Author Topic: sunken surgery site  (Read 1960 times)

marvin65

sunken surgery site
« on: June 19, 2018, 02:06:14 pm »
Hello everyone,  did anyone observe that the surgery site sunk a bit.  It is a bit lower than the surrounding area.  Although I feel no pain.
I am almost 8 months post translab.  Initially it was not that way. I just notice it these couple of months. 
Could that fat that was used shrunk a bit ? Has been wondering  these for sometime.

Zan

Re: sunken surgery site
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 07:03:54 pm »
I have a bit of a dent on that side. I have long hair, do I don’t know exactly what it looks like. I have noticed that my ear on my surgery side is lower now. I had to buy some little silicone tabs for my glasses so that they land straight on my face. Lol.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 03:33:07 pm by Zan »

JLR

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 05:11:05 am »
I'm 18 months post op with continued facial issues and yes a big dent at surgery site. I had CK initially 8 years ago but the tumor contained to grow and ultimately removed. I had straight wavy hair but in the last month or so I now have very very tight curly hair. Anyone else have that problem. Thanks. Joan

Abetpds

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 03:56:04 pm »
Those of you 18mos post op -- when did the pains/headaches finally stop?  How long after surgery?  I was told about 3-4 weeks - but it's still there
Regina

marvin65

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 10:00:35 am »
Thank you for replying . Im sorry I was not able to go to website for a while.  Its good to know the dented site is not abnormal. I can not see the site except when using 2 mirrors opposite each other.  but when I try tofeel it with my fingers. I definitely can feel the sunken. In fact I feel its more dented now. I have not observed the ear though, I still will observe it.  Same thing , I try to always adjust my eyeglasses so it doesn't touch near my dented site.   I dont know about the curly hair. I do have keloid , so I am careful that the site with hair won't grow keloid.  I am sorry about the headache.