Author Topic: Tony needs all your help PLEASE  (Read 9934 times)

antoinette

Tony needs all your help PLEASE
« on: December 19, 2006, 01:13:17 pm »
When Tony came back from his last GK treatment at Sheffield, he found that something was keeping him from posting to the ANA-forum. Explanation : he had been BANNED definitely from posting to us or receiving.
Judy, our list director was contacted and said something would be done. Meanwhile Tony tried to resubscribe and couldn't : he is banned for "life".
There must be a spam using his name which the system has banned, but it can't be Tony. Our Tony has always been the most perfect lister, no trivia, no abuses, he is a great friend and supporter.
Please HELP.
Anyway you see fit.
Thanks.
antoinette

Derek

Re: Tony needs all your help PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 02:47:33 pm »
Hi Antoinette...

Whilst I do not fully understand the antecedent circumstances relevant to your post re Tony, there was a post by Palace on 15th December in the 'AN Issues' section under the thread 'Note from Forum Administrator' whereby Palace appeared to have been temporarily banned from the forum in error and was reinstated with apparent assistance from Bev and the website Director, Judy.

Sorry if that sounds a trite trunkated but perhaps you could send an e-mail to Judy and bring the situation again to her attention mentioning the same problem re Palace as I fully agree with your thoughts and concerns re Tony.

Regards

Derek
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 02:49:39 pm by Derek »
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 03:28:17 pm »
same thing happened to Lorenzo..."mylump" originally.   I'm sure it's an oversight, please tell Tony to email Judy or the Forum Admin so that they can rectify it, I doubt it's on purpose!
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

antoinette

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 04:15:06 pm »
Contacting Judy was the first thing I did.
Her reply was fast but negative as what she could do to reestablish Tony's as a member.
Meanwhile attemps to resubscribe are bouncing back. He is banned. He can't subscribe ever.
Do it mean that he will have to change his originated address and his ID?
I wrote Judy again.
But you may have an idea how Palace and Lorenzo reetablished the connection.
Thanks for helping.
antoinette

Derek

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 07:05:14 pm »
I have sent an e-mail to Tony making him aware of our concerns relevant to his current membership situation and have asked him if there is anything that he would like me / us do on his behalf in order that his predicament can be quickly resolved and 'normal service' resumed.

Regards

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

Obita

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 07:07:42 pm »
I know zero about computers/internet stuff.......would opening a hotmail email account etc...work for Tony (If expect we needed an email address when we first came on) or does this site recognize his computer?  I just don't get it but it sounds like a MAJOR mistake.

Hi Tony and Happy Holidays.........hope to see you again soon, Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Obita

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 07:45:03 pm »
Thanks Bruce -

Now I get it.  What a pain.

This forum is my morning newspaper now.  If I got the boot, I would probably go through withdrawals.  ::)

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Derek

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 10:42:56 am »
Hi 'family'...

I received an e-mail response from Tony today who has indicated his concern and disappointment relevant to his apparent inadvertent aborted membership of the Forum and has asked me to raise the issue with the Website Director, Judy Vitucci.

Accordingly I have sent her an e-mail requesting that the matter be quickly resolved whereby Tony can hopefully re-join us in the very near future. I am presently awaiting Judy's response.

Regards

Derek

Derek

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 01:30:29 pm »
Update
----------

I received an immediate response from Judy who has indicated that she is doing everything possiible to sort the matter out but she is experiencing problems obtaining essential info that she has requested from Tony and Antoinette.

I have sent Tony a further e-mail outlining the info that Judy has requested and I am awaiting his response in furtherance of hopefully getting Tony back on board.

Regards

Derek

antoinette

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 03:43:05 pm »
To Judy, last Saturday, I had sent a forward copy of Tony's last post before he went to Sheffield, that way she would have been able to access all the posts emanated from him and assure that no spam were in it. This is such a great feature of this list system.
She replied later that she couldn't open the attachment, so this was the "difficulties" of getting the info needed. But tony's address was in the previous post, and it never occured to me that another username was being seeked as, to me, Tony is the name and the username.
So Dereck, I had done what was demanded.
On the phone Tony expressed his joy at being reinstated soon, but perhaps not before I leave for Xmas.
Meanwhile he is quite happy with the treatment he will tell you all about this, though he had a few days of fatigue as if he was getting a cold. But it is now over.
Thank you all for your help and support, I believe he left Dec. 16. So, his initial being T.W. his case was a day after Lorenzo and Palace.
I am well protected against spam but almost too well as some important posts are not recognized and end up in the trash with the hundreds of spam per day. So back to stamps and envelops and trips to the post office for anything important.
Merry Christmas and have a wonderfull Holliday time. Tony will be back soon.
antoinette
Watch & wait, since early 1992
diagnosted 1997 1.5cm now 3 cm
weak heart better to keep it.

tony

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 04:00:27 pm »
Well - with some amazement I am here...
a bit 1984 (or the X-Files ???) I can tell you
I would say George Orwell was right
- he had`ent heard of the internet
but believe me - you can become an "un-person"
sooner than you might think.....
Anyway thanks to everyone for your help
Two thoughts cross my mind
1) are there any other missing persons maybe ?
and 2) I dont think the spammers are quite beat yet
meantime
best regards
Tony

Derek

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 04:05:44 pm »
Hi Tony...and wlecome back to the fold after your 'Orwellian' experience!

Regards

Derek

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 07:02:46 pm »
Good grief, Tony. What a story.  So glad you are back!  You are a blessing to this community and to have this resolved is also a blessing.  Wow...that's an amazing story. 

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

flier58

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 07:18:56 pm »
Hi Tony,
Good to have you back.
Flier58

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 07:42:51 pm »
HI Tony,
  Wleocme back.  This forum would have a huge void without you.  How are you feeling after your treatment??

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year