Author Topic: 3 years! :)  (Read 9151 times)

Lorenzo

3 years! :)
« on: November 15, 2007, 10:05:03 am »
Hi all,

Just to let you know: I had my three year consult here at Stanford. All is well. It shrank some more since last December, albeit just a little, and I shouldn't expect any more new symptoms nor any effects from it.

So this is it. No more MRIs until 2009, and the treatment is considered a success. It's now smaller then when I was diagnosed, which is great! Best result I could have hoped for!!

:)

Thank you Dr Chang, Stanford and all!!

Ciao, Lorenzo
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: 3 years! :)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 10:22:56 am »
Lorenzo,

I tried to find a really good English to Italian program and it wasn't quick enough.......I'll keep looking.  I wanted to say something really special to you because it is just totally awesome that you had such a great checkup!!!!!  I am so happy for you!!  I'm sure the MRI machines are very depressed ::)  They can't bang around your head for two years........how wonderful 8)

Hugs and good wishes,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 10:24:19 am »
YEAHHHH!!!! :)

I hope this does not mean you will be off the forum ... we still   ;) need you...

Thanks so much for posting a success story!

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Jan2

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 10:44:06 am »
Congratulations!  That is so awesome!

Desilu

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 10:46:28 am »
Hi Lorenzo,

It's always good to hear a great report! I have heard lots of good things about Dr. Chang and Stanford. I think you should celebrate in some way. Take yourself out to a fancy restaurant or treat yourself to a day at the spa, you deserve it! Best of luck in 2009.  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

lori67

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 11:59:00 am »
Yay!  Good news! 

I think you should take us ALL out to a fancy restaurant and a day at the spa to celebrate!  What are friends for?  Wouldn't want you to have to celebrate by yourself.   ;D
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 12:20:57 pm »
Desilu wrote

“Take yourself out to a fancy restaurant or treat yourself to a day at the spa, you deserve it! “

My understanding is that ALL Lorenzo has been doing since he landed here in the “excited states� has been wine tasting, enjoying restaurants and taking in the arts and cultural seen of the Silicon Valley… no doubt also surrounded by a crew of highly intellectual ANA women who went there to meet him. LOL

The question is “has he gone to Starbucks yet to SIT and notice that there is a lack of good quality art/photography books on their coffee tables?� People need to know there more titles out there than “How Starbucks changed my life�… LOL that precede an acoustic neuroma journey…

When you become rich and famous publishing that fantastic book of yours Lorenzo … (BTW everyone he IS a fantastic freelance photographer – not just the commercial stuff you see in magazines but art with substance, interest and aesthetically pleasing curiosity)… ;D

When you become rich and famous Lorenzo … don’t forget us little people on the ANA journey ship.

Such a success story you are! Congratulations!

Cheers mate,

P.S. In the “excited states� it is actually kosher to spit out wine
http://www.oregonlive.com/wine/oregonian/guide/index.ssf?/base/living/117933812822790.xml&coll=7

… Don’t know about spitting out coffee though (Blacht – still cannot stand the taste post-op) … maybe I could start a new and culturally acceptable trend. LOL.  :D I can see the headline written by someone from the Paparazzi    ;) “famous Italian photographer found in exclusive type-A personality Silicon Valley establishment, surrounded by ANA supporters, spitting out coffee! People are now questioning Gamma Knife treatment and what it actually does  ::) to patients!â€?  (LT Tease and a noogie  ;) :D)

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 01:11:59 pm »
Lorenzo,

the great news is that you definately have my CONGRATULATIONS! YAY!!!!!!!!!! FABULOUS NEWS!!!!!!!!!!

the bad news is.... I am exceptionally bummed you passed up the "good" coast for your trip.  Enjoy your stay out there.

*walks off sobbing  :'( for missing Lorenzo on this trip... but, still smiles with this great news, as there is hope for my CK treatment now as well  :)*

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 01:35:52 pm »
Yay, Lorenzo!  So happy all is well in Lorenzo-land.  Sounds like you had a wonderful visit to California (ya gotta say it like Arnold says it tho!).  And your great news check-up was the icing on the cake.  Wonderful.

Cheers to you, kiddo.

Sue in Vancouver WA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 01:43:12 pm »
Lorenzo,
You're not tooooooooooo far from Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brenda  (we have Star Bucks here too!)
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 04:05:04 pm »
You ARE  BUON FORTUNA !!!!!   Hope it rubs off on me for my upcoming surgery....     All the best Lorenzo,      Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 07:23:48 pm »
Hey Nancy,

We are rooting for you!

...And remember it is who you are on the inside that counts ... we don’t care about an asymmetrical smile or a symmetrical smile - so long as it is a genuine smile… which I can see you already have.

Cheers,

sgerrard

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 10:17:08 pm »
Congratulations, Lorenzo. I am only 34 months behind you...

Steve

P.S. 1 lump or 2? Still laughing...
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 05:43:46 am »
Thanks 4 !!   The picture of me is 2 years pre-op (just before going river rafting in Iceland - I was 1 of 4 who decided to jump into the river at the end of the trip - well, acually, I was the dumb one who DOVE in & had to swim back to the raft !! - now I'm diving into surgery !) ; I won't have that big right sided smile but a Mona Lisa smile will do just fine.   Well, off to my last day at work - yesterday my co-workers threw me a 'goodbye' lunch, with one of my favorite foods - oxtails!
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 06:48:48 am »
Lorenzo,

I would like to join everyone above in congratulating you on your successful report.  This good news certainly has set you free--enjoy your life!  Cheers!
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear