Author Topic: 3 years! :)  (Read 9153 times)

Dealy

Re: 3 years! :)
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 07:50:52 am »
Lorenzo- Just Greast News. I am so happy for you. I bet it feels great to feel that this thing is dying and will stay that way once and for all. Please do not leave this forum-we need your input ever once in awhile. You are always one of those on MY SPECIAL PERSON list. Nancyann-good luck for you also. As for me-my TN has subsided now for over 3 weeks-I feel like a new person again. Take Care all-Have a good day. Ron

fbarbera

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 12:09:03 pm »
Auguri, Lorenzo!!  Thanks for all your support on this message board.   

Lorenzo

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 08:20:09 pm »
Wow. Gulp. Geeees, guys... stop, I'm blushing!  :)  Me? Leaving this forum? Are ye kidding??  I have no intention of leaving! I like it here. And Phyl, the east coast is going to be on our itinerary at some stage no doubt, just not this time. A direct flight was a lot easier.

By the way, I might be a bit on the quiet side here for a while, until end of December sort of while, we're still here until then! THAT is our celebration, a good long trip in CA until then. So, wine, sure, spa, possibly, restaurants galore, probably lots of coffee, and culture until we're sick of it. Should do us for two years of neglect at the hands of this lump. Have been catching up with lost time for the past year, and am planning to continue! We only live once, we survived this one, now it's time to get going!!

I'll check in from time to time.

Again, thank you ALL so much for the kind messages. Big HUGs to you all collectively.

Oh and Steve, no lump for me, just black.

Ciao

Lorenzo  :)
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.

Jackie

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 09:00:11 pm »
Hey Lorenzo,

Fantastic news!!! So so happy for you!! I am still doing the watch and wait thing! I won't have an MRI now until a year from now, since I have had 3 of them since Feb. 07. They found a small Meningioma on the opposite side from my AN! I thought it was NF2 but it's two different tumors, both benign, one rare one not! OMG!!! Just when the stress level was subsiding! Anyway, looking forward to getting good news like you, someday too!

Enjoy, and thank-you for all of your great information!
Jackie in Oregon
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2007, 09:01:27 am »
Lorenzo
Congrats!!!!! I'm soooo happy to hear the good news. Yes please dont leave us....It wouldnt be the same without you. My appointment will be made when my dr. gets back from vacation 11/29 then I'll know when I'm going in to have CK. I would love to go to Stanford and have dr. Chang do it but I financially cant afford to do so. Well Lorenzo (BIG PAT ON THE BACK)!!!!!
Mindy

14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

Lorenzo

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2007, 09:49:04 am »
Hi Jackie, Sorry to hear about the meningioma! Wow. ya, I think I'd have slight increased stress too!!! Well, I hope my good outcome story will help others like you if they are thinking CK.

Hi Mindy, thanks. I'm sure your docs there will do just as good a job. In the end with CK it's not just a case of experience. Once they are well trained (and most of them are trained at Stanford in the use of CK, as far as I can see) they will know how to handle cases. Good luck with it, it'll be fine, you'll see.

Ciao, Lorenzo  :)
doing great now.

tdworkin

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2007, 12:13:06 pm »
Hooray! for you, Lorenzo.
I can suggest some great outdoor spots for you to explore while in the San Fran/Palo Alto area. Having just returned from my first visit with the Chang Gang at Stanford, I have these wonderful memories fresh in my mind... Have lunch at the Paper Moon in Half Moon Bay, then go walk the beach there. Or drive down to Pinnacles National Park (about 2 hours from Stanford) and hike the trails- do take a flashlight, though, if you want to explore the cave!  Visit the Natural Bridges State Beach with the Monarch Butterfly Preserve. There you'll see the hundreds of thousands- maybe millions- of monarch butterflies wintering NOW in the eucalyptus (look up!) trees; drive down toward Carmel through the 17 mile scenic loop at Pebble Beach. Check out Point Lobos State Reserve for some outstanding Pacific coastline with abundant wildlife and, of course, nothing tops the Big Sur drive for majestic beauty.
Now, I suppose I sound like a member of the mid-California travel bureau- but I just LOVE this area and have been fortunate enough to visit several times. Having traveled all over the world, this IS my favorite shore line any where.
Having something wonderful to celebrate as you do will make this natural beauty of nature even MORE awesome to see.
Enjoy, Lorenzo, and have a safe journey home.
Best of health to you!
T

