Author Topic: Connect with ANA Peer Mentors - available to newbies  (Read 151052 times)

Aaronb

Re: ANA WTT (Willing-to-Talk) List available to newbies
« Reply #135 on: April 28, 2022, 10:49:31 pm »
I had an Acoustic Nueroma removed in 2016. Prior to the surgery I was incredibly scared and felt an overwhelming sense of impending doom.

I didn't know about the ANA or any online forumns and anything I did read was super discouraging.

I'm writing this post to hopefully encourage some of you who might be in the same position I was.

Although life is a little different post op, I live an incredible life. I have three beautiful children and an amazing wife. I climb on roofs everyday for a living and run a very succesful biz with my brother. I can compete in recreational sports and my body has learned to adapt to life without that hearing nerve.

There are actual some advantages to one sided hearing. No more disturbances during sleep hours. Simply put good ear into pillow and dream away! lol

I do not go out to bars any more and thats also a blessing for me.

My face looks different but noone cares other than myself.

Dr Baskaya in Madison, WI performed the surgery and did a great job.

I wish anyone reading this nothing but hope and love. You got this! We can't always controll our circumstances but we can always control our perspective on the circumstances. Choose happiness!

Sincerely,

Aaron

donjehle

Re: ANA WTT (Willing-to-Talk) List available to newbies
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2022, 04:29:59 pm »
Thank you, Aaron, for sharing your story and making your first post!  That is helpful for others in the ANA Community.  Keep sharing your experience which is encouraging to all of us!
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.