Author Topic: 1 year post-op MRI today  (Read 6869 times)

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
1 year post-op MRI today
« on: August 13, 2007, 05:58:42 am »
Well, actually it's 11 months today since my surgery but I didn't want deal with it at the same time we're getting my oldest used to the school bus and Kindergarten.

So it's off to Boston and a visit with McKenna this afternoon.  Keep me in your thoughts, and I'll let everyone know how it goes.  I'm expecting to hear the tumor is still all gone, but am still a bit nervous.

Thanks!  Happy Monday!
Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: 1 year post-op MRI today
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 06:15:27 am »
I can't believe it's almost a year?!?!?   :o  It actually feels like yesterday that you had your surgery... time flies, eh?

I know your appt is going to go real well... and sending you MASSIVE huggles, knowing it's going to be nothing but terrific news all the way around.....

Good luck today... although... I have a feeling it's going to be a great day for you! :)

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 06:37:20 am »
GOOD LUCK KATIE - hoping for an EMPTY MRI - well, you know what I mean...   I wanted to wait another year on the MRI (didn't want to know), but decided to go ahead & get the one year done too.  Waiting on the auth from my PCP.  Putting out good thoughts,   Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Betsy

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 09:06:46 am »
Hi Katie!  I'm adding my wishes for a nice trip to Boston and a beautiful clear MRI!!

Betsy
15mm left side AN, diagnosed 4/25/07, radiosurgery via Trilogy 8/22/07.  Necrosis & shrinkage to 12.8mm April 2009

pattibobatti

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 09:22:31 am »
Good luck to you today! I hope you have great news..... I just wanted to tell you that I just had my MRI and the radiologist faxed the results to my doctor the same day. I wonder if that can be the same scenerio for you.  The waiting isn't fun.

Please let us know !!

Pattibobatti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'

Featofclay

• February, 2011
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 09:36:23 am »
Katie,
Sending good vibes your way and hope you get an "all clear" MRI report.  Prayers and huggies also coming your way.
Jean
Diagnosed 12/19/06; 1.7 cm x .8 cm right side
Retrosigmoid 2/16/07 @ House Ear Institute
Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz & Dr. Michael Stefan
Excellent results

krbonner

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 03:53:19 pm »
Thanks for the wishes, everyone!

I had my MRI at 11am at Mass Eye and Ear this morning, and met with Dr. McKenna at 1pm.  He does a "wet read" so I get the results right away.  And I'm all clear!  Yay!  Not a single glowing spot anywhere to be found.  Next MRI isn't for 2 more years.  That makes me a little nervous, but he's really confident that there's nothing there to monitor.  And I know he'll be available to talk if anything changes in the meantime. 

Mass Eye and Ear also got a whole brand-spanking-new MRI suite since the last time I was there in October.  It's much nicer, and now befits an institution of their caliber.  And they finally caught up with the rest of the world and can play music at you during the MRI now!  Thank goodness.

;D ;D ;D

Katie
diagnosed June 2005

tatianne

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 04:19:05 pm »
amazing news Katie, Im thrilled for you.
You know what, just be happy and healthy, in one year 11 months and three weeks let yourself thingk about it but until then ENJOY !!!
Take care
Tatianne
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......

Lamsue23

• My "Magic AN Scarf" l day after surgery!
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 05:17:26 pm »
Katie, great news.......what a relief for you.  It feels good to hear some good news for a change.  Again, glad to hear the great news.

Sue/NH
SueL/from NH
Retrosigmoid Surgery 8/6/2008 DHMC, Lebanon, NH 7.5 hrs.
Dr. Erkmen - neurosurgeon
Dr. Morrisson - neuro-ostology
Loss of hearing 70% in left ear.
Vision and Balance issues...Taste!!

Obita

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 06:12:36 pm »
Hi Katie and congrats to you!!

I can't believe it has been 11 months since your surgery.  I checked your carepages site 5 times a day back then.  I especially remember your first picture post op.  You looked great and sailed through surgery as good as anyone can.  You truly are an inspiration to all.  Thank you for your posts.

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

jerseygirl

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 07:43:33 pm »
KAtie,

Congrats on your "clean" MRI !

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

krbonner

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 07:56:23 pm »
Thank you everyone for the support and kind words.  I am overwhelmed with all the positive energy!

The other good news today is that the hearing in my non-AN ear is now back to exactly where it was before the surgery.  (It was somewhat decreased at my last hearing test a few weeks post-op - probably because of swelling and fluid retention in my skull.)  This is a big deal to me because I do also have a slight hearing loss in my "good" ear due to ear drum replacement surgery I had when I was 6 years old. 

Now to focus on getting my 5 year old ready for Kindergarten (he has a hard time adjusting to new situations).

;D

Katie
diagnosed June 2005

Lisa Peele

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 08:13:08 pm »
So glad to hear of your good news, Katie!  Won't it be nice to get to focus on school starting, etc.?  Kindergarten is a big deal...I'm glad you can be there fully for your little guy now that you know your tumor is long gone.  CONGRATULATIONS!  Enjoy each and every moment of the next few weeks.  This is a special time & Life is precious...
Lisa Peele, 38
Dublin, OH
4.3 cm X 3.3 cm (right)
Translab.
House Ear Clinic (Friedman and Hitselberger)
June 14, 2004

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 06:31:27 am »
YAY Katie!!!!!  You have nothing in your head!!!!!!!!  ;D ;) :-*

*runs like heck!*

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

pattibobatti

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 10:37:45 am »
Hi Katie,

What great news you have!! Good for you.  I does feel great to get that news, doesn't it????

I wanted to tell you that I will be thinking of you this week with your son, too.  Now you are doing exactly what you should be doing...taking good care of him.  All moms know and remember the first day of school for their children.  I think in some ways it is just as hard on the moms and dads!!

I remember that I did get my son all settled in his new classroom and he seemed fine.  Well, I wasn't fine and had to peek in the window one more time.  He saw me and started bawling.....His teacher was thrilled with me. 

Have a wonderful time with your son.  They are bessings!  It would be great if you posted a picture of him on his big day!!!

Pattibobatti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'