Author Topic: Thank you, everyone  (Read 2273 times)

Princess

Thank you, everyone
« on: July 03, 2007, 09:26:08 am »
Good Morning Everyone,

As it turns out I do not have AN.  My MRI is clear.  I just happen to have all of the symptoms of AN, without AN.  I am grateful that I will not have to go through some of the treatments and experiences some of you have been through.

I am very grateful for the support and information I received from the members of the forum.  You have been wonderful.  I will leave the group so as not to intrude, but I leave with a greater understanding of AN and AN-like symptoms. 

I am in the process of finding ways to manage my teeeeeeeeeee.  So far the methods have fallen short. 

I wish all of you well, and thank all of you again!

Princess

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: Thank you, everyone
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 09:58:33 am »

it seems that only the "lucky" few get AN's ... I had a close friend who even went with us (my wife and me of course)  to House ... a year later... ask me what the symptoms were .. and she had them all !!  :o  .. had a MRI done (with contrast) and it was clean ! turned out to be some sort of infection. (she never told me ... but I would assume it was a little scary for her --- since she knew what I went thu !)
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 12:55:20 pm »
Princess:

I was pleased to learn that you don't have an acoustic neuroma tumor, after all.  We have a large enough 'membership', as it is.   ;)

Seriously, we all wish you the best as you move forward, knowing that your symptoms are not AN-related. 

Take good care of yourself and our hope remains that you'll be able to find - and correct - the source of your symptoms, soon.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 01:30:27 pm »
Congrats on being AN Free!  I hope your symptoms subside, or heck...just go away all together. 

Best wishes to you,

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Obita

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 09:05:13 pm »
Wow Princess!!!  I am so happy for you!!!

This was very unexpected good news.  Good luck to you.

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines