Author Topic: Size of tumor increased and ventricles are larger  (Read 81 times)

UkulelesAreAwesome

Size of tumor increased and ventricles are larger
« on: April 16, 2024, 05:02:25 pm »
I'm grateful for any opinions anyone might have. I had gamma knife Aug 2022. My one year MRI in July 2023 showed a stable tumor at 1.6x1x1.1.  I developed mild headaches and facial twitches. I had an MRI April 2024. I met with doctors to discuss it today. The tumor is 1.7x1.3x.09 now. The MRI was done locally and the measurements differed. It also shows mild ventriculomegaly which could happen as we age or could result from increased csf pressure. Ventricles are larger. The tumor is resting on my brain now. I'm supposed to get another MRI in six months to measure the tumor and ventricles again. I was told the tumor could possibly decrease but they feel this is more than swelling and indicates growth. I will know more in six months. They said they can't be 100% sure because its been less than 2 years since GK. Has anyone experienced a  similar situation? I really don't want surgery. They told me it's
 common for the AN to swell three years but they feel its too large to only be swelling.