Author Topic: Connect with ANA Peer Mentors - available to newbies  (Read 150473 times)

elw101699

Re: ANA WTT (Willing-to-Talk) List available to newbies
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2013, 02:03:27 pm »
Hi everyone....Just got Dx with AN about a year ago and have seen a radio oncologist and a neurosurgeon.  Im 46 and my lesion is small and the neurosrgeon said usually my case most people choose to zap with radiation, but I was wondering  if any one could share if they had this treatment and if they got any side effects months or weeks later and what were they.  Thanks Im glad I found this forum   steve

terisandler

• Radical Mystic
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2013, 06:07:25 pm »

Sometimes it's easier to speak on the phone vs. trying to type what you want to say.   I just wanted to share this with you all.

BTW, I am on the WTT list and if anyone needs my good ears, I'm always here for you (whether on phone, email, etc).

Hang in there all!
Phyl
[/quote]

I would love to have someone to talk to and I have not received the willing to talk list.   :)
3/25/13- dx 18x11x14 mm AN, hearing loss in right ear x 5+ years, 5 sessions of CK completed May 2013, now a "post toastie".  Follow up MRI 4/14/14 - 15x19x11 mm. Stable with some signs of necrosis.
 Yippee!

mandy721

« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2013, 10:00:28 am »
Hi Teri,

If you haven't already been in touch with the  ANA headquarters, contact them directly for the WTT list.  The office staff is incredibly helpful and a great source of information.  You can contact them by phone or email -  Phone: 770-205-8211 or 1-877-200-8211 (toll free)
Email:info@anausa.org

Miranda
Husband diagnosed 5/30/09 with 3.2cm right AN
Surgery at  Columbia Presbyterian 8/4/09
Platinum eye weight implant - 8/17/09
17 days in hospital and rehab
SSD, facial weakness, some tinnitus, headaches , balance and eye problems

Ned

« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2014, 12:37:27 pm »
Be glad to talk with anyone, just pm me.
2003   1.5cmX1,6cmx1.3cm
FSR Sara Cannon Cancer Center  Nashville
2006  1.1 cmX1.2cmX .9cm

KeepSmiling

• details about patient written by wife.
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2015, 08:32:35 am »
How can we get on the Willing to Talk list. My husband had Proton Therapy and he is willing to talk about his favorable outcome.  Thanks in advance for your reply.
12/O6/2O12: 1.5 cm lesion.Proton Therapy-July/Aug, 2013 Massachusetts General Hospital. 2/23/2018 MRI: 1. Small .5 cm x(AP) x .8 cm (TV) x .8 cm (CC )left intracanicular acoustic schwannoma) Completely deaf in one ear. Occasional tinnitus. Zero side effects.

ANA Forum Admin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2015, 12:38:27 pm »
Dear KeepSmiling,

Thanks for your interest in the Willing to Talk (WTT) list.  Interested applicants should contact ANA for a WTT packet and application forms.

Take care,

Melanie Hutchins
ANA Support Group/WTT Coordinator 

caryawilson

« Reply #126 on: April 19, 2016, 09:52:24 am »
The phone number, 1-877-xxx-xxxx, is NOT ANA.  The other number looks right.

Admin note:  1-877-200-8211 is the correct number to contact the ANA directly.  I deleted the incorrect number for security purposes.  CD
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 11:27:22 am by CHD63 »
4.5 cm, 17.5 hour modified retro surgery
John Hopkins: Lim / Carey
Complete Facial Paralysis
Facial Plastic Surgeon (amazing): Dr. Boahene

John Siwecky

« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2016, 05:07:35 pm »
Hi, just told needed surgery, headaches are severe! Do the headaches go away after surgery? My tumor is 3.5 cm.

Citiview

« Reply #128 on: October 04, 2016, 02:05:59 pm »
Hi
The willing to talk list is an actual list of patients willing to talk to you on the phone. If you call the Acoustic Neuroma Association office they will provide the list. You can call someone on the list who has had a similar experience and talk to them.
Sorry that you were recently diagnosed.
I don't know about the headaches, but there might be others who do.
Maybe post your question on another thread where people will notice it more.
Good luck.

Abetpds

« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2017, 09:07:33 pm »
Hi Melanie,
What is your phone number so I can call and talk. I have been just diagnosed with a large AN on the left and need an eat to listen so I can calm down.
Thanks
Regina

Moderator note: I have removed your phone number for your protection.  It is best to use the private message function to share contact information.  Clarice
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 05:47:24 am by CHD63 »

AL-Tcw

« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2018, 12:52:00 pm »
Hi, I am newly diagnosed with an AN a little smaller than yours & was wondering how things went for you? I hope well. 
Diagnosed 1/10/18 AN 3.2cm x 2.2cm
Translab 8/30/18 (Facial Paralysis) Cyberknife 12/18-20/18, BAHA abutment 12/28/18

juliacummins

« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2018, 03:20:27 pm »
I had an AN Suboccipital surger on 1/20/1995. I had facial nerve damage (regained almost all with helpo of Dr. John McEleveen in Raleigh, NC, after my surgery in Richmond, VA), hearing loss, an balance problems. 

I am wonering if after all these years as my health has declined to a dramatic effect on my life, I was wondering if my vagus nerve could have possibily been damaged; and if so, what type of surgeon do I contact?

Please note, i have a whole in my skull behind my ear that was never grafted or a metal plate inserted with screws and or rods. I have a whole in my head and whenI press on it, pain radiates through my brain.

I really need help because doctors do not seem to work together to solve problems. They never seemk to get to the route of the problems. My gut instinct never fails me an I am a Christian who believes God gives me these instincts for a reason.

Any help is appreciated.

Julia Cummins

Hitylo

« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2018, 08:24:07 am »
Hi
Am new on the liste and it's conforting to know that am not alone with a AN. Have ben diagnose by luck and my tumor is pretty big, 3.2cm by 3cm. Am supose to be operated soon wicht scare's me alot. i also have a particular situation i am pregnante and i haven't found much info yet on the effect of this event on the tumor the doctors think it might crow faster. Tirereviews

Thank you all for your time sharing your experiences.

julie
Hi,
I am new here also. Find this forum interesting to discuss many our issues.

Eardrops

« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2020, 09:18:44 pm »
Thank you.  Very kind of you to offer your time.
22/04/20 Diagnosed 19mm x 17mm x 16m right ear, 80%hearing gone, mild tinnitus, mild balance issues

CoopCrafts

« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2020, 07:12:18 am »
I am new to this and appreciate your advice.  Will call this morning.  My tumor if small and I feel the most sensible think to do is just get rid of it, but of course there are concerns.  I also have asthma....how will I react under general anethesia?  Recovery time?  Options?  So many unknowns.  How do I figure out the right answer?

Thanks,
Ida

Hi, Ida.  I'm a newbie as well and have a small tumor, only 3mm x 2mm.  I'm having balance issues, always feel somewhat drunk and sometimes have vertigo. I've stopped driving because turning my head makes me dizzy.  I'm with you in thinking that getting rid of a now makes the most sense, when I still have as much hearing as I'll ever have.  I wondered if anyone had an argument for or against for us?

Nice to meet you!
Sarah
Tiny 3mmx2mm Found 10/23/20
Dizziness, Wonkyhead, Vertigo,
Slight Hearing Loss, Tinnitus on Left
Future Mid-Fossa Before It Grows