Author Topic: NE ANA Forum Gang brunch -- April 29th at Maxwell's?  (Read 29696 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: NE ANA Forum Gang brunch -- April 29th at Maxwells?
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2007, 01:58:03 pm »
So, for April 29, we have the following... and...question... Maxwell's again?

Phyl
MLP57/Mary
jcinma/Jane (Belvedere bloody mary, dahlin? or will martini do this time?  :-* )
krbonner/Katie
Peanut
Joef

Crazykat/Paul, will you be back in town by then? If so, you know you got a ride with me. 

No word from ellenvig in a long time.... anyone else speak to her?

yoga52smh?  Shall I hold a seat for you? Would love to see you again! :)

Phyl
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 01:59:37 pm by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ppearl214

• Administrator
Re: NE ANA Forum Gang brunch -- April 29th at Maxwell's?
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2007, 08:08:21 am »
*hip-check bump*

ow! ;)

As I'm seeing many new folks that are posting that are local to New England, bumping this thread to see if they would like to join us for the brunch.  We always have such a fun time and learn so much from each other....

Brunch is April 29 at Maxwell's in Worcester at 11am.  $20 (give or take) included FULL brunch buffet with meat carving board and... our favorite omelet table guru (Gil) who is delicious to harrass, has been pre-warned of our reservation :D... price also includes a complimentary bloody mary or mimosa (yo, Jane, we did the bloody mary's last time... what are we going for this time? :) )

Here is a link for the Sunday brunch:

http://www.maxwellmaxine.com/Maxines/Brunch/brunch.html

Current list of attendees:

Phyl
MLP57/Mary
jcinma/Jane
krbonner/Katie
Peanut
Joef

Crazykat/Paul? ellenvig? Yoga52smh? folks?  Updates?

Phyl

« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 12:19:50 pm by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2007, 11:17:48 am »
Brunch is April 29 at Maxwell's in Worcester at 11am.  $20 (give or take) included FULL brunch buffet with meat carving board and... our favorite omelet table guru (Gil) who is delicious to harrass, has been pre-warned of our reservation ... price also includes a complimentary bloody mary or mimosa (yo, Jane, we did the bloody mary's last time... what are we going for this time?  )

Phyl
MLP57/Mary
jcinma/Jane
krbonner/Katie
Peanut
Joef
Crazykat/Paul (confirmed on email)

ellenvig? Yoga52smh? folks?  Updates?

Phyl

MLB57

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2007, 01:53:31 pm »
Hi everyone--I just e-mailed Ellen again--getting concerned--haven't heard from her--so, hopefully we will soon!!  ???

Looking forward to our brunch!!!   Regards, Mary

1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2007, 07:32:11 pm »
I just got a reply from Ellen (I had another of her personal email addresses in my files I tried) and she's planning on coming!  She just hasn't been around the forum much lately.

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2007, 08:10:37 pm »
Katie,

Thank you (and Mary) for trying to reach ellen for us. Please tell her hello and we'll see her at the brunch :)

Phyl

=============================================

Brunch is April 29 at Maxwell's in Worcester at 11am.  $20 (give or take) included FULL brunch buffet with meat carving board and... our favorite omelet table guru (Gil) who is delicious to harrass, has been pre-warned of our reservation ... price also includes a complimentary bloody mary or mimosa (yo, Jane, we did the bloody mary's last time... what are we going for this time?  )

Phyl
MLP57/Mary
jcinma/Jane
krbonner/Katie
Peanut
Joef
ellenvig

Yoga52smh? irish?   folks?  Updates?

MLB57

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2007, 08:32:10 am »
Hi Phyl--SO glad Katie was able to reach Ellen--and she'll be joining us!!!  I saw Sue (Yoga) a month or so ago and she said she'd see me at the brunch--I will try to reach her, however...

Going in to to see Dr Loeffler at Mass Gen today to discuss radiation options--after that I should be able to decide what I want--major concern is my facial nerve... as it was weakened from surgery in 2001.

Talk to ya all later!!   Regards, Mary
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2007, 09:49:27 am »
Mary,

GOOD LUCK TODAY! :)  Plu-eeeeze keep us updated on what he says

Thanks for the update on yoga... once I know it's confirmed (and I hope it is... would love to see her again!), I will add her to the confirmation list.

