Author Topic: Wax on, wax off...which one are you?  (Read 9632 times)

cheza

• I must be strong, this thing is beating me
    • facebook
Re: Wax on, wax off...which one are you?
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 12:46:39 pm »

hey guys,

Can I just say  :o  WOOOH!, Don't go sticking stuff in your ears, no matter how careful you are it is so not a good idea, even if it itch's like mad don't give in, I would never stick anything in my ear, a friend of mine is a chemist and when I asked her about using some Q-tips she strongly advised me not to.

If you wish to get wax out of your ears this is what you do......

Do this at night before bed, Add a small drop (and I do mean small) of olive oil into the ear, get a cotton wool bud and roll it your hand and make it tear drop shape, mold this into your ear so its tight, go to bed and in the morning the wax should be on the cotton wool not in your ear.

the olive oil loosens the wax and the cotton warms it up so that it melts and runs onto the cotton wool, give it a try, you may need to do it a few nights at a time for the best results. 

hope it works for you, I use this method for my children.

XxX cheryl.  :-*
diagnosed 4th Oct 07 with a 3cm left acoustic neuroma,
surgery 9th Nov 07, age 30 at time of surgery,
total hearing loss to left ear, grade 6 facial palsay (getting better)
latest MRI shows regrowth on facial nerve.

Meagan

• Picture
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 04:16:37 pm »
take this....i had all kinds of csf leaks so they permanently closed my ear drum and took out everything....beat that :)  and my mom did warn me q-tips were bad....but i still use them :)
5 cms, Surgery Jan 3 2007

lori67

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 04:29:49 pm »
I do to... I had a teacher once tell us that the only thing you should stick in your ear is your elbow.   

I can picture you all now trying to stick your own elbow in your ear...  I think you'd have to be very flexible.

:D
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.