Author Topic: Debbi Bifulco Update  (Read 113521 times)

jtd71465

Re: Debbi Bifulco Update
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 04:22:31 pm »
From Central Jersey to North Jersey..."you done good kid".  Welcome to the "other side", I'm glad all went well.  

Joe-
Right side AN removed 1/10/07 @ NYU Medical Center
Dr's Roland and Golfinos

Kaybo

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 04:46:48 pm »
YEA!!
Glad that is over & Ethel is GONE!!!!  Onward & upward!
 ;D
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 05:17:41 pm »
Can I get an AMEN!?!?  I'm so glad to hear Debbi is doing well.  Thanks for keeping us posted, Willi.  I look forward to more positive updates as I prepare for my own boogerectomy next Thursday!  :D

The bar's been set..the gauntlet laid... I'll keep the new streak alive and kicking!

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 05:21:26 pm »
SOOOOOOOO Good to get the updates. Thank you for filling us in. Sounds like she is doing well.

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 05:53:32 pm »
Thinking of you in Vancouver, WA and very happy that "things" seem to be going smoothly.  Major surgery isn't much fun, no matter how spectacularly successful it is, and my heart and prayers are with you, Debbi, and your family as you begin the healing process. 

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

oHIo

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 06:14:56 pm »
Thanks for the update.  Good wishes and prayers coming Debbi's way for a speedy recovery. 

elderbirds

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 07:18:46 pm »
Debbie
Welcome to "the other side".  Call me when you are ready to talk.  Our thoughts are with you for a speedy recovery.
Hope

LADavid

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 07:34:18 pm »
Hi Hope

Haven't seen you on the forum lately.  How are you?  I'm very sure you and Debbi will have quite a few noted to compare.  You started the month and she finished it.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Kaybo

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2008, 07:44:21 pm »
Hope~
I was just thinking about you today...how are you?

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Glenda

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2008, 07:48:19 pm »
Congrats Debbie on being on the other side!!  I am so glad you have come through the surgery well!  I will continue to pray that everything goes smooth and you heal quickly!  Thanks so much Willie for the updates to us, that is so thoughtful of you!

Praying for the rest of you who have upcoming surgeries in the next few weeks.  Brian, Kimberly, Trish, Ceci, and Melissa
and for those of you who are having radiation treatments also Claire and AJ    
I wish you all the best possible results in whatever treatment you have chosen!!  

Glenda
Diagnosed 5 mm AN  Jan 2008
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm
Nov 28, 2012 Mid Fossa Surgery Wake Forest Baptist Hospital-Winston-Salem NC, Dr John Wilson and Dr Eric Oliver

SSD tinnitus dizziness

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 07:56:01 pm »
Okay, Brian, I'll say it "AMEN".

I'm so glad to hear that Debbi is doing well - thanks to Willie for updating us again.

One postie down, many more to go  :)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 08:28:50 pm »
AMEN to that Amen also!  Great news about Debbi!  I told you we Jersey girls are tough cookies!!

Willie, thanks for keeping us posted!  Deb has become part of our "family" and it's nice to be kept in the loop!  Especially when it's good news!

Let's keep this good luck going with great results for everyone on their upcoming treatments.

DOWN WITH AN'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori
PS - if Deb's recovery would be helped along by a trip to Seaside this July - that's where I'll be!  It's good therapy to walk through the sand!!  We can compare scars.   8)
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 08:38:26 pm »
Willie,

Thank you!  Sending wellness wishes to Debbi and congrats on her being a "postie" (post-treatment).  Please give her healing huggles from me and onward and upward to wellness.

Great job, Debbi! We knew you'd do great!!! :-*

*runs off to wash pirate socks for next AN'er treatment -- need to check the AN Calendar*

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Denisex2boys

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 08:49:31 pm »
((((HUGS)))) and prayers - I hope I am only so brave as to walk into surgery - - if they EVER schedule it!!!!!  ARGH!  Thank you for the update and continued well wishes!
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

marymomof3

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 09:05:31 pm »
Thank you so much for the updates!  I have been thinking about Debbi all day and I'm so glad to hear the surgery was successful and that she's doing well.  Hang in there, you'll be as good as new soon!

Mary
Diagnosed Jan 21, 2008 w/1.8CM AN on left side.  Had is removed on March 19th at NYU.  And I am super grateful for such wonderful doctors!!