Author Topic: Hi from hospital - 50 some hrs post surgery  (Read 3528 times)

zjane

Hi from hospital - 50 some hrs post surgery
« on: June 29, 2007, 07:39:37 pm »
they got the whole tumor out with huge difficutly, 5 hr surgery. lots of stickiness from the radiation.  anyhow they mananged the preserve my facial nerve.  I have some weakneess on the side now but they expect a good recovery.  I have no nausea, have been doing some walking. even took  a shower just now. 

some pain yesterday because I ddn't know I had to ask for pain med. so it got bad but now i'm staying on top of it!.  bandage is coming out tomorrow and they are thinking about discharging me tomoorow. I'm going to b eg to stay another day.

Thanks os much everyone for your support finally i'm on the other side of the journey. 

Also Ellen had her AN surgery yesterday i said hi to her and her hubby, she's having some pain today like i did yesterday but she looks really good.

Thanks again everyone.

p.s. Drs. Wiet and Kazan performed my surgery, Battista and Kazan performed Ellens.   Everyone @hinsdale hospital has been sooo nice.

okay post is getting long hubby's telling me to sign off. more updates later. thanks everyone!
right side AN found Nov 04 1.0x0.7
FSR Cabrini - Dr. Lederman 5 sessions Nov 05 1.4x1.0
Translab Hinsdale Hospital - Dr. Wiet / Dr. Kazan Jun 07 2.3x1.2 (CSF leak, lumbar drain)

2yr Post-Op MRI Apr 09 Clean

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Hi from hospital - 50 some hrs post surgery
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 07:55:25 pm »
zjane:

Thanks for the  update and congratulations on reaching 'postie' status!  Sounds as if you did pretty well, all things considered (except for the headaches). 

Now, get some rest - and get back to us when you're feeling stronger.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

stein78

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 02:19:46 pm »
Good to hear from you Jane!  Sounds like surgery went well all things considered.  The worst is over, it only gets better from here!
29 years old
2.5cm AN - left side
Removed May 10th, 2005
Dr. John Leonetti & Dr. Douglas Anderson
Loyola University Medical Center
Chicago, IL

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 11:38:03 pm »
Best wishes...every day is a day away from surgery, keep counting!
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

kss4luck

• 2.1 cm removed translab 5/4/07 Dr Jung/Clark RCH
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 02:26:04 pm »
Congrats Zjane!!! glad to hear form you.

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 07:37:42 pm »
Zjane,

I hope you have a speedy recovery.  Great news on the facial nerve!

Gary

Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

neal r. lyons

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 07:21:19 am »
Very encouraging news-Congratulations Jane!  You be sure and take it easy!  Best wishes- Neal
AN 2.6X2.0X2.8 (right side)                                           June 22, 2007
House Ear Clinic/St. Vincent's Hospital@ Los Angeles, Ca.

Translabyrinthine(5 1/2 hr.):  Dr.Brackmann-neurotologist    Dr.Schwartz-neurosurgeon    Dr.Kutz-incision@stitches    Dr.Stefan-internist

Carol

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 01:31:53 pm »
Congratulations ZJane,
I had no idea your surgery was that imminent. I'm very relieved to hear about your positive outcome as I may have to have surgery in the future - my AN is not responding to the FSR I had 6 months ago.
Thanks for sharing your story,
Caryl

Obita

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 07:27:43 pm »
Welcome to the other side zjane!!

Keep us posted and take it real easy. 

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines