Author Topic: Looking for more info about support Group Meetings.  (Read 2737 times)

Dan

• Dan in Germany
Looking for more info about support Group Meetings.
« on: July 02, 2007, 03:53:30 am »
I live in germany but I'm going to be in central Illinois from 19 Aug.-14 Sept. 07.  I found that there are support groups in central Illinois, West Chicago, and St. Louis Mo. but haven't seen any info on if they will be meeting in this time period.  If there are meetings in this time frame anywhere within a 200 mile radius from Lincoln Illinois, I would greatly appreciate the info.   

Dan
US Army Retired, age 51,  residing and working in Germany.
Retrosigmoid 21 Sept 07 left side 1.76cm AN, Prof. Mann, Uniklinik Mainz Germany

Obita

Re: Looking for more info about support Group Meetings.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 06:44:45 am »
Hello again to you Dan in Germany -

You can write to ANA by clicking on the Acoustic Neuroma Association logo at the top right.  It will take you to the support group link.  You can send an email to them and they will send you info about the Central Illinois support group leader etc...

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Sam Rush

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 09:38:17 am »
Forgive me for changing the subject, but how did they measure 1.733 cm. on your AN. ??
1 cm AN translab, Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Schwartz, Dr Doherety HEI   11/04   Baha 7/05

Dan

• Dan in Germany
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 10:55:40 am »
Sam,
When I had my MRI done I had a CD and about 100 printed out pictures within 15 min.  The Radioligist pulled up a digitalized picture of the tumor and enlarged it on his computer screen, and then measure it the same way they mearure babies with an ultrasound.  With a crosshair he clicked the mouse on one side then the other of the tumor and the computer printed out on the picture 17.33mm.  I know that the MRI isn't that acurrate but thats what it says on my brain picture.   
                                                                  Dan
Retrosigmoid 21 Sept 07 left side 1.76cm AN, Prof. Mann, Uniklinik Mainz Germany

Sam Rush

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 11:12:46 am »
Interesting,   are you going to have treatment in Germany?  Is there any specific info you need from a support group?

This site is like one big support group, and can usually answer any questions or point you in the right direction.
1 cm AN translab, Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Schwartz, Dr Doherety HEI   11/04   Baha 7/05

Dan

• Dan in Germany
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 11:35:10 am »
Sam,

Yes, I will have treatment done hear in Germany.  I work for a German company and am insured here.  I'm still not 100% sure what I'll do for treatment but I'm leaning in the direction of surgery.  A Prof. Dr. Dr. Mann in Mainz Uni. Klinik has done hundreds of AN OP's and does them twice a week.  I put my name on his OP schedule for
21 Sept 07.  The ENT's that work for him say he has a great track record for saving hearing and facial nerve. 

Dan

Battyp

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 12:10:57 pm »
dan so you mean your an measured 17.33 mm not 1.733 right?

Dan

• Dan in Germany
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 12:18:46 pm »
Yes, my AN is 17.33mm or 1.733cm
                              Dan