Author Topic: Inflammation  (Read 1458 times)

LethaGriffin

Inflammation
« on: August 10, 2018, 09:32:54 am »
I had a small AN on left side and had surgery at Vanderbilt in 2015.  Two weeks after surgery was put back in the hospital for meningitis.  The last 2 MRI's have showed inflammation.   Has anyone else had this issue.  It feels tight in that side of my head at time. When I have headaches, they are usually always in that side of my head.  I also have a lump on the top of my head.  My PCP said it may be a fat deposit or cyst but didn't say anything about getting it checked further. I also had a parotid tumor right side removed in 2015, opposite side of my head.  An MRI report showed a discrete mass arising along the anterior-inferior aspect of the right salivary gland measuring approx. 15x15x8 mm in size yet my PCP did not say anything to me.  I found out when I read the copy of the MRI report.  Suggestions?????

notaclone13

Re: Inflammation
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 11:57:04 am »
Get a new PCP maybe? Because at the very least he/she should be addressing your concerns. Sounds like you have a tough time the past few years. Twp surgeries in 2015 and meningitis.  Now you have a mass on the MRI and your doctor said nothing?  I sometimes think MDs get burnout and no longer see their patients as people with feelings and concerns.  If my doctor was indifferent to my worries, I think I might start looking for someone more attentive.

LethaGriffin

Re: Inflammation
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 11:59:22 am »
Thank you. That is what I am thinking is best.