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2007, 12:58:12 pm »
Hey my coffee buddy,

I love the colour black.  I wear black almost every day.  Be it undergarments, clothing, fall jacket, pants, jeans, skirts, sweaters, blouses, jewellery or winter coat.  I love the colour BLACK!!!

With my complexion black and jewel tones suit me best. so a black lump or two never hurts any one.  Great news!!!  Black is wear it's at!!!

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

kat

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2007, 08:41:29 am »
 Hi Lorenzo

Great to hear your good news !!!  You certainly have cause to celebrate !  I had to visit my GP a week ago just to remind
him that I need my 3rd year MRI in the next couple of months since all my future plans depend on it . Last time I had to wait
6 weeks to get the results and this time all our future plans depend on the result since we are retiring shortly and want to spend
much more time travelling by land and sea.  I am feeling fine but since my AN has been fairly boring with very few symptoms I
often wonder just how big it would have to get before I would get any really significant symptoms .  I try not to worry too much about it but as the time of my next MRI gets nearer I do have the occasional wobble .

Regards Kat
2.2 cm AN diagnosed July 2004 . GK at  the Royal Hallamshire
Sheffield UK in April 2005 2nd MRI in December 06 showed signs of the AN shrinking and MRI in FEB 08 showed no change . SO FAR SO GOOD .

Lorenzo

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2007, 08:54:00 am »
HI Kat,

Thanks, celebrating we are indeed!  :)  You say that you have no symptoms, and that the tumour shrank as per your MRI of last December. I think it's unlikely that it will cause any symptoms at all at this stage. If your tumour shrank and you had no symptoms by now, I would think that you'll be spared any. I bet it continues to shrink and it'll show that on your next MRI.

So, travel and have a great time now, no point waiting! Or at least, only wait until you're retired, then go for it!!!!

Ciao, Lorenzo

PS My hospital in Ireland nearly sent me to Sheffield for GK right before I traveled to Stanford for CK.
doing great now.

ToneControl

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2007, 11:32:10 pm »
Congrats, Lorenzo!

Glad to hear about your results.  Thanks so much for you and Kathleen taking the time to meet with me.  I appreciate all the thoughts/text messages/conversation.  Enjoy the rest of your time in CA.  Keep in touch!

- robert

1.0cm AN, diagnosed July 2007.  Treated Cyberknife at Stanford Nov. 14-16 2007, Dr. Chang, Dr. Soltys.  -  42 year old audio engineer, 15 dB PTA loss, 100% SDS, tinnitus at time of diagnosis.  Now we wait and see...

neal r. lyons

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 07:34:23 pm »
Way to go Lorenzo! Congrats from Neal!
AN 2.6X2.0X2.8 (right side)                                           June 22, 2007
House Ear Clinic/St. Vincent's Hospital@ Los Angeles, Ca.

Translabyrinthine(5 1/2 hr.):  Dr.Brackmann-neurotologist    Dr.Schwartz-neurosurgeon    Dr.Kutz-incision@stitches    Dr.Stefan-internist

cookiesecond

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2007, 04:54:41 am »
Lorenzo,
It is so good to share your great news. Congratulations!!! Have a wonderful trip. You deserve it!
Take care of yourself and have a great journey,
Lynn

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 07:19:08 am »
Wonderful news Lorenzo!

Congratulations! ;D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

candtlaw

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 02:55:41 pm »
YEAH! that is really great news.
Cyndi
post CK for AN 1cm 04/30/07

Loving my life today :)