Author Topic: 1 year post-op MRI today  (Read 6868 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 1 year post-op MRI today
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 11:49:02 am »
Hi, Katie:

Just popped in to offer my sincere congratulations on your 1-year MRI that showed no tumor growth.

I had my 1 year MRI in June and had a similar result; shrinkage and necrosis.  I'm happy to learn of other AN patients who are experiencing similar (good) news.   

I hope your son is adjusting to Kindergarten.  I had a little difficulty with it (so I'm told) so we placed my son (an only child) in pre-school classes to help him become acclimated to the social setting he would experience in Kindergarten.  It worked pretty well and he did O.K., but not without a few small dramas, which were expected.  23 years later, he's a fine, well-adjusted young man.  Don't worry too much, just do the best you can to help your boy adjust to the big world.

Again: congratulations.   ;D

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 12:13:41 pm »
**taking heaving breaths having unsuccessfully tried to chase down Ms. Phyl**

Again, thank you for all the kind words.

As a side note, I took my son to visit his new classroom today.  He's been in preschool for 2 years now, and thrived there, but that was a different school.  He feels much better now that he knows what it looks like.  Next week, he'll get to meet his teacher.  (Schools here in New England don't start until after Labor Day.)  He's very ready for school, and I have no doubt that he'll do really well - he's just one of those kids that feels a lot of anxiety over every little change - just like my husband does!   ;D

I'll post pictures of the first day of school.  My 2 year old is starting preschool for the first time, too, so it's a double-whammy on my sensitive mommy-heart!   :-\

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

ellenvig

• My AN
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 08:51:26 pm »
Congratulations!!!!  Good luck to the boys, and their Mommy!

Ellen
2.3cm AN diagnosed 6/13/06.
Gamma Knife 9/22/06.
Dr. Greorg Noren, Providence RI.
http://savyon.com/ellen/AN.htm