Author Topic: First Follow-Up MRI  (Read 5057 times)

Dani

First Follow-Up MRI
« on: April 19, 2007, 01:42:23 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I now have my 6 month follow-up MRI (the first since I found out) scheduled for this Monday, April 23rd, in the afternoon at 1:30 p.m, . Pacific Standard Time (daylight savings time).  Just wanted to let you all know that.  I'm pretty nervous about it because of this being my very first since the original one I had 6 months ago and I'm just hoping there is no growth at all......or maybe if I'm really fortunate like a few it will have shrunk.  Thank goodness for Valium......I'm pretty claustrophobic, so it really helps me get through it.

Dani, the newbie
Oakridge, Oregon
65 year old female
1.27cm, Diagnosed September 2006
Deaf in right ear, some tinnitus, numbness on my face close to my ear Currently "Wait & Watch", per doctors advise
If & When I need to have something done I've pretty much decided on GK.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Re: First Follow-Up MRI
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 02:19:37 pm »
Hi Dani,

Hope all goes well.  Can you find an Open MRI in your neighborhood?  That would help you.  You can shop around for MRI's and not go with the one your doctor suggests.  Took me awhile to figure that one out!

I'm grateful that closed MRI's don't bother me.  I do feel like I'm being put into a torpedo tube and will be shot out of the other end however!   ;D

Good luck with your MRI.

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 04:33:45 pm »
Hey Dani: hope you survived the MRI! And keep us updated on your progress- Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

Dani

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 07:58:52 am »
I did survive my MRI yesterday.  I took a valium that the doctor gave me about 1/2 hour before........so that relaxed me some.  When I went in they had a brand new MRI machine which was really nice.....it was much shorter, wider and lighter inside.  They also had earphones with music if you wanted to wear them.......of course I did, an opted for Country Music.  The MRI took just as long and my lower back was killing me before it was over....but on the plus side it's over.  I signed a waiver for a copy of my MRI which should be coming in a few days and also should have my results in not to long.  I will keep you posted on that.  Thank you so much for the ones that wrote back to me.

Dani
Oakridge, Oregon
65 year old female
Deaf in right ear, some tinnitus, numbness on my face close to my ear Currently "Wait & Watch", per doctors advise

Jackie

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 10:00:28 am »
Hi Dani,

I totally relate and am just a few months behind you! I was diagnosed Feb. 6th, with 1.9mm am in watch and wait mode too. Where were you thinking of having GK if and when it would be your choice?? I live in Oregon also! I will call in a few days to schedule my August MRI which will be my first follow up too! I will pray for the kind of results you want, ok??? BTW I am also very claustaphobic!!! Did you find this second one easier than the first??

Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

Dani

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 08:09:46 pm »
Hi Jackie,

There is a lady named Sue on this forum that went to the Gamma Knife Center in Portland.  She had really good luck there and apparently her AN is dying....so I think if I need to do this.....that is where I will go.  Where in Oregon do you live?  I lived in Portland for a few years and than moved to Eugene where I lived until about 5 years ago and at that time moved to Oakridge.  I know Eugene has a Gamma Knife machine at Sacred Heart Hospital, but it is really new and they haven't done many from what I hear.  I want to go somewhere that I know has a good track record.  

This second MRI was easier....knowing more what to expect.  The doctor did give me Valium again and I took one about 1/2 hour before the MRI and it really helped.  Also Oregon Medical Group has a new machine since the last time and it was a lot less intimidating.  Good luck on your upcoming MRI in August.

Dani
Oakridge, Oregon
65 year old female

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 09:10:35 am »
Hi Dani.... glad the "Vitamin V" helped you through the MRI.... always great to help curb the anxiety edge, if needed.

You are right.. .our dear Poet-Lorryette, Sue, up in Vancouver, WA, had GK last year (approx same time as my CK) and she's doing great!

Hey Sue, where are you? :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jackie

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 09:04:03 am »
Hello Dani,

Well, did you get results yet on your follow-up MRI?? I just got a notice yesterday of an up and coming meeting for ANers'support group at Providence St. Vincent. Think I will attend, it is Saturday May 19th at 1:00PM. I live in Beaverton, Oregon. I am on Kaiser HMO, BUT the good news is they do NOT do any of the procedures and if they did, I hate to say this on the air, I'd still go elsewhere! of course I must get it approved through them, but haven't investigated any of that yet. Thought I would gett he second MRI and then send them out to House and Stanford for comparisons and evaluations. I am anxiosly awaiting your great news, and will be thanking the power above for it!
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 06:41:25 pm »
Hello,

I'm here!!  Checked on Dani's thread, and I see you girls are talking about me again!  ;D  Jackie, if you ever want to talk with me on the phone, that would be fine with me.  Colllins30038@aol.com is my e-mail address and you can contact me there and I'll give you my phone number.  My computer isn't really very well, so I've been limiting my time on here, in case it decides to come crashing down on me.  I had GK at Providence but if you prefer to go the Cyberknife route, there is now one at Legacy Hospital in Salmon Creek over here in Vancouver.  I didn't travel to do my treatment. Many people love the facility at Stanford in California for GK/CK.  My experience was fine and it did what it was supposed to do, which is kill the AN, so I can't complain about anything in regards to Providence. Obviously, I'm partial to the radiosurgery route.  It worked for me.

Sue in Vancouver USA
Although a native Oregonian.
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Dani

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 07:56:40 pm »
Jackie,

I'm still waiting for the results on my MRI.  Seems to take forever, hopefully the first of the week.  I guess it's not that big of deal to the doctor, but it is to me........I'm waiting on pins and needles.  I will leave a post as soon as I know something.

Dani
Oakridge, Oregon
65 year old female

Dani

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 12:49:24 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Just got a call from my doctor on my 1st follow-up MRI..........NO CHANGE IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS!!!  Another follow-up MRI in 6 months.  What a relief, at least it's no bigger.  I haven't received my copy of the MRI yet.......and do want to see for myself.

Thanks,
Dani
Oakridge, Oregon
65 year old female