Phyl

yoga52smh

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2007, 06:31:27 pm »
Hi Phyl, Mary and gang,

Yes I will be going to the brunch. Sorry I haven't been on line, was in Florida for a week seeing family.  Great time there, only to come back and have a headache since yesterday. Ouch. But getting better.  Can't wait to see you all.   :D

Sue

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2007, 09:34:30 pm »
YAY Yoga! :)  Glad to welcome you home to *coff* snow (again! >:( ) and looking forward to hear about FL!

Updated:

Phyl
MLP57/Mary
jcinma/Jane
krbonner/Katie
Peanut
Joef
ellenvig
Yoga52smh

There are a lot of new faces here from the NE area... Irish and all... would love to have you join us!

Phyl

MLB57

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2007, 06:56:38 am »
Hi Phil and everyone!!

So glad to see we all can brunch together again!! And looking forward to meeting any "Newbie" to the get-together!!

I desperately need some input on my current dilemma--the 1 cm rt AN I had surgically removed Jan 2001 is re-growing  because it was not totally removed (contrary to my Operation Report) so anyway last Fall I had consulted w/Dr Noren in RI for GK and on the recomendation of my UMassMed Ctr MD met w/Neurosurgeon Dr Barker at Mass General (he said 10% chance of further damaging my facial nerve w/repeat surgery--didn't want surgery again anyway) who referred me to Dr Loeffler (Chief, Radiation Oncology) at Mass General. Dr Loeffler told me there is a FIFTY PERCENT chance of destroying my facial nerve w/one-shot treatment such as GK. He said if I hadn't ever had surgery GK would be okay but because my facial nerve is already weakened he recommends FSR (Fractionated ) w/Lineac--low dose, Mon thru Fri for 6 wks.

I was very unnerved (no pun intended) to hear GK could do this and e-mailed Dr Noren who promptly replied stating in his experience, since 1996 his GK treatments caused no facial weakness in all his AN patients, including ones like me who have had surgery and an already weakened facial nerve. (He HAD told me at the initial  consult my facial nerve wouldn't be harmed..) He said  he felt there was no need for the FSR but it would inevitably be my choice...

I live in Leominster and work in Worcester and I can do the 6 wks at Mass Gen if necessary, trying to work it around my work schedule or if I can't then I will have to take the unpaid Medical leave (which will be hard financially) ...  Dr Loeffler said the treatments are done 7 am to 7 pm.. Anyway tomorrow (Monday) I will call Janice who works for Dr Leoffler to ask if I can contact him via e-mail--I need to know where he has gotten his stats, etc.

I have the utmost repsect for Dr Noren who has been very gracious in his time and was  impressed w/Dr Loeffler who is also very confident and personable... But who do I believe???

Thanks for listening--I am upset as I had planned for GK later this summer so now I have to really rethink that!!!

Any input wouild be greatly apprecaited!!!  Regards, Mary

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2007, 08:04:28 am »
Mary,

Please call... you have my number in your Inbox here.

P

MLB57

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2007, 10:38:29 am »
Hi Phyl--Enjoyed our conversation!! Thanks so much for all the caring and advice----I'll let ya know what I learn!!

Regards, Mary  ::)

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2007, 06:29:59 am »
*bump*

1 month away folks....

Updated:

Phyl
MLP57/Mary
jcinma/Jane
krbonner/Katie
Peanut
Joef
ellenvig
Yoga52smh

There are a lot of new faces here from the NE area... Irish and all... would love to have you join us!

Phyl

Ellid

Re: NE ANA Forum Gang brunch -- April 29th at Maxwells?
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2007, 10:39:28 pm »
So, for April 29, we have the following... and...question... Maxwell's again?

Phyl
MLP57/Mary
jcinma/Jane (Belvedere bloody mary, dahlin? or will martini do this time?  :-* )
krbonner/Katie
Peanut
Joef

Crazykat/Paul, will you be back in town by then? If so, you know you got a ride with me. 

No word from ellenvig in a long time.... anyone else speak to her?

yoga52smh?  Shall I hold a seat for you? Would love to see you again! :)

Phyl

Include me on the 29th.  I wouldn't miss it for anything.

Lisa
Diagnosed 12/8/06 with 1.6 x 1.4 x 1.3 cm AN right side.  Currently on watch-and-wait with Dr. Michael McKenna, Mass Eye & Ear Infirmary, Boston.