Author Topic: NE ANA Forum Gang brunch -- April 29th at Maxwell's?  (Read 29736 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
NE ANA Forum Gang brunch -- April 29th at Maxwell's?
« on: January 22, 2007, 12:39:18 pm »
Hi all,

Well, I do believe it's that time again to start our plan of attack at Maxwell's again! (Do you think Bill and the Omelet dude can handle us again?  Jane, which type bloody mary's are we going for?)

So, since we are approaching end January and we know Feb is tough (gawd forbid it snows), was thinking March. I know folks usually have things planned in advance, so figured I'd tickle folks on it now.

...and... if anyone is journeying to this fair corner of the country in March, oh, plu-eeeeeze let us know!  We'd LOVE to have you join us!

So, if you all have pre-set dates on your calendar for March, please advise now if:

1. What dates do not work
2. What dates do work
3. If you would like to attend?
4.  Does Maxwell's in Worcester work for you or if you want to change venue

Looking forward to the "Good Coast" brunch again all!  Can't wait to see you all!

Phyl
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 07:25:58 am by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: NE ANA Gang brunch -- it's that time again!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 01:19:51 pm »

uh oh ... I better check with the wife .. she made dates at "House" for a check up!! .. I might be in LA for a week !!
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

jcinma

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 05:41:11 pm »
Count me in yet again for the third good coast gathering!! The only Sunday as of right now that doesn't work for me is the first Sunday in March.  Here's to torturing the omelet guy and seeing a great group of people!
Thanks Phyl, you are truly an amazing social director,
Your partner in a bloody mary,
Jane
1cm AN removed (lost hearing) 11/96
3cm reccurrence debulked to preserve facial function 2/05
FSR 4/05
Mass General Hosp. Boston MA

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 07:46:47 pm »
So far I got's no weekend plans in March excepting the 31st (Easter Egg Hunt at my son's preschool!).  If we pick a date I can write it in and schedule everything else around that.   ;D

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

yoga52smh

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 09:28:04 pm »
Hi Phyl and gang,

I just signed up for Florida for a week, so the only Sunday not available is Mar 18, but can do any other. Hope to see you all. Take care,

Sue

::)

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 10:17:00 am »
Thanks all!  Thrilled to see some wonderful, familiar faces replying... and looking forward to more of the new AN forum gang joining as well.

Will track the dates noted thus far so we can narrow this down.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MLB57

Re: NE ANA Forum Gang brunch -- it's that time again!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 02:48:52 pm »
Howdy Doody everyone!!  March 11/25 or April 8/22 are good for me. Phyl--I saw a post by Paul that he'd be back from FL in April...  From a Dec post sounds like your "bugger" is shrinking away!! Geat!!! I have Feb 26 app't to see Dr Barker at Mass General--my UMASS Med MD wanted me to see him before I decide upon treatment for my re-growing AN. Looking forward to our brunch!!!  Mary
1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

MLB57

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 02:52:33 pm »
Hi Katie--how are you doing? How are those energetic tiny ones of yours? Great I hope!! Looking forward to seeing everyone again at Maxwell's--I have a Feb 26 app't to see Dr Barker at Mass General--my UMassMed MD wanted me to see him before I decide  upon treatment for my re-growing AN--Anyhting you can tell me about him will be appreciated!!!  Regards, Mary
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 07:33:14 pm »
That's right Mary, I won't be available until late April. Did you see that note I left you on Dr. Barker on the other thread?

Paul
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

krbonner

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 08:34:05 am »
Hi Katie--how are you doing? How are those energetic tiny ones of yours? Great I hope!! Looking forward to seeing everyone again at Maxwell's--I have a Feb 26 app't to see Dr Barker at Mass General--my UMassMed MD wanted me to see him before I decide  upon treatment for my re-growing AN--Anyhting you can tell me about him will be appreciated!!!  Regards, Mary

This has been a long, hard month and I'm physically and emotionally drained right now.  Nothing at all related to the AN, though.  But my boys are great, and give me reasons to smile every day.

I replied in the other thread about Dr. Barker (http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=2945.0). 

Take care!
Katie
diagnosed June 2005

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 01:31:42 pm »
Ok, Paul, we need dates you are returning so we can have you (and yes, this time, PLU-EEEEEZE bring Jody!) come along...

Katie, sending you BIG huggles! MAJOR big huggles! :)

To the rest of ya... can't wait to see you all! :)

Phyl

krbonner

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 05:12:26 pm »
Katie, sending you BIG huggles! MAJOR big huggles! :)

Thank you!! And a big thank you to everyone who has been so supportive over the last few weeks.  I'm taking the entire family back down to MD this weekend to see my mom - it'll be good for all of us to spend time together.

Though I need to remember to print off the conference call info so I can get there tomorrow night still...

Katie
diagnosed June 2005

MLB57

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 06:59:03 am »
 :)Good morning Phyl (our Organizer Extraordinaire!!) and everyone--Just checking on the NE Spring brunch update--wanted to let you know that April 22 is best for me but I could do another Sunday if necessary... 

All my best to everyone!!  Mary  ;D

Peanut

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 10:02:29 pm »
Phyl, o Cruise Director,

brunch dates:  if Saturday in March, the 3rd or the 10th, if Sunday the 4th or 11th

Peanut
3.5 cm AN total resection via suboccipital  April 2003 Barker & McKenna, MGH Boston one week, two weeks Spaulding Rehab
silicone punctal plugs in lower puncta for dry eye,
persistent post op head pain
Acupuncture, craniosacral treatments, Tramadol   200  reduced to 150, now 100mg. daily Feb 2007

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 03:59:47 pm »
*hip-check bump*  ow! :'(

Ok, folks, it's that time! Please re-confirm what works! I have an out of town guest during the weekend of April 15, so that day is not good for me.. any other is fine.

Phyl