Author Topic: Did I open a whole new bag of worms??  (Read 10743 times)

ZigZagGal

Re: Did I open a whole new bag of worms??
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2008, 07:27:43 pm »
Brenda,
I am pretty new here and don't post often, but feel compelled to tell you how sorry I am that you have had such a rough time lately.   I thought it might help a bit to let you know that you are helping people you don't even know, in ways you can't imagine, just by being willing to share your experiences. I admire your strength, resilience, compassion and honesty. Thanks! 

In fact, to the whole "crew":
 I get so much from all of you strong, positive "wenches" (and 'lads') who are willing to share your life's tales with us shy "stowaways". 

So Brendalu, I am thinking of you, and hope that life cuts you a break real soon!   You deserve it!

Tracie
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world"
Gandhi

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2008, 07:47:07 pm »
Brendalu,
  a little late,  just returning to the forum after a bit of a break,  read through your thread.  My heart goes out to you and I am praying for strength for you as you continue your AN journey.  Keep on drinking that tequilla, maybe it will kill the dang thing.  Keep up the positive attitude.  your an inspiration to so many

HUGS
Patti ut
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

calimama

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2008, 02:34:53 pm »
Hi...

I am new here... and so might have this all wrong...
but is what you mean that you had the AN & surgery on the right side, but when you look at the original MRI the AN appears on the left side of the pictures???
My AN (and resulting hearing issues and tinnitus) is on the left side. But when the doc showed me the MRI scans, and when i looked at them myself yesterday (i just picked up the disc the hospital burnt for me) i see the tumor on the right side of the pictures. i just figure it's because the scans are not from the top looking down, but the bottom looking up (which would account for the reversal).
Could it be this simple?
Or did i not read the post very well? -- i said i'm new!
(or am I the one in big trouble!! - ha?)

Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2008, 02:47:12 pm »
Calimama,
When I fianlly got all the information in and more tests done, after almost three years and translab on a 3.5cm AN on the right side, I have a very small AN on the left side.  It was apparant when the first films were taken and no one said anything.  No reason, no excuses.  I don't think this happens very often.  Let's hope not.  Because the left side is small I am investigating all of my options and kind of in a wait and watch mode. 
I have a very strong will and a good attitude and I am taking each day at a time.  Also, in your case, read your reports that go with your MRIs.  I never did until I was unpacking recently and that's where the confusion for me began.  I hope this cleared up your confusion or at least didn't make you more confused!
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT