy coming her way.  Same goes for you.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Melissa778

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2008, 05:43:04 am »
Whoo Hooo!!! :)  Way to go Debbi!!!  So glad to hear all is well.  Thanks for posting Willie, I've been thinking about Debbi all day.

Melissa-2 weeks and counting!
1.6cm X 1.6cm diagnosed Jan 30 2008
Translab Surgery scheduled for May 15th with Surgery went well, got ALMOST all of it.
GK to zap the rest on 10/22/08
2010 MRI showed no new growth tumor measuring at that time at 1.1 x .4
2011 Holding steady
2012 new growth 1.7 x .7 :( :(

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2008, 06:15:40 am »
I am so happy for you both,

continued healing my friend,    Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Mama R

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2008, 06:44:19 am »
Amen!!

Thank you so much for the update.The people on this website are more than wonderful. We are so gifted to have it.

Continued Prayers for Debbi & her family as you move onward and leave that AN behind!
Translab U of Cinnci - 03/21/08
Dr Theodosopolous & Dr Pensak :)
1 cm

Mama R

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2008, 07:48:01 am »
Debbi - Someone mentioned 'HAT' therefore I sent you a picture of my 'Easter Bonnet' I receved as a result of my surgery..Can't wait to see yours!!! (I have to be totally nuts to send such a wonderful picture...Oh who cares, amongst friends!!)
Translab U of Cinnci - 03/21/08
Dr Theodosopolous & Dr Pensak :)
1 cm

lori67

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2008, 08:37:06 am »
Ohio Also -  I LOVE what you've done with your hair!   I think everyone is going to want a "hat"!  Could be the latest fad!   ;D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

sgerrard

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2008, 08:50:38 am »
Willie,

Thanks for the update on Debbi, I love the idea of her discussing details of the procedure with the nurse as she walks into the OR. Now could you please post a picture of her in her new hat?  :)

I think Ohio Also's hat is a winner in the hat contest. Wait a minute, we don't have a hat contest - but why not? Now that we have a calendar of events, we need a gallery of hats, so we can pick out the monthly winner for "best new design", "best decoration", and so on. We can also let the BAHA recipients enter their BAHA hat pictures.  :D

Best wishes,

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Tamara

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2008, 09:19:49 am »
Steve,
  But whatever will those of you who choose radiation do???  Won't you be terribly jealous of our hats??? ;)

Tamara

7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

cindyj

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2008, 09:34:00 am »
So glad Debbi is on the other side of surgery and came through well!

As many here have said, tell Debbi we're thinking of her (and you, Willi).

Now, will the "hat" thing help me make my treatment decision??  I'll be looking for further displays to see if I think I need one.

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Mary 117

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2008, 11:44:17 am »
Congrats Debbie & Willie.
Now its time to regroup and recover. Lots of rest, time and peace. Keep going strong. It's an inspiration

Mary
2cm x 1.5cm AN, Middle Fossa, Dr. Brackmann  05/24/05
Mild hearing loss, mild facial weakness, no balance issues

"well behaved women seldom make history"

WAB

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2008, 12:50:21 pm »
Willie back again with the latest (2:35pm EST 5/1)...

Debbi continues to amaze us with her progress.  Huge difference in less than 24 hours.  Initially we expected her to be moved from "Recovery" to a room, but there wasn't a bed available so she stayed there all night.  In fact, we're awating her arrival in NICU (13th floor) as I type this.  Although there's a lot of activity in Recovery, most of which doesn't promote sleeping, I believe the care she's receiving is by far the best in any one area of the hospital.  She's experiencing some bobble-head-like sensations, but I imagine this will pass over time. 

The staff here is great and attentive and for those who will be following in Deb's footsteps, feel confident that you've made the right decision in choosing NYU.  And, for those who can't go a day without a jolt of Starbucks, the closest one appears to be at 33rd and 2nd, across the street from the Borders book store. 

Once we get Debbi into a room, I'll read to her all of your comments.  Go figure, you really can't get a pair of reading glasses on with the "hat." 

I continue to share your good thoughts with Debbi and it has brought her great comfort in knowing you're all out there cheering her on. 

Take care,
WAB

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2008, 01:13:56 pm »
Willie, thank you!!!!!!!  BTW, I'm a dunkin donuts type of gal! But, good to know about Starbucks!  Please hang in there! You're doing fab as well and thrilled you are keeping us updated.

Ok, since you will be reading this to Debbi later, here is my message to her:

"Ok, Debbi, we KNOW you were concerned about your hair, but as you can see, it really doesn't matter right this minute!  Bedhair is all the new "rage" in the NYC, France, Tokyo and Milan fashion circles! :)  Hang in there, I am SO VERY proud of you and congrats, you postie! You did it!!!  Huggles from your cursed cruise director, Phyl"

thanks again Willie. Please get some rest as well!
Phyl
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 01:17:18 pm by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"